Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What will the result be of Millwall v Cardiff City?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:00 pm

Millwall win
29%
Cardiff City win
47%
Draw
24%

Total votes : 17

MATCH THREAD: " MILLWALL v CARDIFF CITY " MATCH THREAD

Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:00 pm

MILLWALL v CARDIFF CITY
Saturday 21st November, 3pm
Sky Bet Championship
The Den

Match to be played in front of no supporters, for information on how to watch the match on TV or to stream it - see below

Cardiff City XI: Smithies; Bacuna, Morrison, Nelson, Bennett; Wilson, Pack, Ralls; Hoilett; Moore, Glatzel.

Subs: Phillips, Bamba, Bagan, Benkovic, Vaulks, Whyte, Murphy, Ojo, Harris.

Saturday 21st November 2020 :bluebird:

Cardiff City will be without three key players for today's clash at The Den. :bluebird: :bluebird:

It was confirmed this week that Lee Tomlin will be out for months after undergoing surgery on his groin, while Jordi Osei-Tutu will be missing for at least another four weeks with his hamstring issue.

Greg Cunningham is back training and progressing well following his own hamstring issue, but this weekend will be too soon for his return.

Isaac Vassell is also still absent as a long-term injury continues to take its toll.

MILLWALL:

As for the hosts, on loan Tottenham striker Troy Parrott is in line to make his Championship debut after suffering injury strife with his ankle at the beginning of his time at The Den.

Shane Ferguson is thought to be a doubt for the south Londoners, having been taken off early with a back injury in Northern Ireland's defeat by Austria.

TEAM NEWS: :bluebird:

Filip Benkovic could make this Saturday’s bench.

"Lee Tomlin will be out until January / February hopefully will be back playing."

Greg Cunningham (training now) and Isaac Vassell are still unavailable.

Jordi Osei-Tutu could be out for a bit longer, prob end of December /January.

How can I watch this match on TV?

This match is live on Cardiff City TV.

About Millwall

Millwall Football Club is a professional football club in Bermondsey, South East London, England. They compete in the EFL Championship, the second tier of English football. Founded as Millwall Rovers in 1885, the club has retained its name despite having last played in the Millwall area of the Isle of Dogs in 1910. From then until 1993, the club played at what is now called The Old Den in New Cross, before moving to its current home stadium nearby, called The Den. The traditional club crest is a lion rampant, referred to in the team's nickname 'The Lions'. Millwall's traditional kit consists of blue shirts, white shorts, and blue socks.

In Millwall's 93 seasons in the Football League from 1920–21 to 2019–20, the club have been promoted eleven times (five times as champions in 1928, 1938, 1962, 1988, and 2001) and relegated nine times. They have spent the majority of their existence yo-yoing between the second and third tiers of English football. The club did have a brief spell in the top flight between 1988 and 1990, in which they achieved their highest ever league finish of tenth place in the First Division in 1988–89. Millwall reached the 2004 FA Cup final and qualified for Europe for the first time in their history, playing in the UEFA Cup. The club have also won two League One play-off finals in 2010 and 2017, the Football League Group Cup in 1983, and were Football League Trophy finalists in 1999.

In the media, Millwall's supporters have often been associated with hooliganism, with numerous films having been made fictionalising their notoriety. The fans are renowned for their terrace chant "No one likes us, we don't care". Millwall have a long-standing rivalry with West Ham United. The local derby between the two sides has been contested almost a hundred times since 1899. The club also share a rivalry with Leeds United, and contest the South London derby with local rivals Crystal Palace and Charlton Athletic.

Previous Meeting 

We drew 1-1 at home to Millwall on Boxing Day 2019.

Team News - Predicted Line-Ups

Millwall: Bialkowski, Hutchinson, Wallace, Cooper, Romeo, Woods, Leonard, Malone, Wallace, Smith, Bennett

Cardiff City: Smithies, Bacuna, Morrison, Nelson, Bennett, Pack, Ralls, Hoilett, Ojo, Wilson, Moore

Form - Last Three Games

Sheffield Wednesday 0-0 Millwall
Norwich City 0-0 Millwall
Millwall 0-3 Huddersfield Town

Cardiff City 0-1 Bristol City
Cardiff City 3-0 Barnsley
QPR 3-2 Cardiff City

Match Odds

Millwall - 29/20
Cardiff City - 15/8
Draw - 23/10

Predictions

Post your predictions below  :thumbright:

Re: LATEST NEWS " MILLWALL v CARDIFF CITY " MATCH THREAD

Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:33 pm

0-2 bloobirds

Re: LATEST NEWS " MILLWALL v CARDIFF CITY " MATCH THREAD

Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:23 am

TEAM NEWS: :bluebird:

Filip Benkovic could make this Saturday’s bench.

"Lee Tomlin will be out for at least a month, January hopefully will be back playing at best."

Greg Cunningham (training now) and Isaac Vassell are still unavailable.

Jordi Osei-Tutu could be out for a bit longer, prob end of December /January.

Re: TEAM NEWS " MILLWALL v CARDIFF CITY " MATCH THREAD

Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:05 am

Millwall manager Gary Rowett gives assessment on Cardiff City test – as Neil Harris heads back to The Den

By Richard Cawley

Tuesday 17 November 2020

Millwall manager Gary Rowett is happy to head into Saturday’s meeting with Cardiff City after a two-week break.

Former Lions boss Neil Harris returns to The Den for the first time since he quit in October 2019.

The Lions have lost just one of their last seven Championship fixtures – that reverse coming the last time they were in SE16.

Rowett said: “I’m glad to be going into it [the Cardiff match] off the back of a little bit of a breather. It allows us the chance to at least feel fresh.

“It’s going to be a challenge for the players, just because Cardiff are a good side and it’s Neil and Livers [David Livermore] coming back – their old management team. There’s always that strangeness to it.

“Cardiff are good at what they do. They are trying to play a little bit more but they also have an obvious physical threat that you’ve got to try and deal with.

“They’ve got players like [Harry] Wilson and [Marlon] Pack in there, technical players who move the ball well. It’s a balanced team, like we are.

“We need to start delivering more wins at home and this is the first one of a group of games which are a tough run. We’ve got a tough-looking run of fixtures over the next period. But the Championship is like that anyway. You’ve got to do your best and try and win it.

“I know Cardiff have maybe not started quite as well as they’d like but that is the same for many teams in the division.”

The Welsh side landed a play-off spot on the final day of last season but lost over two legs to Fulham in the semi-finals.

They have taken six points from a possible 18 and are 15th in the table – four points behind Millwall.

Rowett said: “They did really well to get into it [the play-offs]. They were in a similar position to ourselves prior to lockdown. Their results in the last nine games were really good which got them into the play-offs in the first place.

“Fulham proved to be the best team in the play-offs, in terms of their performances. I’ve lost myself to Fulham in the play-off semi-final, so I know the challenge you have. They dominate the ball and make it really frustrating for you to get it back and that’s when you tend to lose your shape.

“I’m sure they’ll use that disappointment to go one better this year.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:03 pm

Struggling to see anything other than
a City win by 2 goals

:bluescarf: :bluebird: :D

Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:51 am

Gary Rowett confirms major development on Tottenham loanee at Millwall

By Jake Sanders

19/11/2020

Troy Parrott could make his long-awaited Championship debut for Millwall against Cardiff City this weekend – with Lions boss Gary Rowett hinting as a possible start for the teenager.

Parrott has been plagued with injuries since joining from Tottenham on-loan – missing the first few league matches with a muscle problem, before suffering ankle ligament damage on his Lions debut against Burnley back in late-September.

However, the Spurs man has been working hard in training and looks set to be involved against ex-Millwall boss Neil Harris’ Bluebirds side.

Parrott played 45 minutes for Republic of Ireland U21s against Iceland on Sunday, before a number of absentees saw the 18-year-old called into the senior squad.

Kylian Mbappé hits hat-trick vs Monaco

Paris Saint-Germain defeated Monaco 3-1 at le Parc des Princes in August 2019. Kylian Mbappé scored a stunning hat-trick.

He then played the final five minutes of Ireland’s goalless draw with Bulgaria in the Nations League on Wednesday evening, and Rowett admitted that if Parrott returns unscathed, he’ll be in the squad to face the South Wales outfit on Saturday.

20 quiz questions about Millwall’s current squad that Lions fans should be getting correct

Rowett told the South London Press: “If he comes back fit then he’ll be involved. The decision moving forward is whether we start him or use him off the bench.

“It’s like anything, if you have got someone you feel can score goals and you feel you’re at a point where it isn’t a risk then he’s going to start a game for us.

“That’s why he has been brought in – to play. And he’s been brought in to make a bit of a difference. We know h’s only young but we feel he’s got enough quality.”

The Verdict

Finally, this is the news that all Millwall fans, and Tottenham fans to an extent, have been desperately waiting to hear following an increasingly frustrating few months for the youngster.

Parrott was brought in to score goals, and with the Lions approaching five-hours without finding the net in the Championship, this is a major boost for their strike-department.

However, despite Rowett hinting at a potential starting place, the Millwall boss needs to carefully monitor Parrott’s fitness, especially after what happened to him in that EFL Cup against Burnley.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:47 pm

As for the other injured players, Greg Cunningham is back on the training pitch as he steps up his recovery, but he will be unavailable for Millwall this weekend.

Jordi Osei-Tutu, though, is still some way off a return to the side, with Harris stating it might well be another four weeks of recovery for his hamstring issue.

"It's another two weeks of recovery, but he's still got at least another four weeks before we think about getting him included.

"The hamstring area is a dangerous one because he is an explosive player.

"We are really pleased with how he has gone, he is a great pro, a great credit to his family and Arsenal, he does everything that is asked of him, a great lad."

Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:13 pm

'A father figure' – Millwall star on 'ridiculously underrated' Cardiff City boss Neil Harris and wanting to haunt him

The Bluebirds manager is a club icon at The Den, for his exploits as both a player and a manager, but will go back in the opposite dugout for the first time this weekend

By Glen Williams

Friday 20th November 2020

Millwall's star man Jed Wallace has lavished praise on Cardiff City boss Neil Harris and admitted he was "lucky to play for him" at The Den.

Wallace, who scored the last time he faced the Bluebirds in a 1-1 draw back on Boxing Day, will come up against his former manager this weekend when the Bluebirds travel to south London to face the Lions on Saturday.

It was be familiar surroundings, of course, for Neil Harris, who played almost 300 games for the club, is their record goalscorer and managed there for four years, but the lack of fans will be anything but familiar at a ground which is renowned for its intimidating atmosphere.

So it will be a strange homecoming for the former Millwall boss, but make no mistake that those in attendance will be very pleased to see him.

Harris, who won promotion to the Championship with the Lions, is deemed a huge success at Millwall and Wallace believes the job he did at The Den is "ridiculously underrated".

Jed Wallace has spoken about how Neil Harris gave him back his confidence, with the Millwall attacker coming up against his former boss on Saturday afternoon.

Wallace had two loan stays with the Lions – the first of those in 2016 between January and March before winning promotion from League One the following year. He signed a permanent deal in June 2017.

JED WALLACE:

“You can just feel that genuine belief in you straight away," he said of Harris to South London Press.

“You came into the environment that Chopper [Harris] created and you loved it. You wanted to come back. That’s why so many players who came on loan signed for Millwall.

“The man, for me, is a Millwall icon – as a player and as a manager. I was lucky to play for him.

“He is one of the most highly-thought of managers. There are always going to be players who talk bad – mostly through bitterness of their own circumstance - but Neil is one who there are very few players, whether they are in or out of the team, who will have a bad word to say.

"We all loved and respected him. That showed over the four years – how much success we had.

“The job he did at Millwall was ridiculously underrated, when you break it down. They had just been relegated from the Championship, then you get the euphoria of getting to the play-off final – but losing. Then you get promoted.

“I don’t know if it’s because he was only at Millwall that it went under the radar. But you see these more stylish coaches who do half the job that Chopper did and they are the best thing since sliced bread.

“He fully deserved a go at a so-called bigger club in Cardiff. There is going to be a lot said this season about who can keep their best players fit. If Cardiff do that and we finish above them then I think we’ll be right where we want to be, which is that top six.”

Wallace praised how Harris instilled confidence in his players and filled them with belief.

A lack of self-belief is something he has referenced this season with Cardiff City, who currently sit in 15th position after a stuttering start to the campaign, and will hope to put that right this weekend and moving forward.

Wallace referenced how Harris went above and beyond for midfielder Ben Thompson, who tragically lost his 16-year-old brother back in December 2014. Harris immediately called off training and drove Thompson all the way to Dover, where his brother had passed away. Thompson later referred to him as his "second dad".

And that is just how Wallace sees him, too, not only a coach but a father figure to many.

“He gave me his word that if we got promoted he would sign me – and he was on the phone the day after the play-off final trying to make it happen," Wallace recalls of his second loan spell at Millwall from Wolves.

"As a footballer, you don’t forget things like that. When people show loyalty to you it makes you want to give loyalty back.

“You can see the relationship he had with Thommo after what he went through [losing his brother]. To a lot of the lads he was a father figure.”

But, heading into Saturday's match, there is no doubting that Wallace is keen on spoiling Harris' homecoming.

“I’m look forward to it,” Wallace added. “I think a lot of managers fear their former players coming back to haunt them, and he might have felt like that last year.

“They’ve got a strong squad there. They’ve had a bit of a slow start, but I certainly expect them to be towards the top half of the table.”

Harris, of course, is also fully focussed on the job at hand this weekend, but you cannot underestimate, on a human level, the affinity he has with Millwall and Saturday's clash will be a real mix of emotions for him.

He has certainly made a lasting mark on his former club and is working hard to ensure that is the case with the Bluebirds.

"I'm really looking forward to it, looking forward to seeing a lot of faces I know well, staff, players I brought in and a manager I know extremely well. I’m really looking forward to that," Harris said.

"I'm really focused with wanting to going there to get the points. It would give me huge pride in going back there and getting three points for Cardiff City.

"I feel reinvigorated after the break, after watching the Bristol game back a couple of times. On the back of the Barnsley victory and, to a certain extent, the second half against QPR, I'm really looking forward to it and getting going again.

"Spending time with the players on and off the pitch is vitally important for me and having that in the last 15 days has been massive and, as a group, we can't wait for Saturday."

Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:28 pm

‘Absolutely he will’ – Former Millwall boss Neil Harris will come under pressure if he doesn’t deliver Cardiff City top-six challenge

Millwall 24/7 / News ADen

Friday November 20, 2020

NEIL Harris was a surprise choice for many to replace Neil Warnock as Cardiff manager last November.

But Harris perhaps outperformed expectations by taking the Bluebirds from 16th after his first game in charge – a 2-2 draw at Charlton – to a fifth-place finish.

In the play-offs Cardiff lost the home leg of their semi-final 2-0 to Fulham, but they pushed the Cottagers all the way before a 4-3 aggregate defeat cost Harris what would have been a third Wembley appearance in five years.

But this season hasn’t seen that progress maintained.

This week, the NewsAtDen spoke to sports journalist Tom Coleman , who reports on Cardiff, to find out what the feeling is about Harris across the border.

NewsAtDen: What was the reaction among fans and local journalists when Neil Harris was appointed?

Tom Coleman: Lukewarm. I think there was a feeling that Harris was at best a sideways step from previous boss Neil Warnock, who sadly seemed to lose his way a bit towards the end of his reign here. I think it’s safe to say he wasn’t the first choice for many supporters, many of whom would have probably preferred a bigger name to take the club to the next level.

But to his immense credit, Harris has won over quite a few of his critics. Yes, this season has been a bit frustrating, but last season’s play-off spot was certainly well deserved and, on the whole, he’s done a pretty good job.

NAD: Cardiff beat Millwall to the signing of Kieffer Moore in the summer – how has he done so far?

TC: Brilliantly. It’s not an exaggeration to say that he’s already an integral member of this side. Cardiff have lacked a proper out-and-out goal-scorer for years, and Moore arguably fills that void. For a fanbase that still remembers the days of Robert Earnshaw, Jay Bothroyd and Michael Chopra, there’s a real feeling he can be their latest goal-scoring hero.

NAD: Has the summer transfer business improved the side?

TC: Yes. As well as Moore, Cardiff brought Liverpool loanee Harry Wilson on board, which (on paper at least) has given them one of the most exciting frontlines in the division, although keeping playmaker Lee Tomlin fit has admittedly proved tricky so far this term.

Sheyi Ojo and Jordi Osei-Tutu have also proved to be useful additions, although they are a little too reliant on the latter given the departures of Dion Sanderson and Jazz Richards. The loss of livewire winger Nathaniel Mendez-Laing (contract terminated for breach) will also be considered a blow, although his exit admittedly had little to do with football or finances.

NAD: Harris was often criticised at Millwall for direct play and not very exciting football – what style has he implemented at Cardiff?

TC: Well I’m not sure you can get more direct than the football played under Warnock! When he was unveiled, Harris was keen to stress that he wasn’t simply going to be a continuation of the old regime. In fairness, he has tried to implement a more attractive approach, and I think his decision to bring a playmaker like Tomlin in from the cold is testament to that.

But Cardiff have seldom looked a free-flowing attacking force, and there has definitely been some dissatisfaction from supporters at times, although on the whole I think many are still behind him.

NAD: It’s only three wins from 11 in the league – what has been behind that slow start?

TC: Good question. I think it’s been a combination of factors, but for me it essentially boils down to too many square pegs in too many round holes. For example, the absence of Tomlin has seen Wilson employed in the number 10 role, and he’s done very well there, but for me his best position is out wide given he’s by far the best crosser of a ball Cardiff have at their disposal.

Joe Ralls has been tried there too without much success, while the full-back situation has also looked tricky. Injuries have seen Leandro Bacuna often filling in. He’s done a fairly decent job, but his absence in the middle of the park has left them lacking that little bit of industry and zip in midfield. Then, of course, they’re just giving away really sloppy goals at the moment, and have largely found it difficult to start games on the front foot this season, particularly at home.

NAD: Former Cardiff player Graham Kavanagh recently questioned what Harris’ playing philosophy is – was that justified?

TC: To an extent. I think there’s certainly more to come, particularly with the additions made.

However, I can see what he means on his point about the philosophy. Part of Cardiff’s problem, in my opinion, is their reliance on individuals to produce the moment of magic needed to win a game. A little more cohesion in the final third would go a long way to easing those concerns.

NAD: Could Harris come under pressure if they are still some way off the top six by Christmas?

TC: Absolutely he will. Chairman Mehmet Dalman said as much on the final day of the domestic window. The board really went out on a limb to land Wilson and, while the financial package wasn’t as large as some have made out, his signing still took a hefty effort from the hierarchy.

I think there’s a feeling in the club that Harris now has all the tools to mount a top-six challenge, and they will want to see some returns sooner rather than later.

NAD: Finally, a score prediction?

TC: Despite some of the doom and gloom, I quite fancy Cardiff here. Millwall have obviously drawn a blank in their last three games, and Cardiff have been fairly decent on the road. Like City, I get the feeling Millwall must be suffering at the lack of fans this term. The atmosphere at The Den is, in my opinion, one of the best in English football, and visiting teams must be thankful to not be playing in front of a crowd that’s always up for it.

I’m sure the return of Harris wouldn’t have gone unnoticed either!

If it clicks for Cardiff in the final third in the way it did against Barnsley, I can see them getting a result.

I’ll be optimistic and go Cardiff to win 2-0.

Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:32 pm

Preview | Millwall v Cardiff City

Present v past at The Den...

Millwall resume their Sky Bet Championship campaign on Saturday afternoon as The Lions welcome Cardiff City to The Den (kick-off 3pm).

Following the November international break, Gary Rowett's side now embark on a tough schedule which will see them play 11 games between this weekend and the end of 2020 - beginning with a double-header in SE16.

There will be a meeting of managers past and present in the dugout at the weekend, as the duo of club legend Neil Harris and his assistant and Lions stalwart David Livermore return to South London for the first time since their departure in October 2019.

The Millwall manager will be able to welcome Troy Parrott back into the fold against The Bluebirds, after the striker came through Republic of Ireland duty unscathed on his way back from injury. Fortunes are mixed for The Lions' two other internationals, Jon Dadi Bodvarsson and Shane Ferguson, however - the Icelander is fit to play after featuring in all three of his nation's matches over the break, whilst Ferguson will be assessed before kick-off after pulling out of Northern Ireland's trip to Austria in the first-half.

Billy Mitchell, meanwhile, has unfortunately suffered a setback in recovery from injury and will not return until the new year.

In a change which reverts back to the latter part of last season, five substitutes - and squads of 20 - will be allowed from this weekend after a vote was carried earlier this week.

Saturday's fixture will be streamed on iFollow, with season ticket holders able to take advantage of a new system which sees the match automatically added to their account. For further information, including news of why certain supporters have been sent streaming codes, click here.

The game has been selected for overseas broadcast, meaning that Match Passes are not available to international customers, but UK customers - who are not Millwall season ticket holders - can purchase one, at a cost of £10.

Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:41 pm

Neil Harris interview: Millwall project was exciting and fulfilling... but that chapter of my life has gone

Harris is Millwall’s all-time top scorer and previously managed the club for almost five years (scored 138 goals).

Evening Standard

Friday 20th November 2020

Cardiff boss Neil Harris will go up against Millwall at The Den for the first time as a manager this weekend

There will not be too many visiting managers who arrive at The Den this season and bemoan the fact that it’s empty. Doing so would be rather like complaining that your blackjack dealer had forgotten his marked deck, or that your local volcano hadn’t been erupting enough lately.

But when Neil Harris takes his Cardiff City side to Millwall on Saturday and stands in the away dugout for the first time as a manager, it will be a shame that 20,000 Lions fans are not there to welcome him home, particularly given the way his celebrated tenure ended.

Harris left by mutual consent in October 2019, after a run of bad results had seen sections of the Millwall support begin to turn against a man who, as a player, scored more goals than anyone else in the history of their club, and as a manager, delivered promotion back to the Championship, as well as two FA Cup quarter-finals, in a reign lasting almost five years.

A warm homecoming might have been a way to banish any lingering ill-feeling, any sense of regret and to revel in times gone by - not that Harris himself is in the business of sentimental reflection.

“It's my old club so you always take notice of what they're doing, but that chapter of my life has gone,” he said ahead of the Championship meeting. “It was a wonderful time, but now it's a new chapter and the only challenge in front of me at the moment is going back to The Den on Saturday and getting three points.”

Harris is Millwall’s all-time top scorer and previously managed the club for almost five years

The absence of home support may help in that endeavour, but with the Bluebirds faithful also famously among the division’s most vociferous, Harris puts both his old and current clubs in the same boat when it comes to being hindered by the now not-so-novel playing conditions.

NEIL HARRIS:

“There are a lot of similarities in the passion of the fan bases,” he said. “Cardiff City Stadium for the big games that I've played in there and now obviously managed, huge, huge games, and the fans really can be the turning point.

“I think the same would be said of Millwall, when they need a bit of support the fans get behind you and can really spur you on. I think they're another side at the moment that particularly at home are missing their fan base.”

This week marked exactly a year since Harris took the Cardiff job, but he has quickly made himself at home.

At the time of his departure from Millwall, Harris was the seventh longest-serving manager in English football. Some might have taken a longer break than the six weeks the 43-year-old afforded himself before crossing the Severn Bridge, and many would have looked to do so with a more promotion-ready outfit, though he was not a million miles away last season, inheriting a team in 14th and taking them to the play-offs.

But, at Millwall, Harris got an increasingly rare taste of what might be achieved with time and it is that which he is clearly desperate for again, despite a slow start this season, as he speaks with genuine excitement about the future and club’s planning application for a new academy in Llanrumney.

“Building a long-term project at Millwall was exciting and fulfilling,” he said. “Then leaving there at what I believe was the right time and coming to Cardiff and, in some ways, starting again, building a club from academy upwards is a great project as well.

“Ultimately, without getting too carried away, the plan is to have 11 Cardiff City kids in the first team one day as men. Not easy, but that's the focus and what the club want to see after a period of time."

For a reminder of Harris’ longevity and influence in south London, one need only look at the personnel he will face this weekend. Of the players in the Millwall squad that his successor, Gary Rowett, has not signed himself, only midfielder Shaun Williams was not handed his debut by Harris.

“Gary's come in and taken over the baton and done a brilliant job, a great job,” Harris adds. “It's not always easy working with other people's players, but I like to think I left him with a good core group of players and he's done exceptionally well.

“I'm personally really looking forward to it, seeing a lot of faces that I know really well, players I brought in and a manager that I know extremely well.

“It would give me huge pride going back and getting three points for Cardiff City.”

Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:48 am

What are the odds?

Millwall win: 2/1

Draw: 11/5

Cardiff City: 7/5

Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:50 am

Cardiff City will be without three key players for today's clash at The Den.

It was confirmed this week that Lee Tomlin will be out for months after undergoing surgery on his groin, while Jordi Osei-Tutu will be missing for at least another four weeks with his hamstring issue.

Greg Cunningham is back training and progressing well following his own hamstring issue, but this weekend will be too soon for his return.

Isaac Vassell is also still absent as a long-term injury continues to take its toll.

As for the hosts, on loan Tottenham striker Troy Parrott is in line to make his Championship debut after suffering injury strife with his ankle at the beginning of his time at The Den.

Shane Ferguson is thought to be a doubt for the south Londoners, having been taken off early with a back injury in Northern Ireland's defeat by Austria.

Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:49 am

Match facts

Each of the last five EFL meetings between Millwall and Cardiff have ended level – the last Football League fixture to see more consecutive draws was Gillingham vs Walsall (six between August 2009 – February 2015).

Millwall have drawn back-to-back Championship games 0-0, whilst only twice in their Football League history have the Lions drawn three consecutive matches by this scoreline (in April 1936 & September 1993).

Cardiff have lost two of their last three Championship games (W1), as many defeats as in their previous 11 matches.

Cardiff City have scored more goals from set piece situations than any other Championship side this season (seven, with four of them coming away from home).

Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:49 am

Millwall have won just one of their last 14 meetings with Cardiff in the EFL (D10 L3), a 1-0 victory at the Den in October 2014.

Re: MATCH THREAD: " MILLWALL v CARDIFF CITY " MATCH THREAD

Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:01 pm

Cardiff City XI: Smithies; Bacuna, Morrison, Nelson, Bennett; Wilson, Pack, Ralls; Hoilett; Moore, Glatzel.

Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:03 pm

Bluebirds :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:03 pm

Cardiff on the attack

Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:04 pm

easy for the Millwall keeper

Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:06 pm

Millwall break through Jed Wallace and Marlon Pack and Curtis Nelson both do brilliantly to stop him as he tried to sprint through on goal.

Top defending.

Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:07 pm

Chance! Glatzel does magnificently to chest the ball in the box and turn his defender. He sends a left-footed effort towards goal but it is over the bar!

Good work from the German.

Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:08 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Chance! Glatzel does magnificently to chest the ball in the box and turn his defender. He sends a left-footed effort towards goal but it is over the bar!

Good work from the German.

I thought it was a rugby shot :lol:

Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:08 pm

Game played at a fast pace, both clubs up for it

Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:10 pm

Glatzel makes another encouraging run down the left, but just overhits his touch and the ball crosses the goalline before he can send his cross in. Goal kick.

Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:16 pm

Joe Ralls does well tracking Ben Thompson back and manages to win a goal kick.

Decent period this for the hosts, though.

Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:18 pm

It's like watching Wales without the end product.

Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:19 pm

Little bit scrappy here, Cardiff struggling to find any real rhythm thus far. A lot of possession for the hosts in the early exchanges.

Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:21 pm

17 mins of pretty crap quality from both sides ...ball being hoofed up field

Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:21 pm

Joe Ralls scythes down Ben Thompson in midfield and it's another break in play for the free kick on the halfway line.

Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:23 pm

A lovely pass from Marlon Pack to Hoilett is dummied by the winger and Bennett picks it up on the overlap and skips beyond Ryan Leonard. He hits the byline but his cross, unfortunately, hits the first man.