Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘I can watch that all night’

Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:43 am

‘I can watch that all night’: Roy Keane impressed with Spurs & Liverpool duo last night

By Amir Mir

Thursday 19th November 2020

Roy Keane was impressed with Tottenham forward Gareth Bale and Liverpool academy product Harry Wilson last night after they helped Wales record a 3-1 win against Finland in the UEFA Nations League.

The former Premier League winner labelled Tottenham’s summer signing as a ‘brilliant’ player and someone who is ‘getting sharper’ the more he plays, as he told ITV Football (November 11th, 11:45 pm start)

Wilson opened the scoring for his country on home soil when Bale played the on-loan Cardiff man through on goal and he slotted the ball into the back of the net.

Keane labelled talents such as Wilson as ‘exciting’ and he was mightily impressed with the play involving both Bale and his left-footed counterpart from Liverpool during that opening passage.

“They have got some young and exciting talent,” said Keane. “They have, of course, got a brilliant player in Bale, who seems to be getting sharper with more minutes under his belt.

“I loved this goal [Wilson’s opener]. Bale’s gets a break of the ball, it’s the run from Wilson [from the edge of the box into the penalty area] brilliant, outstanding and lovely weight of pass. Beautiful. I can watch that all night. Fantastic.”

Wales reached the semi-finals of the Euros in France last time out and you won’t bet against them causing problems again.

With the young talent at their disposal, their strong performances in defence and Bale at the helm, they are going to be mightily dangerous.

The great news for the Welsh fanbase is that by the time the Euros hit our screens, Bale should be at his best, both performance and fitness-wise, whilst players such as Wilson are benefiting from getting some much-needed minutes under their belts, rather than just sitting on the bench at their parent club.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ‘I can watch that all night’

Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:01 pm

High praise.

Roy Keane is not an easy pundit for players to get positive comments from.

Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:15 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:High praise.

High praise indeed! Pity we have no players with bales eye for a pass eh? Or dan james ability to put good crosses in.lookwhat our players can do,when supplied correctly,that pass,and Wilson's run,was a joy to watch.

Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:46 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:High praise.

;) :thumbup: