Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " Very sad news about Sol Bamba "

Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:49 pm

Hi Sol, if you're reading this I am being treated for prostate cancer, it's not curable but is treatable, the main thing is to stay positive and not think the worst. You have always fought so hard for Cardiff City, so now is time for you to fight for yourself and your family. You are a legend in the fans eyes, we all love you big man. I'm sending you my heartfelt best wishes to you and your lovely family. God bless you Sol for a full recovery

Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:50 pm

avondaleblue wrote:Hi Sol, if you're reading this I am being treated for prostate cancer, it's not curable but is treatable, the main thing is to stay positive and not think the worst. You have always fought so hard for Cardiff City, so now is time for you to fight for yourself and your family. You are a legend in the fans eyes, we all love you big man. I'm sending you my heartfelt best wishes to you and your lovely family. God bless you Sol for a full recovery

Good luck mate, I wish you and your family well.

Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:57 pm

:bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: Get well soon Sol I’m sure you will smash the shit out of this like you do to everything else. A Cardiff City legend :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:59 pm

Get well soon Sol, a true Cardiff legend. Every one of us fans are behind you :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:01 pm

avondaleblue wrote:Hi Sol, if you're reading this I am being treated for prostate cancer, it's not curable but is treatable, the main thing is to stay positive and not think the worst. You have always fought so hard for Cardiff City, so now is time for you to fight for yourself and your family. You are a legend in the fans eyes, we all love you big man. I'm sending you my heartfelt best wishes to you and your lovely family. God bless you Sol for a full recovery

I’m sorry to hear that from a fellow bluebird, good luck to you aswell as Sol

Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:02 pm

Fight it big man, you can beat it. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:04 pm

No way is this going to beat Big Sol. All Bluebirds are behind you. And just about everyone in football. When we can all come back to the stadium we will be singing your name and doing the ayatollah with you. :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:05 pm

Get well soon big man

Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:06 pm

Dreadful news for Sol and his family.
Huge fight for him now but if anyone can Sol can.

Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:06 pm

Get well soon Sol, A real worker and A player who plays for the shirt and as already said a real nice bloke and his family are all nice too

Really hope with the treatment and his fighting spirit he gets through this

Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:19 pm

You are bigger than this SOL BAMBA,if you show this illness the same fight as you show on the pitch,you will defeat it!! Best wishes to you,and your loved ones.

Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:20 pm

You are bigger than this SOL BAMBA,if you show this illness the same fight as you show on the pitch,you will defeat it!! Best wishes to you,and your loved ones.

Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:22 pm

All the best Sol. A real gentleman and City legend. You'll beat this.

Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:24 pm

My brother in law had the same diagnosis at 39 and was given only 6 months to live. He actually lived for other 28years so come on Sol you can beat this horrible disease!

Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:25 pm

"C'MON SOL",show this cancer it's picked on the wrong person.

Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:31 pm

An absolute icon of a player.

I know it’s easy to say positive things about someone when their ill. But let’s face it Sol has always appeared to be a gent on the pitch. I’ve seen him countless times On game day smiling and arsing about.

Get well big Sol.

Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:35 pm

Terrible news.

All the best Sol. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:40 pm

Just do this for yourself and your family.

Every Bluebird is right behind you.

Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:42 pm

Wishing you all the very best Sol..
Didnt Andy Legge have this too ?

Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:48 pm

Sad news, but Sol is a battler

We're with you Sol.

Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:01 pm

You got this Sol.
Goodspeed recovery stay positive.

Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:02 pm

You'll beat it Sol no doubt in my mind at all.

:ayatollah:

Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:03 pm

Get well soon Sol. :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:20 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
dorsetblue wrote:
fred keenor wrote:Get well soon big man

Very sad news, my mum has this and unfortunately its not cureable but it is treatable, generally offers the patient a pretty normal life on and off for 15-20 years, a good outcome for a 70 something but not such a good prognosis for a 30 something with a young family in the prime of life. Good luck though big man

Mate without getting into a debate about it this cancer is 99% curable.
It’s common to get in your 20s but the prognosis is generally excellent.

My good friend had it when she was 25. It returned when she was early 30s and again late 30s.
She’s now 52 and is fine.
I’m not undermining this at all but it’s not the death sentence that a lot of cancers are. In fact a Chest consultant friend told me some time ago that if you get cancer this is the one to have. Sounds terrible but it’s a fact.

I wish Sol all the best with the treatment.
My favourite player in recent years and a lovely guy.[/quote
From politicians to doctors.
Come on boys/girls leave the diagnose to the consultants.

Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:24 pm

Really. Really sad news. I wish Big Sol all the best and a speedy recovery. Hes is a fighter thats for sure, Lovely fella off the pitch aswell :(

Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:37 pm

Keep fighting yourself Chief. Cancer is the biggest bitch going keep us informed of your progress :bluescarf:

Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:54 pm

Jeff Stelling:

Wish Sol Bamba the very best in his fight against non Hodgkin lymphoma. He was a great supporter of mine in the Prostate cancer walks and a delight when he has been at Skys studios. Wish you all the best big feller.

Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:24 pm

Love and Best Wishes to you and your family big man :bluescarf:

Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:21 am

Get Well Sol - :bluebird:

Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:44 am

You can do it big sol :bluescarf: :ayatollah: