New manager

A forum for all things Cardiff City

New manager

Postby actionman » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:30 pm

Why has nobody mentioned a foreign manager look what Wolves and Leeds have done not to mention Leicester. Surely it’s worth a punt he couldn’t do any worse than some of the managers we’ve had. I’d never heard of Bielsa of Espírito before they came here.
actionman

New manager

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: New manager

Postby montyblue » Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:46 pm

ACTIONMAN

been saying this before arris arrived
reading brentford managers
Foreign managers always bring a different style of play and a lot of contacts and we tend to go down old route of old school uk managers.
montyblue

Postby thomasblue » Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:50 pm

Bielsa was one of the biggest names in football management before Leeds. He's been in charge at some very big teams including Argentina, Chile , Lazio and Marseille
thomasblue

Postby montyblue » Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:50 pm

ACTIONMAN
Leicsters managers
Irish
I suppose thats foreign to some brendan rogers.
montyblue

Postby thomas9990 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:06 pm

Wouldn’t mind the Wycombe manager
thomas9990

Postby actionman » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:10 am

Minty blue. I was thinking of Ranieri.
actionman

Postby actionman » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:11 am

Minty blue. I was thinking of Ranieri.
actionman

Postby Doyley1927 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:53 am

actionman wrote:Minty blue. I was thinking of Ranieri.

Never heard of him. Any good?
Doyley1927

Postby TaffEmbankment » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:02 pm

actionman wrote:Why has nobody mentioned a foreign manager look what Wolves and Leeds have done not to mention Leicester. Surely it’s worth a punt he couldn’t do any worse than some of the managers we’ve had. I’d never heard of Bielsa of Espírito before they came here.

Difference is those two managers were basically given war chests to get promoted. We are not in that league anymore and we need a manager who knows the league inside/out who will be able to operate and overachieve on a low budget.
TaffEmbankment

Postby Doyley1927 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:09 pm

TaffEmbankment wrote:
actionman wrote:Why has nobody mentioned a foreign manager look what Wolves and Leeds have done not to mention Leicester. Surely it’s worth a punt he couldn’t do any worse than some of the managers we’ve had. I’d never heard of Bielsa of Espírito before they came here.

Difference is those two managers were basically given war chests to get promoted. We are not in that league anymore and we need a manager who knows the league inside/out who will be able to operate and overachieve on a low budget.

I’ve heard that Warnock knows the league quite well and is pretty good.
Doyley1927

Postby Sven » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:00 pm

Doyley1927 wrote:
TaffEmbankment wrote:

Got to say, you're coming across as pretty banal since your latest rebirth...

Other members have noticed, too! ;) :oops:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Doyley1927 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:04 pm

Sven wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:
TaffEmbankment wrote:

What’s banal?
Doyley1927

Postby Pembroke bluebird » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:50 pm

Roathie take the b from the front you will understand then
Pembroke bluebird

Postby skidemin » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:03 pm

Sven wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:
TaffEmbankment wrote:

thought more barry welsh than roath... ?
skidemin

Postby Doyley1927 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:20 pm

skidemin wrote:
Sven wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:
TaffEmbankment wrote:

Proper getting a kicking innit.
Doyley1927

Postby actionman » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:33 am

If we are only gonna be on a low budget,then we are where we will always be.
actionman

Postby Sven » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:26 am

skidemin wrote:
Sven wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:
TaffEmbankment wrote:

Certainly not the obvious one but certainly one who has been here before and recently under one (or more) names

Several members queried the sudden proliferation and he/she seems to think it's a weird game

As I said above...very banal whoever it is and certainly not clever ;)
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Doyley1927 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:28 am

Sven wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Sven wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:
TaffEmbankment wrote:

Certainly not the obvious one but certainly one who has been here before and recently under one (or more) names

Several members queried the sudden proliferation and he/she seems to think it's a weird game

As I said above...very banal whoever it is and certainly not clever ;)

You were my favourite
Doyley1927

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:48 pm

Which club are you taking about ???
TopCat CCFC

Return to General Chat