Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Wilson vs Tomlin : // To me Wilson

Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:00 pm

Wilson vs Tomlin : //

To me Wilson is easily our best player.

As much as possible our mid-field and attack should be built around him by utilizing him in his most effective position . // His best position is number 10 free behind Moore .... to do what he likes. //

If Tomlin is fit ....while we can play both.... I believe that playing one of them wide will mean us losing our shape and whoever of them we play wide will not be as effective. //

If you agree with this view then we are left with one choice - Wilson or Tomlin ? // What a pity if we have to choose ... But to me Wilson every time. // However some may think that we can play both. //

Opinions please.

Re: Wilson vs Tomlin : // To me Wilson

Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:09 pm

I agree.

Some think that Wilson should be played wide and Tomlin in the number ten role, but I think that's a waste of Wilson.

Wilson is easily our best attacking player, and better than Tomlin.

Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:38 pm

I very much doubt we'll ever get a fully match fit Tomlin, I doubt we'll see them both on the same pitch.

If you are Harris you build the team around getting the most of of Wilson, so it has to be 10/second striker.

Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:53 pm

Harry oozes quality compared to the rest of the squad.
Tomlin is a great player but unfortunately is often injured.

Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:59 pm

Wilson will give you 90 minutes and sadly Tomlin will never give us that and to be honest never did since we signed him as much as Tomlin is special and he is on his day I dont think we will see much of him this season or after that to be honest

This season we need Wilson and he needs us for his welsh selection so a number 10 role for him all day long

Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:27 pm

Harry Wilson all day long Tomlin is a star Harry above that

Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:32 pm

Coventry can't defend ! Not even to save their lives. If we dom't score I'll eat my hat !!!

Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:49 pm

Tomlin is out for 3 months if it's an hernia op.
Only a clown would start yesterday's game with Gazial and Moore.
I argee Wilson should be in the no 10 role.

Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:06 pm

The old Christmas tree formation is the only way to play them both in there strongest positions

Have them both buzzing around in a free role behind Moore and sit 3 midfielders behind. The problem with that formationnis you lose all width unless you have a very good defensive midfielder like Gunnarsson to sit and allow the others to overlap the playmakers.

I cant see Harris being that adventurous so it will be very unlikely we will see both on the pitch

Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:06 am

Tomlin is a more inventive player than Wilson and I think a better finisher. But Wilson is going to be a premiership international. Far more mature now at an young age, no silly behaviour. Shame about Tomlins fitness not his fault but his behaviour lets him down. The real shame is we'll never see them both playing 90 mins for city.

Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:27 pm

ManInBlack wrote:Tomlin is a more inventive player than Wilson and I think a better finisher. But Wilson is going to be a premiership international. Far more mature now at an young age, no silly behaviour. Shame about Tomlins fitness not his fault but his behaviour lets him down. The real shame is we'll never see them both playing 90 mins for city.

I wouldn't argue against Tomlin being more inventive but Wilson's record as a finisher even at his current young age, is way ahead of Tomlin.

Wilson is a goal threat and the sooner Harris realises that the sooner he may save our season and, possibly, his job.

When you have a £12m+ player on your hands you base your team around him. Tomlin is never fit enough for long enough to even consider that approach for him.

Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:00 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
ManInBlack wrote:Tomlin is a more inventive player than Wilson and I think a better finisher. But Wilson is going to be a premiership international. Far more mature now at an young age, no silly behaviour. Shame about Tomlins fitness not his fault but his behaviour lets him down. The real shame is we'll never see them both playing 90 mins for city.

I wouldn't argue against Tomlin being more inventive but Wilson's record as a finisher even at his current young age, is way ahead of Tomlin.

Wilson is a goal threat and the sooner Harris realises that the sooner he may save our season and, possibly, his job.

When you have a £12m+ player on your hands you base your team around him. Tomlin is never fit enough for long enough to even consider that approach for him.

Didnt need 90mins every game though to be our top goal scorer and have the most assists. Wilson is a better all round player and his strongest position is in the no.10 role but he's still a good winger. Personally , I'd play them both when fit. Tomlin in the no.10 position and wilson on the wing. After 60mins bring Tomlim off and shift wilson into the middle with a fresh winger coming on.

Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:25 pm

valleyrambill wrote:Wilson will give you 90 minutes and sadly Tomlin will never give us that and to be honest never did since we signed him as much as Tomlin is special and he is on his day I dont think we will see much of him this season or after that to be honest

This season we need Wilson and he needs us for his welsh selection so a number 10 role for him all day long

Tomlin played 36 times last season,so when fit,he can do it,lets hope he has the motivation to come back fitter than ever.

Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:47 pm

Tomlin as a bit part player is extremely effective with 9 assists last season, way more than any other player(think Bennett was next with 5, then Flint with 4). A way should be found to accomodate both, with Wilson needing to be rested once in a while..

On assists, Adomah had 3 in 9, Ralls and Pack 3 each in 28 or there abouts..