Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Best ,the worst, and vive la difference!

Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:13 pm

BEST....Thats the best I have seen Bennett play for a long time
WORST Marlon Pack - thats the worst I have seen from ANY Cardiff midfielder for a long time! It is like playing Morrison in midfield, although Morrison would probably be better!. Please, please Neil Harris stop playing him!
When he is there it is like walking football and sideways sideways back. And we are slow and predictable, and
end up with hoof from the back.

VIVE LA DIFFERENCE Hats off to Murphy. He brought much needed pace and directness. His introduction made the difference - otherwise we would have lost.

Personally I don’t think Pack should be near the team. And although I appreciate that Murphy is unreliable and frustrating, he has pace and skill and should start most games. Giving him 15 mins at the end is no good. (Remember, he played pretty well in the Prem).
What do you think?

Re: Best ,the worst, and vive la difference!

Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:21 pm

Agree. Murphy's introduction changed the tempo. He needs more time on the park. No.10.

Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:23 pm

Lengee wrote:BEST....Thats the best I have seen Bennett play for a long time
WORST Marlon Pack - thats the worst I have seen from ANY Cardiff midfielder for a long time! It is like playing Morrison in midfield, although Morrison would probably be better!. Please, please Neil Harris stop playing him!
When he is there it is like walking football and sideways sideways back. And we are slow and predictable, and
end up with hoof from the back.

VIVE LA DIFFERENCE Hats off to Murphy. He brought much needed pace and directness. His introduction made the difference - otherwise we would have lost.

Personally I don’t think Pack should be near the team. And although I appreciate that Murphy is unreliable and frustrating, he has pace and skill and should start most games. Giving him 15 mins at the end is no good. (Remember, he played pretty well in the Prem).
What do you think?

Its not only pack the whole midfield (except wilson) and defence only know how to play sideways or backwards! Pack just gets more of ball than others... rolls was absent for large parts of game until later stages when we pressed same with others... it's way we play thats the problem not so much individuals

Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:36 pm

Murphy needs a run in the team. People expect him to be at the top of his game when he gets an odd appearance here an there. Wingers are inconsistent at the best of times.

Murphy and ojo on the wings and wilson in the middle. Play with some width and get some crosses into the box.

Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:41 pm

Escott1927 wrote:Murphy needs a run in the team. People expect him to be at the top of his game when he gets an odd appearance here an there. Wingers are inconsistent at the best of times.

Murphy and ojo on the wings and wilson in the middle. Play with some width and get some crosses into the box.

:thumbup:

Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:52 pm

Pack has been my player of season funny how we see things different. Pack has to play with a 3 midfield to work. I like him at the base of defensive midfield and he covers a lot of ground. Formation today didn't work until subs come on.

Bennett was man of match agree with that

Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:36 pm

I believe Pack has almost become the epitome of Harrisball. The slow considered passing is the differential to show he is not Warnock and this is his philosophy. The fact we are not very good at it is almost unimportant.

I agree to get the best out of Pack he needs to be in a 3 and that means we have to trust him as a DCM and really let the full backs go bombing forward, but he is not really that good to build your team around, well unless you are Neil Harris and desperate to prove you are a forward thinking young English manager playing "the right way".

Harris doesn't have the nonce for this level. Soccer Saturday with Jeff and the gang awaits him.

Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:41 am

Escott1927 wrote:Murphy needs a run in the team. People expect him to be at the top of his game when he gets an odd appearance here an there. Wingers are inconsistent at the best of times.

Sounds good in theory mate but I honestly don't think Murphey has got what it takes to be a consistent performer. I'd rather hoilet and Ojo personally!

Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:09 pm

nubbsy wrote:

Sounds good in theory mate but I honestly don't think Murphey has got what it takes to be a consistent performer. I'd rather hoilet and Ojo personally!

Wingers are generally inconsistent though. He scored more goals and had more assists than hoilet and NML last season and hoilet played more games than him as well. Hoilet looks well passed his best now. I think Murphy deserves a start on Wednesday purely for that assist yesterday. Great vision and linkup play with Moore.

Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:12 pm

Ok it seems quite a few agree with me that Pack in midfield is not the answer. He doesnt add much going forward and is not very athletic/ mobile.(personally I would not have him in the next matchday squad).
According to several threads on here, Neil Harris is under real pressure and the next game is very important. For me, I think Harris should get more time but things do need changing.
For the next game.....I would definitely find a place in the starting line up for Bacuna as a midfielder, and Murphy somewhere in the 11.
Bacuna is wasted at full back and is not particularly good in that position. Im not sure how Id change the defence to enable this?
I would put Glatzel on the bench. He is a likeable sort, but has never looked like going on a goal spree(!!). He is better for the last 20 mins as an option.

For me, our biggest problem is a sharper quicker midfield that links the defence and the attack more effectively.
As stated, I still support Harris but this will be a real test for him. He has stated that they are a good group / squad but that somehow they are not showing it on matchday. Well time to shuffle the pack a little Neil. What line up would you go for?