Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Who is actually saying Harris is going imminently ?

Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:32 pm

I’m going through all the different threads on here and all I can find is two posters that say they have it on good authority that either he has not accepted a deal to go or that there has been two offers put to him which he has rejected both.

As others have questioned why would any business offer a severance package then leave that individual in situ, they would be put on gardening leave until either its sorted or its not and a tribunal then is set with the individual leaving in the mean time.

Or is this simply supporters strange way of hopefully getting a message to the people that matter at the club ?

Or

I don’t know what the truth is and I’m sure no one else on here knows either and its mainly guess work due to what has been said by Dalman et el in the past and then 2 + 2 = 5

Be interesting when and what the official announcement from the club is ? Most think (based on results) he’s probably a goner anyway, so those that make out are ITK will get to say I told you so sooner or later anyway.

Be interesting if the ITK know replies with anything else besides, watch this space, or I cant say where from but its a reliable source.

Re: Who is actually saying Harris is going imminently ?

Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:42 pm

You cannot put him on gardening leave as he has done nothing wrong ( except being a terrible manager) :laughing6:
They either have to sack him or pay him off if they want rid if him :thumbup:

Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:50 pm

Igovernor wrote:You cannot put him on gardening leave as he has done nothing wrong ( except being a terrible manager) :laughing6:

They can put him on gardening leave if they want too, Chairmen pulls him in and says based on results we have lost confidence with your ability to move the club forward anymore, therefore we are offering you this severance package, from now on you need to deal with your brief and the LMA who will liaise with our brief, end of conversation in the mean time you are placed on gardening leave with pay until we sort things out or go arbitration, we would like this matter dealt with ‘X’ number of days/weeks and should your legal representative not contact us within ‘X’ amount of time we will take that as your acceptance of our severance package.

It used to be called a compromise agreement, however its now deemed as by mutual consent due to legal terminologies.

Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:52 pm

So we are both right, can go on gardening leave immediately due to no confidence but will be paid off also.

Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:02 pm

Welsh Exile wrote:So we are both right, can go on gardening leave immediately due to no confidence but will be paid off also.

Nice 'twist' there to evade an admission you're wrong (even if in part)... ;) :lol:

Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:05 pm

Sven wrote:
Welsh Exile wrote:So we are both right, can go on gardening leave immediately due to no confidence but will be paid off also.

Nice 'twist' there to evade an admission you're wrong (even if in part)... ;) :lol:

:laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:12 pm

Sven wrote:

Thanks for that, but I never said he wouldn’t get paid either.

How about you ? Heard anything yourself ? Anything official from someone employed by the club ? Do you not think its all a bit sums that this was supposedly have happened more than 24 hours ago yet nothing official ? Maybe because nothing is actually happening ?

Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:15 pm

The club may well we looking for a new manager behind the scenes (only a very small number of people will actually know the truth), but I find it hard to believe they have offered Harris a compensation package as that basically makes his position untenable. If he is still taking training then I don't believe he has been offered a package to walk away. How could he seriously have the trust of the players in that situation. Maybe I am wrong.
I think the club should have sacked him after the Wycombe debacle a few weeks ago but now it has got to the stage where there are so many rumours and bad vibes around, a decision one way or the other has to be made. Either back him publicly or sack him.
My preference would be to offer the job to Bellamy with an experienced No2 alongside him.
If he is still in charge for the Norwich there will be a sizeable minority who actually want to lose the game just to see him gone and that can't be right.
Even if the new manager is not ready yet, then surely a short term caretaker manager from inside or outside the club would be a better bet at the moment.
Let's see what happens as even when things aren't going your way, football is always interesting.

Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:28 pm

moley wrote:The club may well we looking for a new manager behind the scenes (only a very small number of people will actually know the truth), but I find it hard to believe they have offered Harris a compensation package as that basically makes his position untenable. If he is still taking training then I don't believe he has been offered a package to walk away. How could he seriously have the trust of the players in that situation. Maybe I am wrong.
I think the club should have sacked him after the Wycombe debacle a few weeks ago but now it has got to the stage where there are so many rumours and bad vibes around, a decision one way or the other has to be made. Either back him publicly or sack him.
My preference would be to offer the job to Bellamy with an experienced No2 alongside him.
If he is still in charge for the Norwich there will be a sizeable minority who actually want to lose the game just to see him gone and that can't be right.
Even if the new manager is not ready yet, then surely a short term caretaker manager from inside or outside the club would be a better bet at the moment.
Let's see what happens as even when things aren't going your way, football is always interesting.

I agree with everything you have said with the exception of Bellamy.

If and its a big IF any of the rumours on here are true then I agree Harris should be gone by now, therefore as you say the club need to do one or the other, and the sooner the better.

For me, I don’t think Bellamy is right for two reasons, one is what I have said in another thread, would he even want to come here after how he left with the bullying accusations, and secondly and for me more importantly I think we need a tried and tested manager that has pedigree and experience, however my wants I don’t think are realistic, Howe or Pearson - I don’t think Howe would come here, and Pearson would maybe want too much (plus not sure on his health situation recently)

Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:40 pm

Igovernor wrote:You cannot put him on gardening leave as he has done nothing wrong ( except being a terrible manager) :laughing6:

wasnt Dave Jones put on gardening leave ?....he certainly did not settle as it went into the hands of the LMA...
Burton and Wilkinson defo were put on gardening leave...

Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:51 pm

Not me.

Did you not read my posts

Tan wont pay him off yet or pay for a good manager.

Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:31 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Not me.

was DJ put on gardening leave ? i cant remember , i know the other 2 were but if memory serves me that was a few weeks later ..

Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:41 pm

Sven wrote:

I think Poch effectively got put on garden leave by Spurs after they removed him hence he's taken until last week to start a new job, and there the similarity ends in comparing Harris and Poch, one with no clue and one a very talented new breed of coach.

Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:46 pm

I don’t think anyone knows...
Dalman, Choo are not going to talk to fans..
It’s all mete speculation.. maybe trying to turn fans even more against Harris.. well that’s what I think, just my opinion

Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:57 pm

Bonner wrote:I don’t think anyone knows...
Dalman, Choo are not going to talk to fans..
It’s all mete speculation.. maybe trying to turn fans even more against Harris.. well that’s what I think, just my opinion

I cant find anywhere in the media that says Harris has rejected a package to leave though ? So where has the story come from ?

Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:07 pm

You may not have said imminently but you were one of the ones that said you had been told he had turned down a compensation package ? You did go onto so you weren’t sure if it was true or not admittedly, but by then people are assuming (clearly wrongly) that this must have come from within the club ?

Also anyone that has worked for a large company knows that once you are offered a package then that’s it, your position from that point is untenable, probably even more so in the football industry, because with the greatest respect if you/we/us are aware of this long into the night meeting then so are the players and staff, so by default making the position untenable.

So where did you here it from ? And if its not from the club then where did your source here it from ? Or are you more unsure that its not factual as you are that it is ?

Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:54 pm

Still Here .....

Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:16 am

Welsh Exile wrote:
Sven wrote:

Thanks for that, but I never said he wouldn’t get paid either.

How about you ? Heard anything yourself ? Anything official from someone employed by the club ? Do you not think its all a bit sums that this was supposedly have happened more than 24 hours ago yet nothing official ? Maybe because nothing is actually happening ?

I can tell you for 100% that before our 4 game win streak, we had various managers lined up so I'd be shocked if the club have not gone back to that mindset now.

Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:23 am

skidemin wrote:

was DJ put on gardening leave ? i cant remember , i know the other 2 were but if memory serves me that was a few weeks later ..

Yes DJ was for a while, then started a court case with Tan and Tan paid him off.

Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:28 am

Welsh Exile wrote:

You may not have said imminently but you were one of the ones that said you had been told he had turned down a compensation package ? You did go onto so you weren’t sure if it was true or not admittedly, but by then people are assuming (clearly wrongly) that this must have come from within the club ?

Also anyone that has worked for a large company knows that once you are offered a package then that’s it, your position from that point is untenable, probably even more so in the football industry, because with the greatest respect if you/we/us are aware of this long into the night meeting then so are the players and staff, so by default making the position untenable.

So where did you here it from ? And if its not from the club then where did your source here it from ? Or are you more unsure that its not factual as you are that it is ?

I stated originally for a couple of weeks that they wont just sack him as they cant afford to and pay him off.
Then this week I was told they tried to do a deal with Harris to leave, Harris never accepted it, I stand by that.

Dont you remember how they kept Malky for a while, trying to push him out.

Also it happened with DJ, they eventually had to fully pay DJ up.

Ole they tried the same and paid Ole off £3.5mill in the end.

I dont think Harris will take the pressure in the end if we dont start winning and I believe they will end up getting rid of him cheaply.

Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:25 pm

If fans were at the games, he’d be gone by now....

Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:19 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Yes DJ was for a while, then started a court case with Tan and Tan paid him off.

DJ did an interview a year or two back, funny enough where he said he bumped into Tan, and tan asked him why the results weren't upto scratch or something, and DJ replied, better ask your manager, and Tan had no idea he had sacked DJ and was suprised to find out

Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:22 pm

Still Here ...

Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:32 am

Yup...still here. It seems there’s some hedging of bets going on, backtracking, and then some counter backtracking. We all love a good rumour though

Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:45 am

Dazzy wrote:Yup...still here. It seems there’s some hedging of bets going on, backtracking, and then some counter backtracking. We all love a good rumour though

:lol: :lol: :lol: never heard counter backtracking before :thumbup:

Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:29 pm

You have had my replies and Topics about 7 times.

They cant afford to sack him.

At the moment he suits them regarding keeping the wage bill down, perfect yes mam, but of course results now worrying them big time.

Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:36 pm

Forever Blue wrote:You have had my replies and Topics about 7 times.

They cant afford to sack him.

At the moment he suits them regarding keeping the wage bill down, perfect yes mam, but of course results now worrying them big time.

I would not say he is a ‘yes’ man..
He knows he has to bring wage bills down,
So would any manager at the club,
However, results are the important factor, lose against QPRr and I think he will be gone.

Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:45 pm

WELL ITS SHOCKING & EMBARRASSING THAT TAN IS STILL BACKING HARRIS / SHOWS HOW BAD OUR COMMITTEE IS

Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:53 pm

Forever Blue wrote:WELL ITS SHOCKING & EMBARRASSING THAT TAN IS STILL BACKING HARRIS / SHOWS HOW BAD OUR COMMITTEE IS

Does anyone on this committee actually have a football knowledge or interest?