A forum for all things Cardiff City

He got to go

Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:36 pm

Enough is enough
Get him gone and someone new in now who will have time to work with a
Squad before January transfer window

Re: He got to go

Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:06 pm

Have to agree. Seen enough now to say we are going no where this season. 8 points off the play offs now.Its a shame as I like him but hes not getting any rhythm or cohesion in this team.

Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:10 pm

Have to agree he has to go now ........................ I cant take anymore I cannot bare to watch us , i have been a supporter for many years the Slade years were better and he didnt have the so called squad that Harris has ... please Tan do your job once and for all or feck off

Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:13 pm

EastleighBlue wrote:Have to agree. Seen enough now to say we are going no where this season. 8 points off the play offs now.Its a shame as I like him but hes not getting any rhythm or cohesion in this team.

Trouble is cannot see us winning more than 1 game at a time when in reality we need to win 3/4 games in a row to put us up in play offs! Just cannot see it so mid table looks most likely this season unless Harris as a brain storm and changes mentality of not wanting to lose game from start but to try win it from start! Played with glatzel & moore but may as well not bothered as rest team happy to play between halfway and opposition penalty area and no further.... :o

Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:20 pm

Great squad on paper but we’re let down by an incompetent manager. Get rid for Christ’s sake.

Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:23 pm

Not Harris fault that the midfield is slow..needed two quality midfielders and a left back. Harris wasn’t backed.

Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:24 pm

I agree

Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:27 pm

rumpo kid wrote:Not Harris fault that the midfield is slow..needed two quality midfielders and a left back. Harris wasn’t backed.

He did say he was happy with the squad and youngsters though...

Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:40 pm

He has to go and this evening, the performances are totally unaceptable.

We are leaking soft goals each and every game and leaving us a mountain to climb.

Put Sol in charge as a caretaker interim.

At least he has the respect of the players.

Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:41 pm

Time for a change....mentality isn’t right and that comes from the manger who doesn’t seem to be able to change it.
I haven’t been able to make up my mind on harris but today was just dreadful for first 75

Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:51 pm

I thought we were the better team today and deserved to win. Not Harris' fault Smithies inexplicably came off his line and got caught in no man's land to gift them a goal. Their keeper made 2 amazing saves from Wilson and Moore after we equalised and we also had one cleared off the line. A point at Millwall is never a bad result. Stop being unreasonable.

Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:05 pm

He is doing a good job keeping Cardiff out of bottom three.

Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:13 pm

Are some of us serious about getting rid of NH who at the moment who is available better than him out there now come on guys we have a younger manager who will get it right if he gets a few more players in hopefully Jan and let’s not have a swipe at him let’s give him some praise for a change. :occasion5: :bluebird:

Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:20 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:I thought we were the better team today and deserved to win. Not Harris' fault Smithies inexplicably came off his line and got caught in no man's land to gift them a goal. Their keeper made 2 amazing saves from Wilson and Moore after we equalised and we also had one cleared off the line. A point at Millwall is never a bad result. Stop being unreasonable.

Unreasonable?. Before we equalised we done nothing.

Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:24 pm

I'm starting to lose faith in Harris now for the first time, having tried to keep the faith in him.

If he goes though, who would come in and do a better job under the circumstances the club want the manager to operate under?

People go on about Bamba, but that's totally the wrong route to go down. When we gave Ole the job, he was the wrong appointment because he had limited experience. Bamba has zero experience, and should be looking for a job lower down the pyramid if he wants to be a manager.

We would need another experienced manager, and they don't always come cheap.

Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:29 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:I'm starting to lose faith in Harris now for the first time, having tried to keep the faith in him.

If he goes though, who would come in and do a better job under the circumstances the club want the manager to operate under?

People go on about Bamba, but that's totally the wrong route to go down. When we gave Ole the job, he was the wrong appointment because he had limited experience. Bamba has zero experience, and should be looking for a job lower down the pyramid if he wants to be a manager.

Experienced managers will now realise they may have to come cheap in these financially restricted times

Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:30 pm

skiprat wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:I thought we were the better team today and deserved to win. Not Harris' fault Smithies inexplicably came off his line and got caught in no man's land to gift them a goal. Their keeper made 2 amazing saves from Wilson and Moore after we equalised and we also had one cleared off the line. A point at Millwall is never a bad result. Stop being unreasonable.

Unreasonable?. Before we equalised we done nothing.

Also Millwall missed an absolute sitter at 1 0

Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:33 pm

rumpo kid wrote:Not Harris fault that the midfield is slow..needed two quality midfielders and a left back. Harris wasn’t backed.

£2.5 million on a international striker

Another £1 million for a back up goalkeeper

2 loan signings from LIVERPOOL including probably the most sought after playmaker in the league Harry Wilson and Sheyi Ojo. Both on big wages and cost loan fees

A loan signing of a £15 million Croatian international centre back from the premier League he has not played. Big wages and loan fee.

Another loan signing from ARSENAL who again will be on decent money and would have cost a large loan fee

We were the 5th highest spenders in the league

All whilst we have a pandemic with no fans allowed to attend and takings are massively down

How can you say he was not backed?
He didn't sign a midfielder and never actually spoke about one from my memory. He said himself he is very happy with the business in the window and we got our main targets.

He was backed very well on top of an already very talented and expensive squad

Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:35 pm

thomasblue wrote:

2 loan signings from LIVERPOOL including probably the most sought after playmaker in the league Harry Wilson and Sheyi Ojo. Both on big wages and cost loan fees

A loan signing of a £15 million Croatian international centre back from the premier League he has not played. Big wages and loan fee.

Another loan signing from ARSENAL who again will be on decent money and would have cost a large loan fee

All whilst we have a pandemic with no fans allowed to attend and takings are massively down

He didn't sign a midfielder and never actually spoke about one from my memory. He said himself he is very happy with the business in the window and we got our main targets.

Absolutely agree 100%. Everything is in place for a promotion charge...except for a cautious negative manager.

Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:39 pm

Whichever way you look at it, we still seem light years behind the jacks :sad7:

Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:43 pm

Big Hill Blue wrote:
thomasblue wrote:

Absolutely agree 100%. Everything is in place for a promotion charge...except for a cautious negative manager.

Exactly it's his squad he's happy with and we are not getting the results he needs to go

Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:43 pm

The job is just to big for him.

The spotlight in S Wales is far higher than the lowly backwaters of Cold Blow Lane.

Time to move him on.

Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:47 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:I'm starting to lose faith in Harris now for the first time, having tried to keep the faith in him.

There are loads of good managers out of work. It is up to our board to convince them this is a big viable job.

You have the normal names :

Nigel pearson
Eddie Howe
Sam allardyce
Mark Hughes

Or you could think outside of the box and try to convince a foreign coach to come here :

Roberto Di Matteo
Jurgen klinsmann
Clarence Seedorf

Sounds unlikely but other championship clubs have managed to attract them like Leeds with Bielsa

Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:51 pm

Is this a joke post ?

Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:56 pm

Manchester Taffy wrote:Are some of us serious about getting rid of NH who at the moment who is available better than him out there now come on guys we have a younger manager who will get it right if he gets a few more players in hopefully Jan and let’s not have a swipe at him let’s give him some praise for a change. :occasion5: :bluebird:

I don't think it's as much about the results as the performances. We have been dire all season except for 30 minutes here and there. We have not put in a good 90 minutes yet, and this is down to the manager, wrong selections, subs being made too late, and players too comfortable knowing they wont be dropped. Bit of a shambles at the moment.

Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:02 pm

been many many years when you could say a manager has not been backed.. this isnt one of them... an international striker...2 loans from Liverpool one who played in the prem last year , the other for Rangers, a CB that cost 15 million..a championship clubs player of the year and a full back from Arsenal...they were his choices..
a left back ?

Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:18 pm

If anyone thinks this is a promotion squad dream on, you’ve been Daley’d. The first team is short on quality in 3 positions, which means other players are carrying. Harris is happy with the squad because he has no choice other than to say that. We also have a chronic lack of pace throughout.

Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:34 pm

Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:13 pm
Are some of us serious about getting rid of NH who at the moment who is available better than him out there now come on guys we have a younger manager who will get it right if he gets a few more players in hopefully Jan and let’s not have a swipe at him let’s give him some praise for a change.

A few more players???????
He says we have a top 6 squad and is happy with his squad.
I for one have supported him until today but it was clear he doesn’t get the tactics/ team selection right .
Change before it’s too late

Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:43 pm

rumpo kid wrote:If anyone thinks this is a promotion squad dream on, you’ve been Daley’d. The first team is short on quality in 3 positions, which means other players are carrying. Harris is happy with the squad because he has no choice other than to say that. We also have a chronic lack of pace throughout.

We have the pace it's just not used couple times we've used pace going forward we've scored ! But mainly its play safe and keep passing sideways or backwards so we dont lose trouble is we make errors by bucketload and end up conceding 1st without ability to correct situation fully hence the large amount of draws since he's taken over? Not coincidence we draw more than anyone else in championship.

Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:50 pm

I can't see how Harris can make this team play any other way to start winning football matches.
The danger is we get another similar manager in that is no better.
Recruitment is important and needs to be planned,he was given the job to quickly after Warnock like a knee jerk reaction.
Twice recently in the Premier league, it's a decent job to have for sure.
It has to be done properly with a plan in mind and not just a quick fix with another run of the mill manager with more of the same.