Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BREAKING: “ VINCENT TAN / 4 WEEKS “

Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:37 pm

4 weeks to make CCFC debt free to keep his promise from 5 years ago that he made on February 11th 2016. Debt free within 5 years he said.

When Tan arrived City were about £58mill in debt 11 yrs ago / Over £400 mill City have received from two promotions alone and Tan rose the City debt to about £200mill / it now stands at about £80mill.
After a despicable rebrand / City now are struggling in the Championship/ out of all cups / u23’s miserable / u18’s disastrous and a manager Neil Harris well ?

What was said 5 yrs ago.
https://www.itv.com/news/wales/update/2 ... ue-shares/

Not my promise or anyone else

VINCENT TAN:

“I will make Cardiff City debt free with in five years and when I leave the club will be in a better position than when I took it over.”

ITV Wales

Vincent Tan to 'write-off' Cardiff's debt and issue shares

Cardiff City chairman Vincent Tan tells ITV Cymru Wales he'll write-off the club's debts and issue shares.

11 February 2016 at 3:29pm

Vincent Tan leaves Cardiff City debt free by 2021

Cardiff City chairman Vincent Tan has told ITV Cymru Wales he'll write-off the club's debts over the next five years by turning most of his debt into shares.

Cardiff City will be debt free by 2021 after billionaire owner Vincent Tan confirmed he will turn over £100m worth of money owed to him into shares or write-offs.

Tan, who announced the move to supporters during a visit to the capital this week, has written off £10m already over the past two months but confirmed he will imminently turn a further £68m of debt into equity to help ease the club’s financial issues.

The remaining £40m of debt will be turned into equity over the next five years at a rate of £8m a year.

It’s understood the move will almost certainly help Cardiff out of the transfer embargo imposed on them by the Football League for breaching Financial Fairplay rules, in part due to the loss of income due to their relegation from the Premier League in 2014.

'We're going to convert 68 million of the debt owing to me to equity' Tan told ITV News.

'That will leave about over 40 million. And that 40 million is necessary to leave there just to deal with down the road to help the Financial Fair Play rules.

"So, at least this goes to show that what we said we would do one day we do."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: BREAKING: “ VINCENT TAN / 4 WEEKS “

Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:38 pm

Your joking are you not, Tan don’t give a f**k about Cardiff City

Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:48 pm

I remember him saying it.

100% right with what you say Annis, the five year deadline he gave himself is next month.

Time will tell whether he follows through on it, but I highly doubt it.

He says things to try and please the fans, but doesn't deliver on it.

Like when he, Dalman, Choo all say they want to do whatever possible to take the club back to the Premier League... But give the manager hardly any money to spend, and it will be no different with the next manager.

When he finally sells the club, and I can't wait until he does, I will be shocked if we're not still in a lot of debt.

Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:57 pm

I think VT should make a statement as to what his intentions are, fans need to know what's going on at OUR CLUB

Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:01 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:I remember him saying it.

100% right with what you say Annis, the five year deadline he gave himself is next month.

Time will tell whether he follows through on it, but I highly doubt it.

He says things to try and please the fans, but doesn't deliver on it.

Like when he, Dalman, Choo all say they want to do whatever possible to take the club back to the Premier League... But give the manager hardly any money to spend, and it will be no different with the next manager.

When he finally sells the club, and I can't wait until he does, I will be shocked if we're not still in a lot of debt.

Be careful what you wish for' Bolton Wigan
Last edited by stickywicket on Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:01 pm

I also remember him saying that. So being debt free is not realistic now I gather he will keep to his promise of when he leaves the club we will be debt free ? So I gather he will remain for the forceable future !! Until we are debt free.
But all I have seen is the same mistakes being made with managers Warnock aside and the signings and wages for bog standard players. But Tan hasn’t got the best of records when it comes to honesty when CCFC is involved.
But on the flip side I have thought since the rebrand I think better the devil you know. We could end up with a Oysten or the chicken Farmers. There are better chairman out there yes but there is an awful lot worse.

Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:11 pm

Warnock aside?

Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:15 pm

Big Hill Blue wrote:Warnock aside?

Warnock brought in nearly £200 mill through promotion :thumbright: :bluebird:

Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:28 pm

Money in- £400 million

Money out
Transfers - £200 million
Wages - £180 million
Agent fees - Multi millions
Running costs of the club - millions
Court cases and outstanding debts from former owners - multi millions

The money doesn't go very far in reality , just chucking out a £400 million figure without context is just a way of making the finances look bad

Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:32 pm

thomasblue wrote:Money in- £400 million

Money out
Transfers - £200 million
Wages - £180 million
Agent fees - Multi millions
Running costs of the club - millions
Court cases and outstanding debts from former owners - multi millions

The money doesn't go very far in reality , just chucking out a £400 million figure without context is just a way of making the finances look bad

That £4000 mill did not include sponsors / merchandise and season ticket monies etc etc that came in :thumbright:

Plus wasted £millions on

Despicable rebrand

Lost cases to or paid off

DJ

Riddler

Langston

Ole

6 CEO’S

10 managers

Moore cases to come as well

Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:32 pm

He’s 100% kept the second part. That’s nailed on. Only a moron would disagree.

Regarding ‘debt-free’, I’d ask the OP, as a successful businessman, is it reasonable to insist on a debt free balance knowing that all successful business people entertain and lever debt for the benefit of ambition and opportunity? It’s certainly not bad debt.

Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:35 pm

Dazzy wrote:He’s 100% kept the second part. That’s nailed on. Only a moron would disagree.

Regarding ‘debt-free’, I’d ask the OP, as a successful businessman, is it reasonable to insist on a debt free balance knowing that all successful business people entertain and lever debt for the benefit of ambition and opportunity? It’s certainly not bad debt.

I am only stating what was said 5yrs ago and that’s up to fans to decide .

Also every two yrs we seem to have new plans.

So Much promises and where are we now?

Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:44 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Yes but he wasted it on crap players and bonus’s and Premier League wages for him and his staff and players!

Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:45 pm

A timely reminder, if ever there was one... :thumbup: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

pengamblue wrote:I think VT should make a statement as to what his intentions are, fans need to know what's going on at OUR CLUB

Unfortunately. I think it isn’t ours it’s tans. But I all for owning it. What you think?

Instead of bitching and crying can we pull together and get our club back?
I wouldn’t know where to start but appears there’s loads of us here that are experts and can do a better job.

Who’s up for it?

HarriRhys22 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Yes but he wasted it on crap players and bonus’s and Premier League wages for him and his staff and players!

He spent £50mill quarter of what he brought in and all sanctioned by the famous Committee a fact.

Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:47 pm

Your twisting the main point and the facts are here

VINCENT TAN:

“I will make Cardiff City debt free with in five years.”

Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:10 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
HarriRhys22 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

He spent £50mill quarter of what he brought in and all sanctioned by the famous Committee a fact.

Reported fees :

Murphy £11 million
Reid £11 million
Glatzel £5.5 million
Madine £6 million
Cunningham £4 million
Smithies £4 million
Bacuna £4 million
Flint £6 million
Tomlin £3.5 million
Bogle £1 million
Vaulks £2.5 million
Pack £1.5 million
Whyte £2 million
Patterson £500k
Vassell £3 million

Thats £65 million without all the little extra fees we paid like Danny ward.

Add i think it was £9 million in agent fees on the accounts if I remember correctly.

Plus loan fees and big wages to loan players which we can round off to £10 mill easily .

Camarasa
Arter
Grujic
Niasse

Wages in the premier league season alone were £45 million

Add the wages for the other two seasons he was here at a average of £25 million per season

We are already coming up north of £150 million spent by Warnock on transfers and wages with everything included.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:17 pm

thomasblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
HarriRhys22 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Reported fees :

Murphy £11 million
Reid £11 million
Glatzel £5.5 million
Madine £6 million
Cunningham £4 million
Smithies £4 million
Bacuna £4 million
Flint £6 million
Tomlin £3.5 million
Bogle £1 million
Vaulks £2.5 million
Pack £1.5 million
Whyte £2 million
Patterson £500k
Vassell £3 million

Add i think it was £9 million in agent fees on the accounts if I remember correctly.

Plus loan fees and big wages to loan players which we can round off to £10 mill easily .

Camarasa
Arter
Grujic
Niasse

Add the wages for the other two seasons he was here at a average of £25 million per season

We are already coming up north of £150 million spent by Warnock on transfers and wages with everything included.

As you know figures are truly exaggerated Thomas.
But many were sold on etc

But Remember this all sanctioned by the committee and apparently as you know were well and truly scrutinised by them all.

Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:20 pm

The anti Tan bus is doing a proper tour this weekend isnt it?

Not many passengers but plenty of baggage.

Whatever the 5 year plan was, I'm sure it didn't account for a global pandemic or the unfortunate loss of a player that may have changed our fortunes.

Debt free or not, the debt is definitely reducing every year so i as one supporter am happy with that.

Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:24 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
HarriRhys22 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Reported fees :

Murphy £11 million
Reid £11 million
Glatzel £5.5 million
Madine £6 million
Cunningham £4 million
Smithies £4 million
Bacuna £4 million
Flint £6 million
Tomlin £3.5 million
Bogle £1 million
Vaulks £2.5 million
Pack £1.5 million
Whyte £2 million
Patterson £500k
Vassell £3 million

Camarasa
Arter
Grujic
Niasse

As you know figures are truly exaggerated Thomas.
But many were sold on etc

But Remember this all sanctioned by the committee and apparently as you know were well and truly scrutinised by them all.

I agree but warnock spent a lot of money whilst he was here and seen lot of it has turned out a bad investment. The player performing and being good enough is down to the manager , getting them at the right price is fown to the others.

If Warnock said Murphy was worth £11 million then the board would have believed him and set the fees accordingly. If he said he's only worth £3 million then we would have offered less.

Warnock has to take some if not most of the blame

Then again maybe the board are to blame for putting faith in a football man . Interesting point .

Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:38 pm

Mr Shed wrote:The anti Tan bus is doing a proper tour this weekend isnt it?

Whatever the 5 year plan was, I'm sure it didn't account for a global pandemic or the unfortunate loss of a player that may have changed our fortunes.

Debt free or not, the debt is definitely reducing every year so i as one supporter am happy with that.

Agree with this, I wouldn't expect it during a Pandemic no way could tan have foreseen that and the clubs income greatly reduced

Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:44 pm

darran1927 wrote:

Agree with this, I wouldn't expect it during a Pandemic no way could tan have foreseen that and the clubs income greatly reduced

I’m surprised he hasn’t been blamed for the pandemic.

Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:46 pm

Bigmarkw wrote:
darran1927 wrote:

Well it did come from Ch......

Nah I’m not going there.

Although I do seem to remember him being referred to in a derogatory manner and a reference to China on one of the Facebook groups once.

Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:49 pm

Bigmarkw wrote:
darran1927 wrote:

I think he has at some point

Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:55 pm

thomasblue wrote:
Bigmarkw wrote:
darran1927 wrote:

Come on mate. You can’t make stuff up. That hasn’t happened.

Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:59 pm

Tan is not as wealthy as once he was because of the economic circumstances caused by the pandemic worldwide. This can be seen from googling him and his businesses and clearly isn’t his fault. This could be a valid reason for him not clearing our debt by next month.

On a different matter, I’m sure like many others on here that he is a thoroughly nasty despot/dictator who insists on his demands being precisely followed. He probably does not accept anything else from his minions.

Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:00 pm

Yep two major issues with the OP.

1. Not sure if you’ve noticed but there’s a global pandemic going on that has wrecked the global economy that nobody, other than the drugs companies !, has done well out of. So any economic plans from 5 years ago are, frankly, knackered !!

2. And probably more importantly, so what if Tan doesn’t deliver on what he promised what’s the alternative? Without Tan pumping millions in per month we get a transfer embargo or, worse, administration. The Tan haters need to get into their heads that there are no rich investors queuing up to buy us right now !! What do you want ? Force Tan out and then what ?

These posts are tiresome and pointless. Tan made a massive mistake in changing our colours. We are now back in blue and our club is financially stable yet some would rather go back to the winding up/embargo days of Hammam and Ridsdale !! I must be thick because I just can’t see any logic in that argument.

Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:02 pm

Ridsdale one Wembley trip for a cup final.

Tan one Wembley trip for a cup final.

Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:22 pm

Doyley1927 wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
Bigmarkw wrote:
darran1927 wrote:

Come on mate. You can’t make stuff up. That hasn’t happened.

It was of course a joke .
I should have said he "probably" has been blamed