Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

So it's now a guessing game as to the new manager?

Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:47 am

Assuming the board DO sack Harris.

A few will be in the know and have an idea of course, but there's been talk of a person everyone would love, but then talk that 2 of 3 fans favourites aren't in the mix?

It's the most Cardiff City excitement I've had this season, but I do think the new manager will come from the names already mentioned on this board. If so it's one of;

Howe
Pearson
Bellamy
Nathan Jones
Paul Cook
Gareth Ainsworth
Pulis
Mark Bowen
Mike Flynn
Sol Bamba

If it's outside of these, would I be surprised? Not really. It could be an unknown from the continent.

One thing the fans won't stand for us an appointment by Tan on a whim.

Re: So it's now a guessing game as to the new manager?

Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:03 pm

I've heard we've approached both Splott Albion and Ely Rangers to speak to their managers but we're unwilling to pay the compensation for either.

Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:38 pm

Barclay1 wrote:Assuming the board DO sack Harris.

A few will be in the know and have an idea of course, but there's been talk of a person everyone would love, but then talk that 2 of 3 fans favourites aren't in the mix?

It's the most Cardiff City excitement I've had this season, but I do think the new manager will come from the names already mentioned on this board. If so it's one of;

Howe
Pearson
Bellamy
Nathan Jones
Paul Cook
Gareth Ainsworth

Pulis
Mark Bowen
Mike Flynn
Sol Bamba

If it's outside of these, would I be surprised? Not really. It could be an unknown from the continent.

I’d be surprised if it’s any of the first four named. Cook’s name stands out, Pulls I’m not sure on. Mark Bowen’s name has been mentioned in the press recently,,, Mike Flynn I’m not sure about, and as for Sol, he needs to ply his managerial credentials in the lower leagues first for experience, I think it would be a massive risk appointment at the moment, although he does have some obvious qualities and experiences at our club.

Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:49 pm

Howe
Pearson
Bellamy
Nathan Jones
Paul Cook
Gareth Ainsworth
Pulis
Mark Bowen
Mike Flynn
Sol Bamba

You missed out Ryan Giggs, as if he is found guilty my opinion is he will be, and I feel he knows that, then Wales will sack him, I would not mind Giggs as long as he brings his assistant Albert Stuivenberg with him or Osian Roberts

Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:54 pm

Pearson for me to give some highly paid prima Donna's a kick up their lazy backsides !!!!

PS, And yes, I hope you the players ( I use that term loosely ) are reading this.

I can't be doing with losing to those scabby bastards. :twisted:

Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:19 pm

If we are aiming for the Premier then apart from Pearson I cannot see any of the names of the list actually being a Prem manager.

Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:24 pm

It will be a Mark but not Bowen in my opinion

Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:29 pm

Igovernor wrote:

Howe
Pearson
Bellamy
Nathan Jones
Paul Cook
Gareth Ainsworth
Pulis
Mark Bowen
Mike Flynn
Sol Bamba

You missed out Ryan Giggs, as if he is found guilty my opinion is he will be, and I feel he knows that, then Wales will sack him, I would not mind Giggs as long as he brings his assistant Albert Stuivenberg with him or Osian Roberts

And you would be okay with this if he was found guilty of assaulting a woman?

Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:30 pm

Twas mentioned on this board before that MH was in the running with Harris last Nov, but was turned down because he wanted money to spend.

Can't tell you if that was true or not?

Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:36 pm

thomasblue wrote:It will be a Mark but not Bowen in my opinion

Mark?

Wahlberg
Spitz
Addy
Bolan
Knopfler
Anthony
Strong
Zuckerberg
Ruffalo
Almond
Twain
Ronson

Err...

Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:33 pm

Big Hill Blue wrote:

Mark?

Wahlberg
Spitz
Addy
Bolan
Knopfler
Anthony
Strong
Zuckerberg
Ruffalo
Almond
Twain
Ronson

Err...

Hudson
Mywords
SandSpencers

Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:34 pm

davids wrote:
Big Hill Blue wrote:

Mark?

Wahlberg
Spitz
Addy
Bolan
Knopfler
Anthony
Strong
Zuckerberg
Ruffalo
Almond
Twain
Ronson

Err...

Hudson
Mywords
SandSpencers

Sand-Spencers

Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:58 pm

Harris, quite rightly, will still be here until at least the end of the season

Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:07 pm

bluebird58 wrote:Harris, quite rightly, will still be here until at least the end of the season

That's the end of that, then...

Except it's not, as it's not quite reflecting on what is happening behind the scenes right now! ;)

Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:09 pm

I’ve seen Pearson’s name mentioned time and time again.
He’s got long covid and Heart condition so I would scrub him off the list by the sound of his interview with Sky.

Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:11 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:
Igovernor wrote:

Howe
Pearson
Bellamy
Nathan Jones
Paul Cook
Gareth Ainsworth
Pulis
Mark Bowen
Mike Flynn
Sol Bamba

And you would be okay with this if he was found guilty of assaulting a woman?

NO

Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:09 pm

Sven wrote:
bluebird58 wrote:Harris, quite rightly, will still be here until at least the end of the season

Except it's not, as it's not quite reflecting on what is happening behind the scenes right now! ;)

It’s just the people on here who say they are ITK when I suspect they are just guessing like the rest of us. Unless we start seriously heading for relegation, I think Harris will still be here at the end of the season

Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:38 pm

I am ITK.

Even though I have a clue what ITK is

Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:19 pm

Mike Flynn to be fair has his team working hard and not wanting to be beaten.

Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:26 pm

Still Here ....

Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:39 am

davids wrote:
Big Hill Blue wrote:

Mark?

Wahlberg
Spitz
Addy
Bolan
Knopfler
Anthony
Strong
Zuckerberg
Ruffalo
Almond
Twain
Ronson

Err...

Hudson
Mywords
SandSpencers

:laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:52 am

Big Russ is on his way back :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:07 am

Listened to Mike Flynn speak on five live before their match last night and was very impressed. He has made lots of contacts whilst doing his badges, has been to Benfica and Liverpool to watch their training methods and has certainly turned his side from a long ball outfit to playing on the floor (something our manager seems to have failed miserably at). Is he ready for the championship? I'm not sure, could he be worse than we have I don't think so.

Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:27 pm

bluebird58 wrote:
Sven wrote:

It’s just the people on here who say they are ITK when I suspect they are just guessing like the rest of us. Unless we start seriously heading for relegation, I think Harris will still be here at the end of the season

I don't disagree with that, tbh :thumbright:

What I do know is that the position of Neil Harris and who might replace him has been had at top level for some weeks now and he has previously had 'expectations' reminded to him by Vincent Tan himself well before Christmas and we haven't won a game since

Clearly no one knows when the button will be pushed but discussions are taking place (they'd be daft not to) and I am told the one Director defending the manager has now shifted his view somewhat

Timing is everything though and It is possible the manager will see out the season, if the alternate options are not (what my friend called) 'future viable', but my suspicion is the right and proper decision to replace is imminent

Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:32 pm

Big Hill Blue wrote:
davids wrote:
Big Hill Blue wrote:

Mark?

Wahlberg
Spitz
Addy
Bolan
Knopfler
Anthony
Strong
Zuckerberg
Ruffalo
Almond
Twain
Ronson

Err...

Hudson
Mywords
SandSpencers

Sand-Spencers

MARK.....S AND SPENCERS

Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:49 pm

I’d have thought if the useless tw*t was getting the sack we’d have heard by now.

Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:21 pm

Igovernor wrote:

Giggs - Stuivenberg - Roberts

yes yes yes please

Osian Roberts is nothing short of a legend in what he did behind the scenes at the FAW - him at that Dutch bloke Ray something

Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:07 pm

ReesWestonSuperMare wrote:
Igovernor wrote:

yes yes yes please

Osian Roberts is nothing short of a legend in what he did behind the scenes at the FAW - him at that Dutch bloke Ray something

Or the two Dutch legends in south Wales...

Hertz Van Rental and Barry Van Hire :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:16 pm

Sven wrote:
ReesWestonSuperMare wrote:
Igovernor wrote:

yes yes yes please

Or the two Dutch legends in south Wales...

Hertz Van Rental and Barry Van Hire :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Hertz moved into horse racing with Jurgen Klopp's older brother Klipperty.
And Barry became a long distance trucker......

Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:34 pm

Mark Hughes it is then!!