Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Former Cardiff City defender Dion Sanderson has opened up on

Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:38 pm

Former Cardiff City defender Dion Sanderson has opened up on his stuttering start to life at Sunderland.

Wednesday 13th January 2021

The Wolves right back was certainly on Cardiff's radar again back in the summer, with the club weighing up whether to bring him back to the Welsh capital again.

However, City opted for Arsenal youngster Jordi Osei-Tutu and felt it unwise to have two loan players in the same position, meaning Sanderson had to look for options elsewhere.

He dropped down to League One with Sunderland and struggled to break into the team under former manager Phil Parkinson, but has since made his mark up in the North East under new gaffer Lee Johnson.

Dion Sanderson:

"There's still a lot more to come from myself," he told ChronicleLive. "I've only recently started playing most games recently, since the gaffer has come in and shown his trust in me. It was a good game.

"Playing left back last week, it was something new to me but it's good experience for myself and I'm enjoying it.

"I was in the Championship last year playing right-back and then coming in, I'd say it's more physical in League One. It's getting used to that physicality of the players around me.

"I found it tough at the start but I'm building on it. I'm learning every day and every game is a new challenge."

Sanderson hopes that with an impressive back end to the campaign under his belt, he will be able to break into the Wolves' first team next season.

"Hopefully I can achieve my goal of playing in the Premier League for my home club," he added.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Former Cardiff City defender Dion Sanderson has opened u

Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:15 pm

Annis Dion Sanderson was playing well for us then he made a few mistakes in one game not the end of the world and then Neil Harris drops him and that was the last we seen of him hew went back to wolves I still can’t understand why Harris dropped him he really well for typical of the way some players have been treated by our manger Neil warnock did it to certain players