The worst night of my life watching Cardiff City, I actually

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:12 pm

The worst night of my life watching Cardiff City, I actually cried and walked out at h-t with my oldest daughter :cry: :bluescarf:

That’s one of the main reasons why I will never forget/ forgive and we still have a despicable badge .
Attachments
8D8D2D4C-0E6E-40EB-9BD4-9748BD9A83E0.jpeg
8D8D2D4C-0E6E-40EB-9BD4-9748BD9A83E0.jpeg (442.61 KiB) Viewed 6685 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: The worst night of my life watching Cardiff City, I actu

Postby worcester_ccfc » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:15 pm

Awful.

Will never forget that night, for all the wrong reasons.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby sir ninian » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:58 pm

"HORRENDOUS".Still makes me sick just thinking about that night.I walked up the stairwell and couldn't believe what i was seeing(i thought i was in anfield).Made my way up to my seat,saw people who have supported city for decades wearing red scarves and loving it.Watched about 10 minutes then fucked off over to the cornwall pub-that night still haunts me. :bluebird:
sir ninian

Postby davids » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:03 pm

I made sure I wore my blue and white scarf that night but got a few strange looks for that and when I refused a red scarf from the boxes of them which were being handed just inside the turnstiles.

At least there were a few floating in the urinals at the end of the game.
davids

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:26 pm

davids wrote:I made sure I wore my blue and white scarf that night but got a few strange looks for that and when I refused a red scarf from the boxes of them which were being handed just inside the turnstiles.

At least there were a few floating in the urinals at the end of the game.
Attachments
0DA8A4DA-7F69-4D28-9102-DCE00AD902CF.jpeg
0DA8A4DA-7F69-4D28-9102-DCE00AD902CF.jpeg (105.98 KiB) Viewed 6436 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Bakedalasker » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:51 pm

Awful night. How any true Cardiff fan can take one of those is beyond me.
Bakedalasker

Postby Nuclearblue » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:51 pm

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: I am convinced Annis had I been at that game I would of walked away for good. Remember I came down with flu and I couldn’t even get out of bed never mind to the ground.
But I remember the reports coming out during the game and I was in disbelief at what was happening but I was more sickened with our fans for turning the stadium red.

But now I realise it was the best thing that could of happened as it was the turning point and the final nail in the coffin for that despicable Red. It made people sit up and realise what have they done ? Many who took the scarfs suddenly realised what they done and it hit them like a hammer, our Blue had gone.
You have heard the saying you got to hit rock bottom before you can bounce back and that was our rock bottom.

Never forgot what happened and by who but just as we were getting our identity back it still left a fractured fan base. I really couldn’t see a way back for us all but then came our messiah Sir Neil Warnock who I still believe was the only man that could unite us again. :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
Nuclearblue

Postby Sneggyblubird » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:49 pm

Nuclearblue wrote::bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: I am convinced Annis had I been at that game I would of walked away for good. Remember I came down with flu and I couldn’t even get out of bed never mind to the ground.
But I remember the reports coming out during the game and I was in disbelief at what was happening but I was more sickened with our fans for turning the stadium red.

But now I realise it was the best thing that could of happened as it was the turning point and the final nail in the coffin for that despicable Red. It made people sit up and realise what have they done ? Many who took the scarfs suddenly realised what they done and it hit them like a hammer, our Blue had gone.
You have heard the saying you got to hit rock bottom before you can bounce back and that was our rock bottom.

Never forgot what happened and by who but just as we were getting our identity back it still left a fractured fan base. I really couldn’t see a way back for us all but then came our messiah Sir Neil Warnock who I still believe was the only man that could unite us again. :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Are you sure it was flu Nukes. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sneggyblubird

Postby skiprat » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:04 pm

Cardiff red gave me a two and a half year break from the club id watched since 1975. To inflict it on a club with a colour related nickname was even more despicable.
skiprat

Postby Doyley1927 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:05 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote::bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: I am convinced Annis had I been at that game I would of walked away for good. Remember I came down with flu and I couldn’t even get out of bed never mind to the ground.

Ha ha I think he is asking if it was Covid. That’s funny.

Were you on one knee at the end of your bed fist in the air against the wall in pain?
Doyley1927

Postby Bigmarkw » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:17 pm

Not a great time. But let’s get this in to some perspective people are dying left right and centre that is terrible. People are having they basic rights of meeting loved ones taken away that is Terrible.

I’m not a tan malky warnock Harris Sam Risdale fan. But I am a Cardiff city fan.
I can’t understand what all this recent purge of super negative anti Cardiff posts are about.

I’m a very straight and honest man please tell what the agenda Islas I don’t want to presume anything that is incorrect.
Bigmarkw

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:18 pm

TBH the scarves were given away so none of those seen on the picture paid for them. It was stunt which didn't work as hardly anyone wore them again and certainly no-one wears them now.

It is an episode best forgotten. Being bitter about it 6 years on achieves nothing and will get us nowhere.

I'm more concerned about our form and would rather concentrate on that.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Sneggyblubird » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:27 pm

Bigmarkw wrote:Not a great time. But let’s get this in to some perspective people are dying left right and centre that is terrible. People are having they basic rights of meeting loved ones taken away that is Terrible.

I’m not a tan malky warnock Harris Sam Risdale fan. But I am a Cardiff city fan.
I can’t understand what all this recent purge of super negative anti Cardiff posts are about.

I’m a very straight and honest man please tell what the agenda Islas I don’t want to presume anything that is incorrect.

You ain't that naive either.
Sneggyblubird

Postby A Quiet Monkfish » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:24 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:TBH the scarves were given away so none of those seen on the picture paid for them. It was stunt which didn't work as hardly anyone wore them again and certainly no-one wears them now.

It is an episode best forgotten. Being bitter about it 6 years on achieves nothing and will get us nowhere.

I've supported City since 1962/3 and love the tradition that comes with following a team in the Football league, but the over-reaction of grown men to a change in the colour of shirts for a couple of seasons is beyond me. Bellamy, promotion, Premier League - shirts aside it was fun..
A Quiet Monkfish

Postby Doyley1927 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:43 pm

A Quiet Monkfish wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:TBH the scarves were given away so none of those seen on the picture paid for them. It was stunt which didn't work as hardly anyone wore them again and certainly no-one wears them now.

I've supported City since 1962/3 and love the tradition that comes with following a team in the Football league, but the over-reaction of grown men to a change in the colour of shirts for a couple of seasons is beyond me. Bellamy, promotion, Premier League - shirts aside it was fun..

What about the 10,000 who marched?
Doyley1927

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:48 pm

:bluescarf:
Attachments
5683638F-B214-4E77-81C8-0E34FE933815.png
5683638F-B214-4E77-81C8-0E34FE933815.png (1.36 MiB) Viewed 4868 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby bluesince62 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:49 pm

Doyley1927 wrote:
A Quiet Monkfish wrote:

A rather provocative post for a newbie??? It cant be,surely not??.......
bluesince62

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:49 pm

Doyley1927 wrote:
A Quiet Monkfish wrote:

We marched with pride and passion and love for our club and identity :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Those who don’t care that’s up to them, but I was personally heartbroken.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Doyley1927 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:54 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:
A Quiet Monkfish wrote:

We marched with pride and passion and love for our club and identity :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Those who don’t care that’s up to them, but I was personally heartbroken.

Exactly.

It was easily a third of the fans at the game.

It took time but the fans finally turned on the red.
Doyley1927

Postby Bigmarkw » Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:25 pm

A Quiet Monkfish wrote:

Well said monkfish.

What I don’t get is no ones bothered that we not allowed to go to watch city play anymore. That for me is way worse than a change of shirt colour. Which Also no cares about when we play in our second or third strips when we not playing another team in red.

It boggles me it really does. People more upset up history that not be allowed to watch city today.
Bigmarkw

Postby Nuclearblue » Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:47 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: It could of been a form of Covid as well I suppose. But I don’t want that again so where is my vaccination? :banghead: :laughing6:
Nuclearblue

Postby skiprat » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:19 pm

A Quiet Monkfish wrote:

If you've supported city since 62 you would have noticed the clubs nick name is the bluebirds.to put them in a red shirt and dragon badge was totally disrespectful and embarrassing.As regards an overreaction it was an under reaction.if it had happened in a lot of other places there would have been murder.
skiprat

Postby MoodyBluebird » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:48 am

I don't really get the gut wrenching worst night of my life supporting the City stories on here.

Personally, I've always loved the club because they represent the city I was born and brought up in. One of the reasons I could never be a plastic is because I've got no attachment to another place other than Cardiff.

Whilst I was glad we reverted back to blue, I never felt the pain some did when we played in red. For me, it hurt so much more when we had defeats against Hamburg, Stoke in the play-off semi and Blackpool in the final.
MoodyBluebird

Postby 103 Barmy Army » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:29 am

I get annoyed when people choose to watch the game from the Canton Stand and don’t sing. This game would have destroyed me. :lol: I’m glad I was living abroad at the time and missed it.
103 Barmy Army

Postby stickywicket » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:39 pm

I didn't see many protesters at the last home game when Malky got us promoted.
Attachments
tan.jpg
tan.jpg (168.26 KiB) Viewed 3244 times
stickywicket

Postby Doyley1927 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:46 pm

stickywicket wrote:I didn't see many protesters at the last home game when Malky got us promoted.

That’s a good point actually.
Doyley1927

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:46 pm

stickywicket wrote:I didn't see many protesters at the last home game when Malky got us promoted.

I walked out 30mins before the end, NOTHING TO CELEBRATE IN MY OPINION :cry: :cry:

I only ever sang that season,"We will will always be BLUE" :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Nuclearblue » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:52 pm

Doyley1927 wrote:

Yes and that was the sad part of it. People were prepared to take it for success. To many success trumps anything else.
But to defeat the red we had to do badly sadly and us that fought for the blue back knew that. And I have said before had we stayed up we would still be red today.
But many protested differently some walked away whilst others including me stayed and made ourselves a pain in the arse which pissed of the red supporters.
It was bleak times where fans got threatened including one fan being told I know where your kids go to school. Me I was threatened by email but I would never back down.
In fact that email tore friends apart in some cases. But I’m glad myself and thousands of others fought for what was right and Annis saying the only time he sang wasn’t to sing we will always be blue and that is true. And don’t that time I never saw him celebrate when we scored either.
I think I was very close to walking away when it was reversed and many time I thought about I was more angry with fans that totally accepted it.
Nuclearblue

Postby Bakedalasker » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:56 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:

Yes and that was the sad part of it. People were prepared to take it for success. To many success trumps anything else.
But to defeat the red we had to do badly sadly and us that fought for the blue back knew that. And I have said before had we stayed up we would still be red today.
But many protested differently some walked away whilst others including me stayed and made ourselves a pain in the arse which pissed of the red supporters.
It was bleak times where fans got threatened including one fan being told I know where your kids go to school. Me I was threatened by email but I would never back down.
In fact that email tore friends apart in some cases. But I’m glad myself and thousands of others fought for what was right and Annis saying the only time he sang wasn’t to sing we will always be blue and that is true. And don’t that time I never saw him celebrate when we scored either.
I think I was very close to walking away when it was reversed and many time I thought about I was more angry with fans that totally accepted it.

I heard those rumours about " I know where your kids live". I have my suspicions who made those calls though but can't prove it.

A certain individual dropped his mask when he said to TLG and his good friend Tracy after a meeting at the CCS that there were guys from the Rhondda who were not happy with the 2 of them and it was said in such a way that it made it a threat. When asked if he was threatening them he backtracked and said I'm only saying to forewarn you. There was no one from the Rhondda on their way but it showed you how this guy thought. He no longer follows the club and I say good riddance to him.
Bakedalasker

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:41 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:

I heard those rumours about " I know where your kids live". I have my suspicions who made those calls though but can't prove it.

A certain individual dropped his mask when he said to TLG and his good friend Tracy after a meeting at the CCS that there were guys from the Rhondda who were not happy with the 2 of them and it was said in such a way that it made it a threat. When asked if he was threatening them he backtracked and said I'm only saying to forewarn you. There was no one from the Rhondda on their way but it showed you how this guy thought. He no longer follows the club and I say good riddance to him.

Ian,

No rumours sadly true.

80% of posters dont really know how bad it was for those he stayed loyal to our identity and those who spoke out got threatened.

Forever Blue
Admin

Next

Return to General Chat