Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

STOKE CITY: MORE WELSHMAN THAN CARDIFF OR SWANSEA

Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:18 am

Stoke City have more Wales players than Swansea and Cardiff as net closes in on number seven
By Peter Smith

Stoke City could soon have more Wales players on their books than either Swansea or Cardiff.

Wednesday 13th January 2021

Rhys Norrington-Davies is lined up to become the seventh Welsh international under Michael O'Neill if all goes to plan and he arrives from Sheffield United.

He is expected to join up with Adam Davies, James Chester, Morgan Fox, Joe Allen, Sam Vokes and new arrival Rabbi Matondo.

In comparison, four Wales players have turned out for Cardiff - Kieffer Moore, Harry Wilson, Will Vaulks and Mark Harris – and it’s four for Wales No.2 team this season – Connor Roberts, Ben Cabango, Joe Rodon and Liam Cullen.

The way things are going, it's only a matter of time before they have to paint 'Araf' on the streets of Trent Vale :lol:

These current Potters follow in some famous - and some infamous - Welsh footsteps at a club where Delilah has rung out from the stands for 35 years. Not to mention managers including Mark Hughes, Tony Pulis, Nathan Jones and Alan Durban.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: STOKE CITY: MORE WELSHMAN THAN CARDIFF OR SWANSEA

Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:20 am

Seems traditional for Stoke City to take on Welshmen but there's only one or two of these I'd want here...

Joe Allen could do a job, as could Rabbi Montondo :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:02 am

I would take Norrington-Davies

Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:45 am

Are those players using stoke as a club that's close to Manchester, so it gives them Cheshire Pro Football lifestyle look ? - a bit like a third hand Man Utd lifestyle perhaps.

Stoke - it's hardly a place anyone would want to live let alone work in. Ive done both for 6 months and very happy never to go back as well

Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:09 am

ReesWestonSuperMare wrote:Are those players using stoke as a club that's close to Manchester, so it gives them Cheshire Pro Football lifestyle look ? - a bit like a third hand Man Utd lifestyle perhaps.

Stoke - it's hardly a place anyone would want to live let alone work in. Ive done both for 6 months and very happy never to go back as well

There are some very nice rural areas surrounding Stoke.

I highly doubt your theory has much to do with it though.

Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:24 am

Bakedalasker wrote:I would take Norrington-Davies

Very much.

Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:30 am

Id take Motando and Allen in a hear beat.

Proud Welshman is Joe.

Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:31 am

I know Norrington-Davis’s father, as he was an officer in the Army.
One of the better officers he was too.
Would be good to see his son sign for us. From what I have seen of him, I would deffo have here.

Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:32 am

GENERAL CHAT wrote:I know Norrington-Davis’s father, as he was an officer in the Army.
Would be good to see his son sign for us. From what I have seen of him, I would deffo have here.

Was he called two dads??

Bit of a thing in the forces with double barrelled names.

Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:12 pm

I’m sure I read somewhere that Stoke fans recently voted Vokes their worst ever signing!

Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:22 pm

Vaughny72 wrote:I’m sure I read somewhere that Stoke fans recently voted Vokes their worst ever signing!

Worrying for Vokes, as Stoke have Tom Ince as well.

Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:28 pm

Sven wrote:Seems traditional for Stoke City to take on Welshmen but there's only one or two of these I'd want here...

Not so sure about Montondo but comment about Joe Allen is the understatement of the year!

Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:30 pm

JJ1927 wrote:
Sven wrote:Seems traditional for Stoke City to take on Welshmen but there's only one or two of these I'd want here...

Not so sure about Montondo but comment about Joe Allen is the understatement of the year!

What a player he was in the Euros.

Iniesta was the Spanish Joe Allen.

Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:36 pm

ReesWestonSuperMare wrote:Are those players using stoke as a club that's close to Manchester, so it gives them Cheshire Pro Football lifestyle look ? - a bit like a third hand Man Utd lifestyle perhaps.

isnt it like 50 miles from Manchester....

Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:52 pm

Doyley1927 wrote:
GENERAL CHAT wrote:I know Norrington-Davis’s father, as he was an officer in the Army.

Was he called two dads??

Is it? based of what evidence

Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:53 pm

Will he be best mates with Mclean though :D :bluebird:

Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:29 pm

STOKE CYMRU ;)

Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:54 am

Doyley1927 wrote:

Was he called two dads??

:lol: You’re not wrong.