BREAKING: ' LEE TOMLIN / BAD NEWS AGAIN '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:41 pm

Cardiff City have been dealt a massive injury blow with Lee Tomlin set to be sidelined for months following groin surgery.

The playmaker, who was the Bluebirds' Player of the Year last season, has had a stop-start beginning to this campaign as the club have attempted to manage his chronic groin issue.

https://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/view ... 2&t=218557 :bluebird:

Tomlin will have been with Cardiff City nearly 4 yrs and only 51 appearances, when he will probably next play for Cardiff, costing approx £27,000 a week.

Thursday 19th November 2020

NEIL HARRIS:

The time frame for Tomlin's potential return from injury

"We are looking from now, at least another eight weeks, middle January at best before he is back available, maybe even February."

Tomlin has played just 22 minutes of football in City's last seven matches as manager Neil Harris and the medical staff attempted to manage the injury.

But, having consulted the surgeon's advice, all parties decided it would be best for the player to go under the knife during the international break in hope of him stringing together a series of performances at the back end of the season.

NEIL HARRIS:

"Lee Tomlin has had an operation at the start of this [international break], so he will be out for a few months unfortunately," Harris said. "He has not been able to manage his groins for as long as we would have hoped.

"So, that's one downside to the break, but what he has done is have the operation quickly and a couple of weeks of that recuperation period has passed already."

"We tried to manage him, a little bit of a gamble to manage him the first few weeks of the season, with the full cooperation of Lee, but it’s just not happened. He has not been able to have a sustained period on the training pitch or turn that into game time.

"Every time he’s got close he’s had a setback. So we followed the surgeon's advice and took the surgery route.

"It's not ideal for anyone but hopefully we can repair Lee properly, both groins, and get him back on the training pitch regularly in a couple months’ time and once we do that we can get him back on the pitch regularly, then he gets a sustained period after Christmas where he is ready for for 10, 15, 20 games in a row.

"Ultimately, any player plays their best football when they have that continuity."

As for the other injured players, Greg Cunningham is back on the training pitch as he steps up his recovery, but he will be unavailable for Millwall this weekend.

Jordi Osei-Tutu, though, is still some way off a return to the side, with Harris stating it might well be another four weeks of recovery for his hamstring issue.

"It's another two weeks of recovery, but he's still got at least another four weeks before we think about getting him included.

"The hamstring area is a dangerous one because he is an explosive player.

"We are really pleased with how he has gone, he is a great pro, a great credit to his family and Arsenal, he does everything that is asked of him, a great lad."

https://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/view ... 2&t=218557
Attachments
0_JS222124591.jpg
0_JS222124591.jpg (65.1 KiB) Viewed 3852 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: BREAKING: ' LEE TOMLIN / BAD NEWS AGAIN '

Postby Sven » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:51 pm

A massive shame for all concerned but we can only wish Lee Tomlin the best f recoveries and hope that the issue is finally resolved

An important player for the Bluebirds and now is the time to offer our support to him :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:54 pm

Sven wrote:A massive shame for all concerned but we can only wish Lee Tomlin the best f recoveries and hope that the issue is finally resolved

An important player for the Bluebirds and now is the time to offer our support to him :ayatollah:

Chris,

Heres to a speedy recovery and a succesful operation :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

I said on here the other day, Tomlin lucky if he plays 1 in 4 games for us since he signed, I got shot down, it will be 1 in 5 games at best before this season ends.

We cant rely on him.

I agree, I like the player, class on his day, but another player injury prone.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby worcester_ccfc » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:21 pm

His injury record is awful, so I'm not surprised about this.

He is undoubtedly one of our best attacking players when fit and not suspended, but he misses far too many games.

This is why it was crucial that we signed Harry Wilson.

I worry that when and if Wilson is also injured or suspended, we have very little or no creativity.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby bluesince62 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:32 pm

Sven wrote:A massive shame for all concerned but we can only wish Lee Tomlin the best f recoveries and hope that the issue is finally resolved

In truth he has needed this surgery since last season,when he(with his blessing no doubt)he was played whilst carrying this injury,in order to achieve reaching the play offs,it kinda worked,but as we can see,at a price! Lets hope wilson stays injury free,at least until January,where we need to get another midfielder,and of course a right back,and as tutu is out,its now imperative we get a right back in.good luck to lee,speedy recovery.
bluesince62

Postby montyblue » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:37 pm

What a shame lets hope wilson does'nt get injured and january can't come soon enough to get some new signings by then though we could have no chance of top 6 so maybe no signings and see out the season.
montyblue

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:42 pm

Replies FB:
Attachments
FFA6D024-4B4A-4F29-8AD2-537D28ED0C7D.jpeg
FFA6D024-4B4A-4F29-8AD2-537D28ED0C7D.jpeg (422.6 KiB) Viewed 3480 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Pulisnewport » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:02 pm

Another long break missing him!

If he comes back or not and wherever we finish in the League time to let him go at the end of the season.

It’s unfortunate for him and the club however he’s become to injury prone and will only get worse with age.

Make a cheeky bid for Bannan from Sheff Wed in January if we are up and around the top to help Wilson.
Pulisnewport

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:11 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:Another long break missing him!

If he comes back or not and wherever we finish in the League time to let him go at the end of the season.

It’s unfortunate for him and the club however he’s become to injury prone and will only get worse with age.

Make a cheeky bid for Bannan from Sheff Wed in January if we are up and around the top to help Wilson.

Karl,

Def should let him go Costs us £1mill a season.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Pulisnewport » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:16 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Karl,

Annis,

I think the club will seriously look at it. If he won’t be fit until January he won’t be match fit until end of February and he’s likely to break down again.

He’s going to be another Jazz Richards, Matt Connolly and Vassel the previous two are still without a club so that sums it up.
Pulisnewport

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:29 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Karl,

Annis,

I think the club will seriously look at it. If he won’t be fit until January he won’t be match fit until end of February and he’s likely to break down again.

He’s going to be another Jazz Richards, Matt Connolly and Vassel the previous two are still without a club so that sums it up.

Def Karl,

As the screws are tightening on the wages and budget on players, we can’t afford to carry expensive players who can’t be relied on.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:39 pm

I agree. The ‘managing’ if his injury just wasn’t working. Let’s hope he’s back with a bang in jan / fen. :bluescarf:
bluebirdoct1962

Postby skidemin » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:57 pm

he was given a contract extension in January taking him up to June 2022 ....
skidemin

Postby thomasblue » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:36 pm

The plus side is coming out of the January window he will be like a big free signing if he's fit.
Strange how all this has happened since his sending off though
thomasblue

Postby skidemin » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:39 pm

thomasblue wrote:The plus side is coming out of the January window he will be like a big free signing if he's fit.

im not holding my breathe... great if it happens but i think way too much faith has been put into the when Tomlin is fit thing already...
skidemin

Postby bluesince62 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:59 pm

skidemin wrote:
thomasblue wrote:The plus side is coming out of the January window he will be like a big free signing if he's fit.

im not holding my breathe... great if it happens but i think way too much faith has been put into the when Tomlin is fit thing already...

He should have never played tail end of last season,he was carrying this injury then,but he was risked to get to play offs.its thecprice unfortunately he has paid dearly for.he is here for at least another season,lets hope he comes back firing.
bluesince62

Postby TopCat CCFC » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:25 pm

Spot On Chris :thumbup:
TopCat CCFC

Postby Sven » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:27 am

Forever Blue wrote:Replies FB:

Annis, this is what I was afraid of; the 'Bash Street Kids' making an appearance at the earliest opportunity... :oops:

He's still our player and few on here demanded he was released or not given a new contract when he was the catalyst for our promotion push last season

Players get injured, it's footballing life and we really need to get behind them when they are recovering :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby bluesince62 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:41 am

Sven wrote:

Annis, this is what I was afraid of; the 'Bash Street Kids' making an appearance at the earliest opportunity... :oops:

He's still our player and few on here demanded he was released or not given a new contract when he was the catalyst for our promotion push last season

Players get injured, it's footballing life and we really need to get behind them when they are recovering :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

It's becoming the norm,to slate our own players,didnt see as much fuss with certain players who were out forr a period of time through injury,hoe much was connoly costing us for example?
This is the price to pay,when putting players on the pitch,still nursing an injury. :old: :bluebird:
bluesince62

Postby Sven » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:14 am

bluesince62 wrote:
Sven wrote:

It's becoming the norm,to slate our own players,didnt see as much fuss with certain players who were out forr a period of time through injury,hoe much was connoly costing us for example?
This is the price to pay,when putting players on the pitch,still nursing an injury. :old: :bluebird:

Paul, you're so right and it becomes embarrassing! :oops:

Confidence is huge in football and it's like they're our there deciding who to 'knock' next

Connolly versus Tomlin is actually a great example of someone prepared to play and another prepared to sit on his contract! :(
Sven

Postby Pulisnewport » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:42 am

Sven wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
Sven wrote:

Confidence is huge in football and it's like they're our there deciding who to 'knock' next

Connolly versus Tomlin is actually a great example of someone prepared to play and another prepared to sit on his contract! :(

I don’t think anyone is having a go at him.

He’s not played much for us since he’s been here due to injury or over indulging (self imposed). He’s been looked after in both wages and treatment.

My personal opinion and I’m entitled to it is that when or if he comes back then the club work to let him go. The future for players who are continually injured is going to change and they will have to join the real world, with us!

Jazz and Connolly are a sign of that still without clubs, Tomlin and Vassel will join them in the future. Clubs are not going to sign players who are injury prone or reaching the end of their careers.

This pandemic has defined that hopefully City in the future will go down that road. I have nothing against both Tomlin and Vassel and hope they recover to play again however life indicates different with their records.

I’d be disappointed if I were waiting for an urgent operation with this pandemic to hear sportsman were getting surgery for injuries that keep reoccurring knowing that they are paid extravagant amounts of wages.

Times are going to change and I personally cannot see either player being taken up by another club when they eventually are released.
Pulisnewport

Postby skiprat » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:47 am

We seem to sign a lot of players who became long term injured?.
skiprat

Postby Paul Keevil » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:13 am

I agree with Annis. Great player. Good to have around. But playing 1 game in 5 is not what we need right now.

£27k per week to play 1 in 5 is the equivalent of paying £125k per week for someone who plays every match - We just wouldnt pay it would we.
Looking for a Photographer?

Accredited Champions League, Premiership and FL Photographer
Cover RL, RU, Motorsport etc
Accredited - 2012 Olympic Games
Attend "Celebrity Events" - papping
Weddings & Porfolio Work
Paul Keevil

Postby skidemin » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:29 am

skiprat wrote:We seem to sign a lot of players who became long term injured?.

i think its an across the board thing mate... just looking at the Wales squad..rambo ,allen , robson kanu, henessy { davies hennesys replacement } injured and plenty that played like rodon, brookes, mepham , bale all having had injuries that kept them out for months... yet when i started watching injuries didnt seem to happen nearly as much ?
skidemin

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:34 am

Sven wrote:

Spot on Chris and who listens to Fakebook anyway?

Posts like ... ‘get rid’ etc make me laugh. And then they moan of the wages he’s on but unless you pay good wages you won’t get good players but still these people can’t see that and still moan!. It’s like ok let’s just ask a player to leave, let’s get rid!!

He’s been carrying and playing through an injury for a long time quite likely with the insistence of the club.
Players get injured, some more than others. Unfortunate but just get on with it.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:36 am

skiprat wrote:We seem to sign a lot of players who became long term injured?.

Yeah it’s only our club it happens to. No other clubs have this problem.
Sack the board and get rid of the players who get injured I say.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby Pulisnewport » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:53 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Sven wrote:

Posts like ... ‘get rid’ etc make me laugh. And then they moan of the wages he’s on but unless you pay good wages you won’t get good players but still these people can’t see that and still moan!. It’s like ok let’s just ask a player to leave, let’s get rid!!

He’s been carrying and playing through an injury for a long time quite likely with the insistence of the club.
Players get injured, some more than others. Unfortunate but just get on with it.

I agree you pay good wages and get the likes of Peter Whittingham hardly ever injured and was a class player.

Tomlin couldn’t tie his boot laces that’s a fact. He will stay until his contract runs out and I’d put money on it he won’t get another one. Neither will Vassel.

Lots of players get injured especially from contact but the latter 2 get them from trying to run hmmm sounds familiar
Pulisnewport

Postby nojac » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:01 am

Why are we always having quotes from Facebook(and its never anything positive) .
If they want to say something join the forum , thats what its for .
nojac

Postby skidemin » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:05 am

Sven wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
Sven wrote:

Connolly versus Tomlin is actually a great example of someone prepared to play and another prepared to sit on his contract! :([/quo

bit unfair on Connolly..
skidemin

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:44 am

Pulisnewport wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Sven wrote:

I agree you pay good wages and get the likes of Peter Whittingham hardly ever injured and was a class player.

Tomlin couldn’t tie his boot laces that’s a fact. He will stay until his contract runs out and I’d put money on it he won’t get another one. Neither will Vassel.

Lots of players get injured especially from contact but the latter 2 get them from trying to run hmmm sounds familiar

I agree that Tomlin is nowhere near the player that Whitt’s was but if you get injuries it’s not Tomlins fault!
Look around, some players have always been more susceptible to injuries than others. It just a fact of life and nothing can be done about it.

I doubt Tomlin wants to be laying on an operating table undergoing surgery.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Next

Return to General Chat