Nothing from the Board

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Nothing from the Board

Postby kimble » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:53 am

Why haven t the chairman come out and Tell us what is going on...the Silence is deafening
We are absolutely abysmal on the pitch.
The Manager is just bumbling through with his Press Conferences

And the Board is stum..its like they dont give a dam about the fans...because we are not contributing apart from the season Ticket Holders.
kimble

Nothing from the Board

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Nothing from the Board

Postby fred keenor » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:08 am

Absolutely spot on, but it does not surprise me, been like this for years under VT.
fred keenor

Postby Welsh Exile » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:41 am

Why would they let us know anything ?

It’s the fans that are not happy with NH and are expecting him gone.

The board or anyone from the club have not said publicly that they are unhappy with him, or even that his days are numbered.

All we have got is rumours that a so called conversation has been had about his termination that he has rejected, this hasn’t come from the club its come from a fan.

I for one don’t believe that meeting ever took place and that there were no long into the night conversation, because if there was then he would be gone by now.

That’s not to say he wont go anytime soon, its just that I don’t believe these so called meetings have taken place, not yet anyway.

For all we know the club may have had a conversation with NH and he has convinced that he can still do the job required and that its injuries that are holding him back currently, as prior to these injuries he had won 4 out of 5.
Welsh Exile

Postby kimble » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:44 am

My point is ...When was the last time this Board said anything????
kimble

Postby gazthebluebird1 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:59 am

They are usually vocal around the time season tickets go on sale.
gazthebluebird1

Postby Always City » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:14 am

Welsh Exile wrote:Why would they let us know anything ?

The board or anyone from the club have not said publicly that they are unhappy with him, or even that his days are numbered.

All we have got is rumours that a so called conversation has been had about his termination that he has rejected, this hasn’t come from the club its come from a fan.

I for one don’t believe that meeting ever took place and that there were no long into the night conversation, because if there was then he would be gone by now.

That’s not to say he wont go anytime soon, its just that I don’t believe these so called meetings have taken place, not yet anyway.

For all we know the club may have had a conversation with NH and he has convinced that he can still do the job required and that its injuries that are holding him back currently, as prior to these injuries he had won 4 out of 5.

Mate, i believe there was as Dalman himself said he expected top 6 this Jan and results have been bad, they are bound to want to move Harris out without having to pay to much money to him, common sense mate.
Always City

Postby Welsh Exile » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:31 am

Always City wrote:
Welsh Exile wrote:Why would they let us know anything ?

Mate, i believe there was as Dalman himself said he expected top 6 this Jan and results have been bad, they are bound to want to move Harris out without having to pay to much money to him, common sense mate.

I don’t disagree with you, my point is that on here we have been led to believe a meeting took place on the weekend and in another thread NH has apparently turned down 2 offers to leave, and this is why the forum is currently full of who will be in next, when is he going etc

I don’t believe that meeting or those offers are true, if so he would be gone.

Do I think a meeting is imminent along with a decision and announcement on his future, based on what Dalman said previously I would hope so, but it doesn’t mean he will definitely go, they could come out and say they are backing him !
Welsh Exile

Postby kimble » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:37 pm

Chris ...my point is they are unlikely to come out and say anything...because we are are not getting bugg.. all from them
kimble

Postby Welsh Exile » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:35 pm

kimble wrote:Chris ...my point is they are unlikely to come out and say anything...because we are are not getting bugg.. all from them

Get your point, but we don’t often here from them anyway, they do seem to be ever more distanced from the fans.

And i don’t think Neil Harris’s lack of character or charisma call it what you like helps the situation either.

Whether it was true or not Warnock would quite often say things like, I have spoken to ‘X’ board member and we all agre on etc etc - which gave us fans a sense of togetherness with the club that had been missing prior and is missing again now.
Welsh Exile

Postby skidemin » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:43 pm

kimble wrote:Why haven t the chairman come out and Tell us what is going on...the Silence is deafening
We are absolutely abysmal on the pitch.
The Manager is just bumbling through with his Press Conferences

And the Board is stum..its like they dont give a dam about the fans...because we are not contributing apart from the season Ticket Holders.

honestly got no idea what they could say mate....
they are already being criticised for all sorts and whatever would be said would be criticised too..
skidemin

Postby Sven » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:00 pm

Don't any of you think it (even slightly) odd that we've heard NOTHING publicly from Board or manager since the Forest game?

The returning ne'er-do-well 'Welsh Exile' can guesstimate and suggest all he likes but he is plain wrong; the manager's position has been discussed for some weeks

He had a (sort of) ally on the Board but that has since evaporated and the whole situation is under review to the point other potential managers have been sounded out and even interviewed

Take is as you like but it is what it is... ;)
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby JulesK » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:20 pm

Well, I quite like the silence, what's said in the boardroom stays in the boardroom, very professional way to run a business.
Keeping the Faith since '74.
JulesK

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:21 pm

Sven wrote:Don't any of you think it (even slightly) odd that we've heard NOTHING publicly from Board or manager since the Forest game?

The returning ne'er-do-well 'Welsh Exile' can guesstimate and suggest all he likes but he is plain wrong; the manager's position has been discussed for some weeks

He had a (sort of) ally on the Board but that has since evaporated and the whole situation is under review to the point other potential managers have been sounded out and even interviewed

Chris,

You are so spot on :thumbright:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby skidemin » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:50 pm

Sven wrote:Don't any of you think it (even slightly) odd that we've heard NOTHING publicly from Board or manager since the Forest game?

most would be more than shocked if the board had not discussed our results, league position and Harris future a number of times over the last couple of months...
but your suggesting here a firm decision has been made...interviews are taking place all while not only Harris still being in place but the committee havent even been able to keep a lid on it..... which tbh is shit...
i didnt think i could...but im actually feeling sorry for Harris here...
skidemin

Postby Sven » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:58 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Chris,

You are so spot on :thumbright:

Annis, unlike some, we don't purposely put out stuff for the sake of it; it is usuall backed up by factual information as it stands at point of writing

Sometimes we don't put out 'good' information for good reasons and there are parts of this saga that fall into that category

The usual suspects will knock and mock but as I said above, it is what it is and in true fashion, our Board are staying Schtum until they have something to say

What isn't 'usual' is for the manager to be so silent ON ANY MATTER; particularly with such a big game coming up on the weekend

As we know, something is afoot and it will out in due course ;)
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Sven » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:05 pm

skidemin wrote:

most would be more than shocked if the board had not discussed our results, league position and Harris future a number of times over the last couple of months...
but your suggesting here a firm decision has been made...interviews are taking place all while not only Harris still being in place but the committee havent even been able to keep a lid on it..... which tbh is shit...
i didnt think i could...but im actually feeling sorry for Harris here...

But we don't know 100% what the positon is with Harris, do we?

Is it a stand off or are they allowing him to remain 'for now'?

I can only tell you what I believe to be correct; and that is something is afoot

I have never said "He has been sacked.."
Sven

Postby davids » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:15 pm

I wonder if Harris was interviewed and lined up before Warnock left?

He was certainly installed as short price favourite almost before Warnock was out of the door and I seem to remember Jim White on talksport saying the day after Warnock left that he had heard it was going to be Harris.

Now if that was indeed the case then they probably do have somebody in mind if they decide to replace Harris.
davids

Postby boyo1927 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:21 pm

Harris was lined up by Mr warnock who personally drove to London and backed harris to the board to replace him....
boyo1927

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:36 pm

boyo1927 wrote:Harris was lined up by Mr warnock who personally drove to London and backed harris to the board to replace him....

Not true sorry, Warnock did not leave our club Committee on good terms and they were not speaking the last fews.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Welsh Exile » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:38 pm

Maybe because the press office have been furloughed - the board or the manager probably wouldn’t know how to issue a press release, so the opportunity to hear from them will be when the manager is next in front of the press - common sense when you think about it.
Welsh Exile

Postby Welsh Exile » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:48 pm

Sven wrote:The returning ne'er-do-well 'Welsh Exile' can guesstimate and suggest all he likes but he is plain wrong; the manager's position has been discussed for some weeks

As for returning I have never been away, I just don’t post often, but read all topics on a daily basis.

Regarding ne’er-do-well, I’m not sure what you mean by that as I don’t speak northern.

I should imagine that the managers position is discussed quite often at most clubs so no news there is it.
Welsh Exile

Postby Dazzy » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:04 pm

It’s useful to have the updates and know that those who posted the original details are still confident that the board are looking at the options.

It’ll be interesting as to whether Harris does a press conference on Friday, and what his responses will be, if he’s still not been sacked.

In a way, I’m pleased that the board are weighing up options. Let’s face it, Norwich is a bit of a free hit considering how we’ve been playing. Could do with getting someone in before the next game though
Who needs Cantona, when we’ve got Stantona?
Dazzy

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:21 pm

Silence Is Golden ;)
TopCat CCFC

Return to General Chat