NEIL HARRIS DEMANDS CARDIFF TO START WINNING

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:40 pm

Neil Harris has said Cardiff City must find their clinical edge and start winning games of football after yet another draw against Millwall turned up the pressure another notch.

The Bluebirds were their own worst enemy once again at The Den, with Alex Smithies and Curtis Nelson allowing Matt Smith to nod home the game's opener far too easily, giving the visitors an uphill battle to come away with anything from the game.

It has been a far too familiar story this season and is the primary reason Cardiff find themselves battling in 15th place in the Championship table.

But, with a dozen games now under the belt and only three wins on the board, Harris has said Cardiff must start their winning streak now, with a trip to Coventry City on its way in midweek.

NEIL HARRIS:

"It's another game without a win and we want to win games of football," Harris said.

"I don't just look at today, I look at breaking down four games and what is coming this week. I just said to the boys that becomes a really good point if we follow it up with a really good performance and more importantly three points on Wednesday at Coventry.

"We moved the ball well, created some chances in the second half, but we gave ourselves a mountain to climb with a poor goal.

"In the Championship you have to deny people opportunities and if that game is 0-0 at 60 minutes or 70 minutes I think we go on and win that.

"We have to start winning games of football, that goes without me having to say that."

Few can deny that the Bluebirds' squad list suggests they should be far higher than 15th in the Championship table, but as the old cliché goes, the game is not played on paper.

And Harris has said the winning mentality, which he says is so clear to see on the training ground, must now start to translate into performances on the pitch and, importantly, winning matches.

NEIL HARRIS:

"We have done research over the last few weeks, based on expected goals and chances created, conceded, every stat going we are in the top six - apart from the points total," he added.

"Ultimately, that's what matters. I'm not one to hide behind stats.

"I can see a lot of good in what we do, but is that winning mentality really there? I've seen it on the training pitch the last 10 days, a massive shift in winning mentality. That has to translate to a Saturday afternoon.

"Did I see it this afternoon? I did in the second half. But it's fine looking like a good team on paper, but we need to win games of football."

That simply has to start at the Ricoh Arena this Wednesday before the Bluebirds lose too much ground on those teams above them in the table.
Attachments
FB57AE22-2B2D-491D-AF1F-E5CCCDD8A3C2.jpeg
FB57AE22-2B2D-491D-AF1F-E5CCCDD8A3C2.jpeg (64.57 KiB) Viewed 1790 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: NEIL HARRIS DEMANDS CARDIFF TO START WINNING

Postby Big Hill Blue » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:56 pm

No sh't Sherlock. Fair play he talks the talk.

Mediocre aint gonna cut it Neil.
Big Hill Blue

Postby billy ronson » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:02 pm

He has also said Glaziel is a top finisher ?... as Annis would say ...hmmmm. What’s that 17 games without a goal?

We start games far too negatively generally and always seem to concede a soft goal then decide to up the tempo 2nd half hoping we are still in the game.
I'm free to be
Whatever I, whatever I choose
And I'll sing the blues if I want
billy ronson

Postby cardiff 74 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:18 pm

Neil harries demands Cardiff to start winning well I demand Neil harries to get them to start winning
cardiff 74

Postby barriboy » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:11 pm

That simply has to start at the Ricoh Arena this Wednesday before the Bluebirds lose too much ground on those teams above them in the table.

We’re in the shite if he sends them to the Ricoh Arena, Wasps will hammer them.
barriboy

Postby llan bluebird » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:37 pm

Dopey Dick its not parks football, you don't wait in the car park and see who has turned up, pick 11, get the subs and pay the parks & ref then organise the kit to be washed.
Its your job to send out a capable of winning. Glatzel will never score goals as a starter, pack slows the game so much the opposition are just simply waiting to see what wonders we do to them when they have 11 players organised behind the ball. The answer is nothing. We don't score from the patient build up, we score from set plays and the occasional breakaway.
llan bluebird

Postby piledriver64 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:37 pm

barriboy wrote:That simply has to start at the Ricoh Arena this Wednesday before the Bluebirds lose too much ground on those teams above them in the table.

I agree, he has a starting eleven that Warnock would have dreamed of. It was time for Warnock to go but no way would he have let this team under perform like they are.

Harris is on thin ice. But I do agree with him that if we win the next two then today could be classed as a good point.
piledriver64

Postby bowler2177 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:39 pm

I thought Coventry playes in Birmingham at the moment not the rioch⅘
bowler2177

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:44 pm

bowler2177 wrote:I thought Coventry playes in Birmingham at the moment not the rioch⅘

They do "st andrews" :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:46 pm

barriboy wrote:That simply has to start at the Ricoh Arena this Wednesday before the Bluebirds lose too much ground on those teams above them in the table.

Ps they play at st Andrew's home of brum :mrgreen: :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby skidemin » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:07 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

Ps they play at st Andrew's home of brum :mrgreen: :thumbup:

i think his first sentence is from the article Allan...

and the second..where he says Wasps who are a rugby team who do play at the Ricoh was sarcasm....
skidemin

Return to General Chat