The result is forgotten about because....

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Barclay1 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:58 am

If we had decent home form, this result and performance away at a side who, have lately, been regarded as a decent top half championship side, would be seen as encouraging and another point gained.

Indeed we played fairly decent, could have easily won it at the end, although their goal was a gift to even the basic of amateur teams.

There are, however, still moans and groans, and downbeat comments (yes I criticise, and complain I know) and I believe this simply shows the feeling around the club,the players fans and owners.

The point at the moment is the club are on a downer and nothing more than a 3-0 victory every game will lift the gloom. Victories like that will be few are far between this year, and so, I believe the gloom will remain until there are major changes at whatever level.

From the outside yesterday, a good point and performance, but it's hidden due to the general feeling around the club.
1st Game 24th Nov 1973 City v Bolton 1-0 (Gil Reece)
Barclay1

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: The result is forgotten about because....

Postby 103 Barmy Army » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:58 pm

I was thinking something similar. A draw away to Millwall isn’t normally a bad result, but unfortunately because we are playing catch up on league points, we are going to have to alter expectations of certain games and grind out a win. For me, Millwall away is in that bracket.

Having said that, my general mood isn’t one of doom and gloom as I’m still hopeful we can salvage the season with the quality in our squad. This optimism is slowly diminishing and by Christmas I could be outside the CCS with a pitchfork, lockdown permitting. :lol:
103 Barmy Army

Postby Crayfish » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:37 pm

I think the mood is gloomy because we expected better at the start of the season and with the players we have we should be getting better than this. The football is much duller than it should be too. It has all the hallmarks of a Russell Slade season no chance of being relegated but no chance of the playoffs either.

I have defended Harris in the past I think his record at Millwall was good and he was good for us last season but he is a dull caution first type of manager completely unadventurous in his team selections and subsistutions. For instance when Hoilett is underperforming he should bring on Murphy much more quickly same with Pack. If Mark Harris is good enough to get a contract with us why does he never play even as a subsistute.

See for the second match in succession Sang was an unused subsistute at Cheltenham. Bit worrying that one of our best youth team prospects can't get in a league on side. No doubt Leicester fans are wondering why there fifteen million pound centre back can't get in our very modest championship side.
Crayfish

Postby BarryWelsh88 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:44 pm

Benkovic and Morrison needs to be tried as Nelson for me is too clumsy and his passing is awful.

Kieffer Moore misses too many chances believe it or not we do create opportunities but he needs a hatful to put away one.

The players are within this team to do damage but we just don't have the right manager to find that blend.

As for the result - I'm afraid when you lose/draw nearly all your home games you have to make up for that away from home. Unfortunately yesterday did not make up for our terrible form of late (oh wait we beat Barnsley forgot I'm still meant to be celebrating that one).

Neil Harris is all talk and so far lack of action as far as im concerned.
BarryWelsh88

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:06 pm

The OP's point basically comes down to each result has to be put into perspective. I remember in 2012/13 season we were top of the league had a record run in home wins but that came to an end when bottom side Peterborough beat us 2-1 at CCS.

Of course no-one liked losing but most fans put it down to 'a bad day at the office'

The perspective of an away draw at Millwall would normally be a good result.

However, most of us now think it's a poor result due to giving away a cheap goal and being 15/16th in the league due to a run of dire performances.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby worcester_ccfc » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:11 pm

Very good post by the OP.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby bluesince62 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:50 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Very good post by the OP.

I'll second that :happy1: :happy1: :old: :bluebird:
bluesince62

Return to General Chat