Llanrumney Cardiff City project planning application submitt

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:18 pm

Llanrumney Cardiff City project planning application submitted, positive step?

Neil Harris tells of the clubs change of plans on the new training ground, that they’ve now decided to rebuild on the old trading ground they used 15 years ago in LLANRUMNEY.

NEIL HARRIS:

Yeah it is, that Llanrumney site is really important for the club, developing our own site, a base for our whole academy to be at and for the first team to interact as well.

It’s got quality pitches, winter pitches, 4G, learning environment for the kids, classrooms and lads doing college there as well.

It’s having everything at one site.

It’s early days but it’s a really exciting one. Vincent’s thought process for the future, Ken [Choo], Mehmet [Dalman], the board, thinking about the longer term of the club and the youth.

We want success today, of course we do, but the thought process of giving young players a chance, coming into the first team.

Ultimately, the plan is to have XI Cardiff City kids in the first team one day. It’s not easy but that’s what the club wants to see after a period of time.

Neil Harris
Attachments
PA-49271044.jpg
PA-49271044.jpg (525.5 KiB) Viewed 2254 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Llanrumney Cardiff City project planning application sub

Postby bluesince62 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:36 pm

Good news imho,all in one place.
But no team has ever had 11 first teamers from their own area?? But love the idea of having some homegrown talent in the team in future.
bluesince62

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:18 pm

bluesince62 wrote:Good news imho,all in one place.
But no team has ever had 11 first teamers from their own area?? But love the idea of having some homegrown talent in the team in future.

I'm sure I remember reading somewhere that the Celtic team which won the European Cup in 1967 had eleven players all from the local area.

Of course the chances of that happening again has to be very remote.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Abergavenny » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:54 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

I'm sure I remember reading somewhere that the Celtic team which won the European Cup in 1967 had eleven players all from the local area.

You are correct all within a radius of 30 miles of Celtic Park Many teams were like this in the past but chance now are very remote indeed
Abergavenny

Postby skidemin » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:16 pm

i think it was very rare then.....
skidemin

Postby bluesince62 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:56 pm

I bow to your superior knowledge on this,I should of asked if this had happened,instead of using the phrase"no team" but them days seem well gone with the modern game,I'd settle for"2/3 local boys making the squad each year.
bluesince62

Postby rontom » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:21 pm

bluesince62 wrote:

I bow to your superior knowledge on this,I should of asked if this had happened,instead of using the phrase"no team" but them days seem well gone with the modern game,I'd settle for"2/3 local boys making the squad each year.

The most local players we had in the team was the 47/48 league3 south promotion year, when the majority of the team was signed from local parks team, I believe the only Englishman was Colin Gibson, although could be wrong there
rontom

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:35 pm

My only question is, what happened to our other development plans that were happening over the last 11 years??

Cardiff City submit plans for huge state-of-the-art academy complex that will transform well-known area

Friday 20th November 2020

The Bluebirds have submitted their application for the construction of a new sports complex in Llanrumney, where their academy will be based

Cardiff City have submitted their planning application to construct a new, state-of-the-art sports complex at Llanrumney fields.

It is the latest in a series of strides being taken by the Bluebirds hierarchy to make the club's academy a real force in this corner of the world.

Here, we take a look at what this new site includes, what the men at the top think and the other recent developments within the academy which will hopefully serve to better the production line in years to come...

The Llanrumney Sports Complex

Cardiff City have teamed up with Cardiff Council and Cardiff university to drum up the idea for a top-end sports site to serve not only the Bluebirds, but local Llanrumney football and rugby clubs as well as the university's sports teams.

The 16-acre complex, which will become Cardiff City academy's permanent new home, will include a tier-two 3G football facility, a floodlit 3G rugby pitch, another dual floodlit football and rugby pitch (with pitch markings for both sports) with further plans to implement a hockey pitch.

There will also be learning facilities included in the construction, with the plan to take over the old Dr Who building and create a learning environment with classrooms for the youngsters who attend college.

The two-storey building will include offices, a lecture theatre, canteen, changing rooms and a gym. The building will also house an indoor academy-standard 3G training pitch, in addition to five full size grass pitches, a 3G tier-two standard pitch and a goalkeeper-specific training area.

The community facilities will occupy where the old Llanrumney High School playing fields are and will include a new building with changing facilities for the Llanrumney-based sports teams.

Subject to final approvals, it’s hoped the work on the site will commence in late 2020 with the all-weather pitches expected to be available for use by the end of 2021.

All four existing House of Sport sites will continue to run alongside the new Llanrumney development.

The two-story building will include many state-of-the-art facilities (Image: Cardiff City FC)
Attachments
0_llanrumney-2.png
0_llanrumney-2.png (203.77 KiB) Viewed 1388 times
0_Llanrumney-1-2.png
0_Llanrumney-1-2.png (530.37 KiB) Viewed 1388 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:28 pm

Wasnt we going to share with others at the vale ? If so guess there is an issue with that part of things? But there again llanrumney site was not available in its entirety because school was still there at time.... but would help if club explain their rationale for switch after all this time.
pembroke allan

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:34 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Wasnt we going to share with others at the vale ? If so guess there is an issue with that part of things? But there again llanrumney site was not available in its entirety because school was still there at time.... but would help if club explain their rationale for switch after all this time.

PS musnt forget vale been delayed for years by local objections everytime club put in application! Maybe less chance of that at llanrumney :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby thomasblue » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:13 am

pembroke allan wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Wasnt we going to share with others at the vale ? If so guess there is an issue with that part of things? But there again llanrumney site was not available in its entirety because school was still there at time.... but would help if club explain their rationale for switch after all this time.

PS musnt forget vale been delayed for years by local objections everytime club put in application! Maybe less chance of that at llanrumney :thumbup:

I agree
It seems like the clubs preferred venue has been constantly objected against so they have now activated plan B

Another thing the club and Vincent Tan should be applauded for. Another huge step forward under his ownership.
thomasblue

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:10 am

thomasblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

I agree
It seems like the clubs preferred venue has been constantly objected against so they have now activated plan B

Another thing the club and Vincent Tan should be applauded for. Another huge step forward under his ownership.

It was not mentioned in any threads on this subject but as far as aware the club as put in various plans and ultimately some residents have objected last thing was floodlights! And it's not a simple case of changing plans as it costs money and time to alter and to submit new ones.... suspect it will easier at llanrumney to build without residents objecting at ever turn .
pembroke allan

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:23 am

Replies FB:
Attachments
B9B3A2EF-B86A-4901-ABA3-C626CA217C66.jpeg
B9B3A2EF-B86A-4901-ABA3-C626CA217C66.jpeg (275.4 KiB) Viewed 1068 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby exiled12345 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:05 pm

Pembroke Allan you’re wrong regarding Vale developments. Our new training ground has been approved on the site just outside resort, the club has not progressed despite owning the land.

The only profession made on the site was the FAW amending and expanding the existing pavilion to modernise albeit moderately, the current facilities.
exiled12345

Postby exiled12345 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:10 pm

This is the club cutting costs and corners. It’s a re use of
a temporary Dr Who exhibition which Borley got on the cheap. Ultimately the first team won’t benefit from this and will still have (by championship standards) average facilities.
exiled12345

Return to General Chat