NEIL WARNOCK TALKS SOL BAMBA

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Sven » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:58 pm

Neil Warnock just sent a wonderful message to Cardiff City's Sol Bamba live on radio following cancer diagnosis
By Tom Coleman

The former City boss says he's already spoken to the Bluebirds star, who has been diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma

Ex-Cardiff City boss Neil Warnock has backed 'fighter' Sol Bamba to win his battle with cancer.

News broke on Monday evening that Bamba had recently been diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, and has already started chemotherapy treatment.

The Ivorian, who's hugely popular with fans and supporters alike, has since been flooded with messages of support from all corners of the football familly.

Warnock, who brought Bamba to the Welsh capital, is just the latest to do so, describing the player as 'almost part of the family', when discussing the news on talkSPORT on Tuesday morning.

The current Middlesbrough manager said Bamba was in good spirits as he begins his fight, and says his sense of humour is still going strong in light of the difficult news.

"I spoke to Sol. He's almost part of the family. We've been through that much together," he said.

"It just shows you how we've got to grasp at every aspect of life while we're here, because it doesn't matter who you are, you're not immune to anything.

"He's coping very, very well in the circumstances. He's inundated with messages, as you can imagine.

"I made him laugh yesterday. Obviously Sharon's (Warnock's wife) been through chemotherapy as well, so I told him 'listen, there is some good news, Sol. At the end of the day, Sharon got three or four wigs when she had chemotherapy, and she's prepared to let you borrow them!'

"But listen, if anyone can overcome this, it's Sol. He's such a fighter and we all wish him well."

Bamba was a key figure under Warnock, who once quipped that the defender was better than Liverpool's Virgil van Dijk at one point.

Those comments only scratched the surface of what was a hugely successful relationship between the pair at Cardiff City Stadium, although there was the occasional high-profile fall-out.

"I just think, as a manager, you have relationships," he continued. "As I'm talking to you I've got goosepimples thinking about him and me.

"I think about him and me having a fight at Ipswich on the touchline, with me trying to stop him getting sent off.

"But believe you me, there were more good times than bad times, and we've had some really good times.

"Everybody wrote Sol off before I signed him originally, and he's done so well for me. Not just as a player, but as a person.

"He's a super person, and that's the thing to come out of this.

"He's not daft, he knows there are people worse off in the world now, and he's going to fight it like he has done everything that's been put before him.

"But like I said, if anybody can come through it, it'll be Sol, with the determination he's got. He's got that in abundance."
Attachments
Sol Bamba.jpg
Sol Bamba.jpg (68.73 KiB) Viewed 2972 times
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: NEIL WARNOCK TALKS SOL BAMBA

Postby worcester_ccfc » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:27 pm

Well said, Neil Warnock.

We all wish Sol Bamba and his family the best :thumbright: :bluebird:
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby jimmy_rat » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:58 pm

Lovely tribute.

Reading that makes me miss Warnock too.
jimmy_rat

Postby thedoctor13 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:32 pm

get well soon sol from a swans fan :bluebird: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:
thedoctor13

Postby bluesince62 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:38 pm

thedoctor13 wrote:get well soon sol from a swans fan :bluebird: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Get well soon would have sufficed,dont think sol would give a f@ck who you support,but will be grateful of all the messages of support,regardless of team affinities!!
bluesince62

Postby worcester_ccfc » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:33 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
thedoctor13 wrote:get well soon sol from a swans fan :bluebird: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Get well soon would have sufficed,dont think sol would give a f@ck who you support,but will be grateful of all the messages of support,regardless of team affinities!!

No need for that. He's put a good message across, and shouldn't be abused for doing so.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Return to General Chat