Postby piledriver64 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:58 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Sven wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:Yep two major issues with the OP.

1. Not sure if you’ve noticed but there’s a global pandemic going on that has wrecked the global economy that nobody, other than the drugs companies !, has done well out of. So any economic plans from 5 years ago are, frankly, knackered !!

2. And probably more importantly, so what if Tan doesn’t deliver on what he promised what’s the alternative? Without Tan pumping millions in per month we get a transfer embargo or, worse, administration. The Tan haters need to get into their heads that there are no rich investors queuing up to buy us right now !! What do you want ? Force Tan out and then what ?

These posts are tiresome and pointless. Tan made a massive mistake in changing our colours. We are now back in blue and our club is financially stable yet some would rather go back to the winding up/embargo days of Hammam and Ridsdale !! I must be thick because I just can’t see any logic in that argument.

Just a correction on your assertion that (quote) "there are no rich investors queuing up to buy us right now" to say that that is not the truth; at least one (and I'm aware of another) 'buyer' has come forward in recent times with the funds and backing to meet the current owner's demands but he (Vincent Tan) changed his mind for reasons best explained by him

But that's just speculation. We've all heard those rumours but there is nothing in the public domain, particularly about the level of funds and ongoing investment offered so I'll clarify; there are no CONFIRMED rich investors queuing up to buy us right now !!

There was some speculation that Sam was also trying to put together a consortium and, understandably, there is no way Tan will let that weasel back in.

I would also suggest there would be doubts over whether Sam would pass the fit and proper person test of the league after his actions at both Wimbledon and us. That's one of the reasons that Tan was so keen to have him identified as the person behind Langston in open court a few years ago.

You have mentioned a tenuous offer to buy but I would repeat that there is no queue of people wanting to take us over.

It’s not rumours, just because media Wales are not printing it , who get it wrong half the time anyway.

Tan/Dalman have been offered twice by two different consortiums.
One pulled out after studying our debts etc and the other Tan withdrew.

Well it wasn't reported in any British media outlet which would make it the most secretive bid ever !!

The other point is that even if there were other bids, and I wouldn't be that surprised if there were, we certainly don't know the level of those bids nor whether those people would have the best interests of the club at heart.

They might have just have chanced their arm, made a low bid in the hope that they themselves could then sell it on to another, less trustworthy/suitable bidder. I can think of one person previously involved in the club who has a track record in hiding behind the names of another organisation :roll: :lol:

Cardiff’s current owners are the only ones who make low bids. Look at poor Crewe. Amateurs.

So one minute you're concerned about the debt and the next you want us to pay whatever another club asks :roll:

Are you that naïve or stupid to think that transfers go through at the first bid. We've started low, let's see where it ends up.

If we want him enough we'll negotiate that, if Crewe are asking silly money then we'll walk away. Simples.

We are, though, in a strong position in that his contract is up in the summer so Crewe either take some sort of fee now or let him walk away for nothing in 4 months time, well worth a low bid in the first instance.

Mate, this guy is so obviously a troll I wouldn’t even bother!

:thumbup: the trouble is some others actually believe his rubbish :banghead:
piledriver64

Re: BREAKING: “ VINCENT TAN / 4 WEEKS “

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby Doyley1927 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:00 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Sven wrote:

1. Not sure if you’ve noticed but there’s a global pandemic going on that has wrecked the global economy that nobody, other than the drugs companies !, has done well out of. So any economic plans from 5 years ago are, frankly, knackered !!

2. And probably more importantly, so what if Tan doesn’t deliver on what he promised what’s the alternative? Without Tan pumping millions in per month we get a transfer embargo or, worse, administration. The Tan haters need to get into their heads that there are no rich investors queuing up to buy us right now !! What do you want ? Force Tan out and then what ?

These posts are tiresome and pointless. Tan made a massive mistake in changing our colours. We are now back in blue and our club is financially stable yet some would rather go back to the winding up/embargo days of Hammam and Ridsdale !! I must be thick because I just can’t see any logic in that argument.

Just a correction on your assertion that (quote) "there are no rich investors queuing up to buy us right now" to say that that is not the truth; at least one (and I'm aware of another) 'buyer' has come forward in recent times with the funds and backing to meet the current owner's demands but he (Vincent Tan) changed his mind for reasons best explained by him

But that's just speculation. We've all heard those rumours but there is nothing in the public domain, particularly about the level of funds and ongoing investment offered so I'll clarify; there are no CONFIRMED rich investors queuing up to buy us right now !!

There was some speculation that Sam was also trying to put together a consortium and, understandably, there is no way Tan will let that weasel back in.

I would also suggest there would be doubts over whether Sam would pass the fit and proper person test of the league after his actions at both Wimbledon and us. That's one of the reasons that Tan was so keen to have him identified as the person behind Langston in open court a few years ago.

You have mentioned a tenuous offer to buy but I would repeat that there is no queue of people wanting to take us over.

It’s not rumours, just because media Wales are not printing it , who get it wrong half the time anyway.

Well it wasn't reported in any British media outlet which would make it the most secretive bid ever !!

The other point is that even if there were other bids, and I wouldn't be that surprised if there were, we certainly don't know the level of those bids nor whether those people would have the best interests of the club at heart.

They might have just have chanced their arm, made a low bid in the hope that they themselves could then sell it on to another, less trustworthy/suitable bidder. I can think of one person previously involved in the club who has a track record in hiding behind the names of another organisation :roll: :lol:

Cardiff’s current owners are the only ones who make low bids. Look at poor Crewe. Amateurs.

So one minute you're concerned about the debt and the next you want us to pay whatever another club asks :roll:

Are you that naïve or stupid to think that transfers go through at the first bid. We've started low, let's see where it ends up.

If we want him enough we'll negotiate that, if Crewe are asking silly money then we'll walk away. Simples.

We are, though, in a strong position in that his contract is up in the summer so Crewe either take some sort of fee now or let him walk away for nothing in 4 months time, well worth a low bid in the first instance.

I think I’m in the majority.

Unlike Twitter the owner of this site won’t ban people for what they believe.
Doyley1927

Postby piledriver64 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:18 pm

Doyley1927 wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Sven wrote:

I think I’m in the majority.

Unlike Twitter the owner of this site won’t ban people for what they believe.

You might be on this site (although looking at the recent responses I'd even doubt that) but outside of this site I don't know any other City fan who wants Tan to go without a reliable, trustworthy replacement in place.

I know a large number of them would give up their season tix if Hammam came back.
piledriver64

Postby bluesince62 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:54 pm

HarriRhys22 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Big Hill Blue wrote:Warnock aside?

Warnock brought in nearly £200 mill through promotion :thumbright: :bluebird:

Yes but he wasted it on crap players and bonus’s and Premier League wages for him and his staff and players!

He has taken a huge hit to his personal wealth through the last year to covid,its unfair to beat him up if it goes another year or two imho.he is not going to sell at a huge loss,and why should he??
bluesince62

Postby GrangeHill » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:07 pm

I don’t think you can expect anyone to be sticking to the same business plan at the moment, after what’s happened in the world over the last 12 months.
We’d also be in a much worse position if Tan wasn’t here, guaranteed.
GrangeHill

Postby bluesince62 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:53 pm

Doyley1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Sven wrote:

All I will say is that everything is for sale and if the price is right..................

But what is the price?

I was told by People involved in the negotiations it was £30mill plus the buyer takes all the debts and court cases :shock:

The debt adds a lot but I think that’s a decent price.

Moore is worth half of that or will be after the euros.

Was that when we were in the premier league or in the championship?

Moore is worth £15m???? Really??
bluesince62

Postby Doyley1927 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:06 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Sven wrote:

All I will say is that everything is for sale and if the price is right..................

But what is the price?

I was told by People involved in the negotiations it was £30mill plus the buyer takes all the debts and court cases :shock:

The debt adds a lot but I think that’s a decent price.

Moore is worth half of that or will be after the euros.

Was that when we were in the premier league or in the championship?

Moore is worth £15m???? Really??

He will be. Mark my words.
Doyley1927

Previous

Return to General Chat