Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:20 pm

I see
Zahore
Madine!
Mason
And Paterson scored today
Great day for (ex) City strikers :shock:

Meanwhile Robert Glatzel drew a blank :shock: :shock:
Its not so bad if a striker gets chances and misses cos eeventually it will come.
But sadly Glatzel very seldom gets into goalscoring positions, doesnt hold the ball up well and rarely gets his head to the ball.

Re: I see Paterson

Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:26 pm

Lengee wrote:I see
Zahore
Madine!
Mason

Its not so bad if a striker gets chances and misses cos eeventually it will come.
But sadly Glatzel very seldom gets into goalscoring positions, doesnt hold the ball up well and rarely gets his head to the ball.

Just say it " he's Shit " everyone finally now can see it instead of just hoping he comes good and making excuses. He won't and was never going to.

Regarding Patterson , he will always score 5/10 goals a season because he puts his head in where it hurts and feeds off scraps but he's a very average forward at this level in reality. He was sold with the knowledge we would be playing Moore who has scored a lot more goals in less games so the decision so fR has proven correct

Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:29 pm

Zahore
Madine!
Mason

Tbf I didn’t see many tears when mason, Zohore and Madine left.

Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:06 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Zahore
Madine!
Mason

I would have Zahore back in a heartbeat to replace Glatzel. That said, we got a great offer from WBA for him (and it hasnt worked out for him there). Shame we wasted most of the money.
I A few on here always had it in for him.
No tears shed for the others, and I agree with the comments by Thomasblue on Paterson.
I have some sympathy with Harris cos he needed Moore and Morrison today. That said he reverted to Pack :shock: and Glatzel :shock: He could have tried playing without an orthodox number 9. Also he took off Murphy who had been our best attacker.

Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:01 am

Paterson still can’t get over why they got rid of him and so cheap

Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:06 am

Forever Blue wrote:Paterson still can’t get over why they got rid of him and so cheap

Strange. Perhaps Harris didn't like him personally.

Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:36 pm

Was he on a big wage?

Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:54 pm

For all those that say Patterson is not a striker , not a proper striker , cant play , not good enough at this level etc etc ec

If you score a goal - it doesnt matter how it gets in the net. It doesnt need to be belted in from 35 yards, It doesnt matter if it goes in off your backside. If it's in - it's in.

We got rid of a player - that put everything into it, would chase down lost causes, would get stuck in - I could go on and go about positive mental attitude. Yet we sold him for peanuts.

Whoever made that decision is an idiot - whether that's Harris, Choo, Dalman or Tan - stupid decision.

And the person who said Patterson is the sort of player that will only get you 5-10 goals a season - I'd take that from a midfielder / occasional striker

Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:51 pm

ReesWestonSuperMare wrote:For all those that say Patterson is not a striker , not a proper striker , cant play , not good enough at this level etc etc ec

If you score a goal - it doesnt matter how it gets in the net. It doesnt need to be belted in from 35 yards, It doesnt matter if it goes in off your backside. If it's in - it's in.

We got rid of a player - that put everything into it, would chase down lost causes, would get stuck in - I could go on and go about positive mental attitude. Yet we sold him for peanuts.

Whoever made that decision is an idiot - whether that's Harris, Choo, Dalman or Tan - stupid decision.

And the person who said Patterson is the sort of player that will only get you 5-10 goals a season - I'd take that from a midfielder / occasional striker

He is a utility player

Even Danny Ward scored 8 last season. Patterson is a hard worker but be honest a lot of our players score 5/10 as season with or without him. He's not really a miss overall . The only thing we miss is his commitment and work rate

Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:12 pm

Is there going to be a thread made everytime paterson scores? Or when boro win? :sleepy2:

Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:34 pm

I blame the football mainly, we get strikers in that dont fit how we play and try pidgeon them into out team, Moore is doing ok cause we kinda play to his strength.

Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:58 pm

Lengee wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Zahore
Madine!
Mason

I would have Zahore back in a heartbeat to replace Glatzel. That said, we got a great offer from WBA for him (and it hasnt worked out for him there). Shame we wasted most of the money.
I A few on here always had it in for him.
No tears shed for the others, and I agree with the comments by Thomas Blue on Paterson.
I have some sympathy with Harris cos he needed Moore and Morrison today. That said he reverted to Pack :shock: and Glatzel :shock: He could have tried playing without an orthodox number 9. Also he took off Murphy who had been our best attacker.

I just don't get what is in Robert Glatzel's head ? He played 94 minutes against a Forest side who had only won 2 of their previous 12 matches, but despite us registering 14 attempts at their goal, all he managed was 1 off target shot in that 94 mins ? 1 attempt in 94 mins from a £5m striker ! He's 6'4" yet the only headers he ever wins are flick ons from long balls ? And for a big man, how is he dispossessed so many times during a game ? Saturday,without Sean Morrison up for the long throws, Glatzel should have been the one attacking the ball and making things happen for his team mates, Instead he just watches and hopes for a loose ball to drop into his path, which as we all know .....it never does. He also possesses a really powerful shot but when do we ever get to see it ? I believe the majority of fans want Glatzel to do well for us but for whatever reason its just not happening. I'm now beginning to think that the young striker who I recently saw impress with the U/18's despite having limited service, would not do any worse than 1 off target shot in 94 mins if he was given an opportunity ? After all Joel Bagan has been a breath of fresh air at left back, and he's a teenager, so why not give others a chance ? They simply cannot do any worse.

Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:22 am

Logie wrote:I blame the football mainly, we get strikers in that dont fit how we play and try pidgeon them into out team, Moore is doing ok cause we kinda play to his strength.

Nothing wrong with that, as our former manager is weaving his magic and the one player he took with him is 'doing the business'

Can think of a lot less worthy treads on here of late, tbh! ;)

Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:45 am

Sven wrote:
Logie wrote:I blame the football mainly, we get strikers in that dont fit how we play and try pidgeon them into out team, Moore is doing ok cause we kinda play to his strength.

Nothing wrong with that, as our former manager is weaving his magic and the one player he took with him is 'doing the business'

Can think of a lot less worthy treads on here of late, tbh! ;)

think youve quoted the wrong post mate... but NW is at Boro and CP at Wednesday....

Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:17 am

Any striker at our club has had the same issues for almost a decade now. We don’t get the service to them, and end up relying on midfield goals.

The issue with glatzel is he will probably never get the service to get the best out of him, and is being asked to do the job Moore does so well, when in reality he isn’t that type of striker.