I WANT TO BE A MANAGER SAYS

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:22 pm

ROONEY: I WANT TO BE A MANAGER

Wayne Rooney has reiterated his desire to move into management as he prepares to take caretaker charge of Derby as part of a four-man interim coaching team.

"I would like to manage, I feel i am ready to manage a club now and i would like to manage Derby if I am offered the job."
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: I WANT TO BE A MANAGER SAYS

Postby TopCat CCFC » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:48 pm

Good Luck with that one ;)
TopCat CCFC

Postby thomasblue » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:50 am

I think I am ready aswell , doesnt mean its true.

He seems to me like he doesn't want to put the hard work in and establish himself by learning as a number two or taking a lower league
team . He just wants to be given a big job because of his name.
thomasblue

Postby Escott1927 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:37 am

thomasblue wrote:I think I am ready aswell , doesnt mean its true.

He seems to me like he doesn't want to put the hard work in and establish himself by learning as a number two or taking a lower league

Worked for Gerrard and lampard. Rooney just doesn't come across like he'll be a decent manager, to me anyway. Might be wrong though. Guess we'll soon find out .
Escott1927

Postby thomasblue » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:07 am

Escott1927 wrote:

Worked for Gerrard and lampard. Rooney just doesn't come across like he'll be a decent manager, to me anyway. Might be wrong though. Guess we'll soon find out .

Gerrard worked in Liverpool academy for 2 years before he joined Rangers and has no managerial honours . Lampard has also won nothing despite spending hundreds of millions.

Neither really deserved the jobs they got . It was on name only and neither have done a particularly good job. Just done a the minimum required so far
thomasblue

Postby Bakedalasker » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:11 am

I think he is ready for a managers job.

Over the last decade he has matured into a responsible adult where he has overcome his demons of being a short tempered git.
Bakedalasker

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:55 pm

Not a good start today ;)
TopCat CCFC

Postby Escott1927 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:42 pm

thomasblue wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:

Gerrard worked in Liverpool academy for 2 years before he joined Rangers and has no managerial honours . Lampard has also won nothing despite spending hundreds of millions.

Neither really deserved the jobs they got . It was on name only and neither have done a particularly good job. Just done a the minimum required so far

Have you even looked how they've done/are doing this season? Neither had the experience to land the jobs they have but they are both doing pretty well given the little experience they had.
Escott1927

Postby skidemin » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:02 pm

thomasblue wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:

both are doing well.. and no doubt it helps but its more than just a name ... which is why some very big names never got a look in when it came to being managers despite doing all the required licenses...
skidemin

Postby thomasblue » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:01 pm

Escott1927 wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:

Have you even looked how they've done/are doing this season? Neither had the experience to land the jobs they have but they are both doing pretty well given the little experience they had.

What have they won or achieved ?

Forget the fact he's doing well this season in Scotland its irrelevant at the moment, if he wins it then it changes The league is so shit Russell slade would come second with Rangers aswell.

Lampard has spent a fortune , won nothing and is still in the same position as every other manager at Chelsea for the last 5 years hovering between 7th and 3rd.
thomasblue

Postby thomasblue » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:03 pm

skidemin wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:

both are doing well.. and no doubt it helps but its more than just a name ... which is why some very big names never got a look in when it came to being managers despite doing all the required licenses...

Would Lampard have got the Chelsea job if he wasn't a ex player at the club ?
He wasn't exactly pulling up any trees at Derby.

Gerrard at least is doing it the proper way by starting low and working up
thomasblue

Postby Escott1927 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:04 pm

thomasblue wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:

Forget the fact he's doing well this season in Scotland its irrelevant at the moment, if he wins it then it changes The league is so shit Russell slade would come second with Rangers aswell.

Lampard has spent a fortune , won nothing and is still in the same position as every other manager at Chelsea for the last 5 years hovering between 7th and 3rd.

Lampard reached the playoffs with derby, which is not easy in this league and qualified for the champions league with Chelsea whilst under a transfer embargo and relying on youngsters. I dont think an experienced manger would have done much better last season given the circumstances. Not sure what spending money this season has got to do with anything either? All the top6 teams spend silly money every year.
Rangers have had their best start in the league in 53years. The standard of the league is irrelevant. He can only manage the team he's got and can only play whats in front of him.

Both are doing well given their lack of experience despite not having any trophies or titles to show for it yet.
Escott1927

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:45 pm

ROONEY 'EXPECTS' TO BE NEXT DERBY MANAGER

Sky Sports pundit Keith Andrews believes Wayne Rooney expects to be the next permanent manager of Derby, but has warned of the difficulties of combining the duties of playing and coaching.

Derby captain Rooney is currently collaborating in a foursome with coaches Liam Rosenior, Shay Given and Justin Walker to lead training and decide team selection following Philip Cocu's dismissal - but the club are currently bottom of the Championship table.

Rooney has previously expressed his desire to take the Derby job full-time but Sky Sports News does not expect a decision will be made until the takeover by Abu Dhabi royal family member Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan is completed.

"I have no doubt Wayne Rooney expected to be the manager after Phillip Cocu's reign ended. In terms of how it works out now, I'm not sure," Andrews told the Sky Sports EFL Podcast. "It's very difficult to be a player-manager now. I was a player-coach and I couldn't do it. There is so much that goes on away from the pitch, and when you've finished training and with the time it takes it's actually impossible to do. He needs to make a decision about going one way or the other.

"With the takeover lingering in the background as well it remains to be seen what type of manager they want. I don't think it will be Wayne Rooney, I think they'll go a different route."

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:45 pm

Interim Derby boss Wayne Rooney has insisted he wants the job on a full-time basis.

“I wouldn’t be sat here if I didn’t think I was ready to take it on," said Rooney ahead of his side's clash at Middlesbrough on Wednesday.

"There’s a lot more to the role than preparing the team. I have to do a lot of things behind the scenes and I am comfortable and fine doing that.”

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Nuclearblue » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:39 pm

Well it’s the next stage in his career. But just because he was a good player and a granny shagger will not automatically make him a good manager. Only time will tell but those that say I learnt so much from Ferguson basically fail as they need to be there own man.
He might make it he might not but he has to try. It’s normally the not so vocal players turn out to be the better managers.
Nuclearblue

Postby thomasblue » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:42 pm

Escott1927 wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:

Lampard reached the playoffs with derby, which is not easy in this league and qualified for the champions league with Chelsea whilst under a transfer embargo and relying on youngsters. I dont think an experienced manger would have done much better last season given the circumstances. Not sure what spending money this season has got to do with anything either? All the top6 teams spend silly money every year.
Rangers have had their best start in the league in 53years. The standard of the league is irrelevant. He can only manage the team he's got and can only play whats in front of him.

Both are doing well given their lack of experience despite not having any trophies or titles to show for it yet.

So you agree both have done nothing of note as managers.

Lampard took a very good Derby squad which was mainly assembled before he got there to the play offs and lost them did the bare minimum expected of him at Chelsea by scraping into the champions league at the last minute.

Gerrard has won nothing and is managing a decent Rangers team against league 2 level opposition in a season when Celtic are having a bad spell. Like I said even Russell Slade would get Rangers to second in that league
thomasblue

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:41 pm

As I Said .......Good Luck With That ONE !!! ;)
TopCat CCFC

Postby Sven » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:44 pm

I missed this before and assumed it must have been referring to Neil Harris... :D :lol: :lol:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Return to General Chat