‘ Mark Bowen, Craig Bellamy & Andy Legg ‘

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ‘ Mark Bowen, Craig Bellamy & Andy Legg ‘

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:20 pm

Would love it myself Annis. :thumbup:
I'm just a wine drinking monkey that has a penchant for fine bannanas. You can check out my human alter-ego singing and speaking nonsense on the you tube if you like @ https://www.youtube.com/user/sibaronimusic
ealing_ayatollah

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby HarriRhys22 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:22 pm

Unfortunately Leggy has already failed with our under 23’s.I’d go for Mark Hughes as Manager,Mark Bowen as coach and Bellers as under 23 Manager to eventually take over if he can prove he has matured!
HarriRhys22

Postby HarriRhys22 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:53 pm

Just read that the Jacks have appointed a Cardiff boy Mark Allen as their Academy Manager formerly in the same position with Manchester City and Rangers! How did we miss out in him? That’s two local boys in charge of the Jacks, the Toshack era again, let’s hope they’re not as successful!
HarriRhys22

Postby JasonFowler1991 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:35 pm

I can't see any other reason than these 3 being Welsh, and connected with CCFC for wanting this.

Legg and Bowen have both failed as managers, I'm not aware of Bellamy's achievements as a coach, but he has no managerial experience. Remember when we tried Scott Young, Gabbidon and Trollope all for similar reasons, all failed.

If Harris does leave, I accept the budget will be low, but I for sure hope we are looking at someone with any type of experience and success as a manager, at any level.
JasonFowler1991

Postby Ketteringblues » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:55 pm

Definite no from me.
All 3 lack experience. Bellers is not a City fan anyway. If you want to go down that route, I bleedin’ get Kav in. He’d give a shit. Personally think we need to get away from this ‘Welsh obsessed’ thing and go for proven performers like Howe or possibly Pearson. If not one of those two, I’d sacrifice this season and search for a continental style manager who can ultimately strip us back to the bare bones, add a few players who are comfortable on the ball and get us back to playing decent football. So tired of the sideways/backwards/hoof shit being served at present.
Ketteringblues

Postby bluesince62 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:23 pm

Even if Bellamy wanted to come,I think his backing of Malky has put that thought to bed? :old: :bluebird:
bluesince62

Postby thomasblue » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:51 pm

skidemin wrote:
thomasblue wrote:So a team with very little experience between them of management at this level

Mark Bowen had less than a season at Reading and failed

Bellamy has coached a few kids

Andy legg has only managed at Parks level sides in the LOW

Not exactly a dream team and none would be mentioned for any vacancy here if they didn't have Welsh links

We need a proper manager in charge not gamble on someone because his grandmothers mother made him eligible to play for Wales or they appeared for us a few times.

Any of them as a number 2 or in the set up would be OK but we need proper experianced leadership

failed...id call Bowens time at Reading as a success....

Took over a as caretaker , won manager of the month once and ended up 14th in the final table

Wow

If thats success then Harris is Guardiola
thomasblue

Postby skidemin » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:20 pm

thomasblue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
thomasblue wrote:So a team with very little experience between them of management at this level

Not exactly a dream team and none would be mentioned for any vacancy here if they didn't have Welsh links

We need a proper manager in charge not gamble on someone because his grandmothers mother made him eligible to play for Wales or they appeared for us a few times.

Any of them as a number 2 or in the set up would be OK but we need proper experianced leadership

Took over a as caretaker , won manager of the month once and ended up 14th in the final table

Wow

yep thats what he did...now go on give me half a dozen managers who have turned such a poor start { 8 points from 11 } into better than Bowen achieved....no harris hasnt and neither has pep....
expectations off the scale...
skidemin

Postby thomasblue » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:43 pm

skidemin wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Wow

yep thats what he did...now go on give me half a dozen managers who have turned such a poor start { 8 points from 11 } into better than Bowen achieved....no harris hasnt and neither has pep....

He made a average team have a average season

Nothing more nothing less

He certainly couldn't be seen as a success , just did his job.
thomasblue

Postby skidemin » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:53 pm

thomasblue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Wow

so ..no list then.... i suppose Warnocks feat here taking us from the same start to 62 points was no great shakes either.....although its only ever been bettered in this division once back in the 80s
Bowen took a team in the relegation zone to mid table, which is what the job was and will always be after such a poor start....
skidemin

Postby JasonFowler1991 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:53 pm

thomasblue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Wow

I was reading a Reading blog. They wrote that he should probably have been given more time, that they did OK but lacked a playing style and we're overly defensive.

Link: https://thetilehurstend.sbnation.com/20 ... -fc-royals
JasonFowler1991

Postby skidemin » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:01 pm

JasonFowler1991 wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Wow

I was reading a Reading blog. They wrote that he should probably have been given more time, that they did OK but lacked a playing style and we're overly defensive.

yes id imagine a team in a relegation battle wouldnt look much like Man Citeh... he wouldnt be top of my want list but credit where its due....
skidemin

Postby thomasblue » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:23 pm

skidemin wrote:
JasonFowler1991 wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Wow

yes id imagine a team in a relegation battle wouldnt look much like Man Citeh... he wouldnt be top of my want list but credit where its due....

Don't get me wrong he did the job asked of him but I wouldnt say it was overly successful.

Do people deserve credit for just doing the basics of the job ?

I base success on going over and above what is expected of them
thomasblue

Postby JasonFowler1991 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:32 pm

thomasblue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
JasonFowler1991 wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Wow

Don't get me wrong he did the job asked of him but I wouldnt say it was overly successful.

At the time of Neil Harris taking over there were just 2 points between us and Reading. By the end of the season there was a 17 point margin.

What Bowen did at Reading was less impressive than what Harris achieved here. It would be very underwhelming.
JasonFowler1991

Postby skidemin » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:40 pm

JasonFowler1991 wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
JasonFowler1991 wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Wow

At the time of Neil Harris taking over there were just 2 points between us and Reading. By the end of the season there was a 17 point margin.

What Bowen did at Reading was less impressive than what Harris achieved here. It would be very underwhelming.

well id imagine getting more points than the vast amount of managers have managed from that starting point is above what could be expected.... if you think that achieving far more than the majority have is what is expected your expectations are too high...
skidemin

Postby JasonFowler1991 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:50 pm

skidemin wrote:
JasonFowler1991 wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
JasonFowler1991 wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Wow

well id imagine getting more points than the vast amount of managers have managed from that starting point is above what could be expected.... if you think that achieving far more than the majority have is what is expected your expectations are too high...

My expectation is to replace the current manager with someone better. Bowen hasn't done anything prove he is any better, is my point. On top of that, the defensive style is, for me at least, very off putting.
JasonFowler1991

Postby HarriRhys22 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:25 pm

What about Ole, he’s been given time and now taken Manure to the top of the Premier League!
HarriRhys22

Postby HarriRhys22 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:28 pm

JasonFowler1991 wrote:I can't see any other reason than these 3 being Welsh, and connected with CCFC for wanting this.

Legg and Bowen have both failed as managers, I'm not aware of Bellamy's achievements as a coach, but he has no managerial experience. Remember when we tried Scott Young, Gabbidon and Trollope all for similar reasons, all failed.

If Harris does leave, I accept the budget will be low, but I for sure hope we are looking at someone with any type of experience and success as a manager, at any level.

I thought we were Capital of Wales not just another English club in the English Championship?
HarriRhys22

Postby Dazzy » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:30 pm

JasonFowler1991 wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
JasonFowler1991 wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Wow

I completely agree. It would be another very questionable appointment at best. I do hope the board have learnt from their lessons. And they’ve had many now.

Surely they’ll take a step back and review what has worked and not worked within previous appointments. Give us a manager who’ll get us excited. We want a decent crowd at the CCS when we get to return not row upon row of empty seats.
Who needs Cantona, when we’ve got Stantona?
Dazzy

Postby JasonFowler1991 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:58 pm

HarriRhys22 wrote:
JasonFowler1991 wrote:I can't see any other reason than these 3 being Welsh, and connected with CCFC for wanting this.

I thought we were Capital of Wales not just another English club in the English Championship?

We should be hiring people who are competent, not on the basis of being Welsh. If they are competent and Welsh, thats a great bonus for sure. I'm just not convinced that Legg, Bowen and Bellamy are good enough, based on their previous experience. Would love to be proven wrong though.
JasonFowler1991

Previous

Return to General Chat