Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: He got to go

Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:56 pm

Didn't watch the game but sounds like the same old story - go behind to a sloppy goal and chase the game playing with no width and not playing to the strengths of our striker.

I understand we are in a period of transition but we keep making basic erros that are costing us a lot of points and Harris doesn't seem to be making changes to address it. What was the point in signing benkovic if he's not going to play even when our defence is leaking goals? If it was purley for backup id of preferred we signed someone else and used bamba as backup. We Bought a decent target man but we are not willing to put crosses into the box for him.

I think rescuing a draw is just delaying the inevitable now.

Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:42 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:I thought we were the better team today and deserved to win. Not Harris' fault Smithies inexplicably came off his line and got caught in no man's land to gift them a goal. Their keeper made 2 amazing saves from Wilson and Moore after we equalised and we also had one cleared off the line. A point at Millwall is never a bad result. Stop being unreasonable.

There's not the 'quality' throughout the squad that others claim. Bacuna, Nelson, Glatzel, all 3 would struggle to get into any other Championship side - Hoilett on recent form, too. We played OK, and probably deserved a win. Let's see where we are in the New Year - if we're in the top half, I think we could make a late push with a couple of loanees.

Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:46 pm

Escott1927 wrote:Didn't watch the game but sounds like the same old story - go behind to a sloppy goal and chase the game playing with no width and not playing to the strengths of our striker.

I understand we are in a period of transition but we keep making basic erros that are costing us a lot of points and Harris doesn't seem to be making changes to address it. What was the point in signing benkovic if he's not going to play even when our defence is leaking goals? If it was purley for backup id of preferred we signed someone else and used bamba as backup. We Bought a decent target man but we are not willing to put crosses into the box for him.

A period of transition?

Harris been here 12 months

Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:31 pm

Sadly another deluded individual. Sorry to say this. Most teams in this league struggle to beat Millwall at the den and Cardiff are no different. OK 1st half and in the 2nd things picked up in terms of the energy and pace in the team with the likes of Wilson and Moore working great together in attack alongside others like Bennett. So a well deserved point away against a tricky opponent. Overall the team did great to finish fighting but we could off nicked a goal or 2 near the end. Smithies at fault for the 1st goal. Great finish from Moore with 2 other defenders alongside him. So I say a well earned point away for us onto Coventry.

Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:56 pm

Mighty Millwall, little ole Cardiff....... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:45 pm

Big Hill Blue wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:Didn't watch the game but sounds like the same old story - go behind to a sloppy goal and chase the game playing with no width and not playing to the strengths of our striker.

A period of transition?

Harris been here 12 months

Not sure if you've noticed but we no longer play 'hoof it as far as possible and hope to win the second ball' tactics anymore this season and we have offloaded high earners ready for next season with no parachute payments. So yea, we are currently in a period of transition .

Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:48 am

I keep going back and forth on this. He did a good job last year but this year is just not clicking at all. We are massively underachieving. Also other championship clubs are changing managers, hughton and pulis already gone. If someone else sacks their manager and takes Pearson or even paul Cook then we are left with fewer options. I think we are now in massive danger of being completely cut adrift from top 6. If we lose to cov on Wednesday I’d expect to see bamba in temporary charge by Saturday

Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:29 am

If we played the whole game like after we scored i would be happy we peppered there goal it all changed when ojo and murphy came on and we went for it
the guys to defensive most of the time and is holding us back the way we could play
it was all there to see last 20 mins so i agree about we need a more attack minded manager.

Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:28 am

There is absolutely no point in changing the manager at this time. Out of the 24 teams in the Championship there are probably 20 teams who are capable of making the top 6 (of which we are 1). And at more than half of those teams the “supporters” think they need a new manager.

The form of the team is disappointing, but a new manager is not a quick fix.

Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:35 am

warnocksbarmyarmy wrote:I keep going back and forth on this. He did a good job last year but this year is just not clicking at all. We are massively underachieving. Also other championship clubs are changing managers, hughton and pulis already gone. If someone else sacks their manager and takes Pearson or even paul Cook then we are left with fewer options. I think we are now in massive danger of being completely cut adrift from top 6. If we lose to cov on Wednesday I’d expect to see bamba in temporary charge by Saturday

The trouble with your quote is that all of the managers you have mentioned have inconsistent records and have been regularly sacked. ( although most managers fall into that category these days) I don’t see any manager out there who is better than what we have.

Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:50 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:I thought we were the better team today and deserved to win. Not Harris' fault Smithies inexplicably came off his line and got caught in no man's land to gift them a goal. Their keeper made 2 amazing saves from Wilson and Moore after we equalised and we also had one cleared off the line. A point at Millwall is never a bad result. Stop being unreasonable.

mistakes happen...but you then have to make up for them , and we dont...
a point at Millwall with crowds in and a fortress at home youd be correct... but thats not the case , and we have dropped far to many points to be now looking at a point at the Den as being decent...

Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:54 pm

Trouble is Harris speaks the manual. It ain't good enough. He talks the talk and that isn't good enough as he fails to improve on the drivel he spouts.

Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:49 pm

Wednesday's game is massive 3pts is a must over to you Neil BLOOBIRDS