Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: BREAKING: " TODAYS CCFC MEETING "

Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:49 am

Sven wrote:Looking from the outside in, allI can see is that the supporters are not as daft as the 'Committee' (I'd go as far as to say Mehmet Dalman) seem to think they are...

Some relevant questions not really answered and the comment "losing £3m a month" was pretty insulting and batted back with relish :clap:

Hr never said we are losing £3 million a month

He said we have a " Cash Drain "
So in reality he said it costs £3million a month to run the club

Why is this being made out to be a bad point

£36 million a year
Same as our parachute payment

Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:51 am

Bonner wrote:I do wonder what some of our fans expect?
Without Tan we would be gone..

Yes many totally unrealistic fans, if Man City's owner was here, the moaners would complain that we should be getting the top 11 players in the World, and that the club are going backwards because we haven't got Pep!

Tan is better than any owner we've ever had when it comes to backing, people need to think back to what it really was like in the past, yes it was fun because we were young, but it was in the third division with no money whatsoever, and all owners did what they wanted, and provided very little of their own money, peanuts by comparison.

Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:03 am

thomasblue wrote:
Sven wrote:Looking from the outside in, allI can see is that the supporters are not as daft as the 'Committee' (I'd go as far as to say Mehmet Dalman) seem to think they are...

Some relevant questions not really answered and the comment "losing £3m a month" was pretty insulting and batted back with relish :clap:

£36 million a year

I wasn't lucky enough to be at the meeting or be privy to its content until reading this thread...

Quote (this thread): "The fans were told that the Club is losing £3mill a month at present.

When asked does that include incomes like, Advertisement/ Sponsors/ merchandise / Sky money and parachute payments, they were told 'No they've not included them'.

So the reply was then we are not losing £3mill a month, Dalman declined to answer."

Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:26 am

Sven wrote:
thomasblue wrote:

£36 million a year

I wasn't lucky enough to be at the meeting or be privy to its content until reading this thread...

Quote (this thread): "The fans were told that the Club is losing £3mill a month at present.

When asked does that include incomes like, Advertisement/ Sponsors/ merchandise / Sky money and parachute payments, they were told 'No they've not included them'.

So the reply was then we are not losing £3mill a month, Dalman declined to answer."

Chris, originally they did say the club is losing £3mill a month and even Media Wales virtually controlled by then said Tan out another £3mill.

But when questioned Dalman would not answer about the incomes cancelling out the loss and Choo had to admit it was evening out, so no £3mill loss a month.

Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:54 am

Isaacs owned, 10% of the club before Tan diluted his shares so now Isaac only owned 2% of the club.

Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:07 am

so its clear now we are not losing money, due to the parachute payments :bluebird: :bluebird:

Next season though?

Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:09 am

Tan had a good offer but would not sell, thats me gutted with Tan gone we can get rid of Dalman he I believe is the problem he doesnt see the benefit of someone from football who knows what he is doing , look down the road Dalman, Swansea have football people like Alan Curtis and sadly look where they are.

This has upset me it shows we are badly run football terms and the business not clear why say we are losing 3 million when we are not as he doesnt include sky money and parachute payments . Dalman reminds me of Ridsdale , scary :banghead:

Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:15 am

valleyrambill wrote:Tan had a good offer but would not sell, thats me gutted with Tan gone we can get rid of Dalman he I believe is the problem he doesnt see the benefit of someone from football who knows what he is doing , look down the road Dalman, Swansea have football people like Alan Curtis and sadly look where they are.

This has upset me it shows we are badly run football terms and the business not clear why say we are losing 3 million when we are not as he doesnt include sky money and parachute payments . Dalman reminds me of Ridsdale , scary :banghead:

Mate, Dalman and Ridsdale are so similar, complete bulshitters.

Club going from bad to worse, this pr stunt has backfired on them

Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:10 am

Reply Twitter:

Wayne Phillips
@Phillips23Wayne

@AnnisAbraham
After yesterday's meeting it appears a lot more going on than just unconfident players losing games maybe NH &his staff failed to keep the day to day running problems of the club away from the squad The board also needs to be aware of impact throughout the club #BigJob

Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:56 am

Valleyrambill, I'm with you all the way on this, Mr Tan always seems to be under the cosh off certain people but I think those two, Choo and Dalman have been pulling the wool over his eyes for a long time !!!!

PS. Before the flak, I know folk will say " Tan should be on top of this his business" but he cannot watch everything all the time and there are much bigger businesses to watch than us especially when he thinks he has two trusted employees there.

Get shot of both is my view.

Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:08 pm

valleyrambill wrote:Tan had a good offer but would not sell, thats me gutted with Tan gone we can get rid of Dalman he I believe is the problem he doesnt see the benefit of someone from football who knows what he is doing , look down the road Dalman, Swansea have football people like Alan Curtis and sadly look where they are.

Firstly, Peter Ridsdale (love him or hate him) was a football man...

The offer made to Vincent Tan was genuine and acceptable (to him) one that met his pre-conditions. However, the circumstances surrounding that specific bid were not to Tan's liking, so he pulled the plug

Good for the club or not? We'll all have our opinions based on what we know or don't know about said offer but at that point only one counted...Vincent Tan's

Mehmet Dalman, as many on here have commented, is a bit of a 'Sade' (for those who remember her); a smooth operator, who would do well in politics, such is his steering of responses to questions. I have met him occasionally at games and he certainly comes across like that

Ken Choo, more money man at the club, is probably one of the more genuine and nicest people I have ever met at the club and elsewhere. Polite, intelligent and responsive (to a measured point) to decent questions asked

We are not losing £3m a month; that one was put to bed at the meeting and the truth is we are roughly breaking even at this time, even with the pandemic. An awful lot of clubs will wish they were in that position right now, despite us requesting the £8m+ 'loan' from the EFL to help with claimed 'cash flow' issues

As I said elsewhere, I wasn't at the meeting, so not privy to all of what was said; but if only some of the things I have heard were anywhere near the truth, I think Colin Crompton (played by Dalman) would have been happy to hear the rotary bell ring 'last orders' 'on behalf of the Committeh' at 'The Wheeltappers and Shunters Social Club'
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:15 pm

Sven wrote:

Firstly, Peter Ridsdale (love him or hate him) was a football man...

The offer made to Vincent Tan was genuine and acceptable (to him) one that met his pre-conditions. However, the circumstances surrounding that specific bid were not to Tan's liking, so he pulled the plug

Good for the club or not? We'll all have our opinions based on what we know or don't know about said offer but at that point only one counted...Vincent Tan's

Mehmet Dalman, as many on here have commented, is a bit of a 'Sade' (for those who remember her); a smooth operator, who would do well in politics, such is his steering of responses to questions. I have met him occasionally at games and he certainly comes across like that

Ken Choo, more money man at the club, is probably one of the more genuine and nicest people I have ever met at the club and elsewhere. Polite, intelligent and responsive (to a measured point) to decent questions asked

We are not losing £3m a month; that one was put to bed at the meeting and the truth is we are roughly breaking even at this time, even with the pandemic. An awful lot of clubs will wish they were in that position right now, despite us requesting the £8m+ 'loan' from the EFL to help with claimed 'cash flow' issues

The 'problem' (for Vincent Tan and the club as a whole) surely lies next season, when (like the club down the road) the 'parachute payments stop and we once again have to fend for ourselves with limited sponsorship and season ticket money due to big discounts from this season? :?

As I said elsewhere, I wasn't at the meeting, so not privy to all of what was said; but if only some of the things I have heard were anywhere near the truth, I think Colin Crompton (played by Dalman) would have been happy to hear the rotary bell ring 'last orders' 'on behalf of the Committeh' at 'The Wheeltappers and Shunters Social Club'

An odd decision to call the meeting IMHO; and one that certainly appears to have bit the 'Committeh' on the backside

Re: UPDATE: " TODAYS CCFC MEETING "

Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:22 pm

[quote="Forever Blue"]Apparently Vincent Tan / CCFC are involved in 3 serious Court Cases, could cost Cardiff City £50million and the words the cases have turned nasty was used and City could lose all 3 cases.

Michael Isaacs suing for £10mill for his 2% stake in CCFC.

If Michael Isaacs values his 2% stake in the club at £10m (which I guess is his right?) - would this suggest he values the club at £500m ???

I am not sure I share his valuation

Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:26 pm

Forever Blue wrote:The fans were told that the Club is losing £3mill a month at present.

When asked does that include incomes like, Advertisement/ Sponsors/ merchandise / Sky money and parachute payments, they were told No theyve not included them.

So the reply was then we are not losing £3mill a month, Dalman declined to answer.

Vince has put on Facebook he said losing £1.5 million a month and that Tan had sent a cheque for £3 million.

Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:34 pm

maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:The fans were told that the Club is losing £3mill a month at present.

When asked does that include incomes like, Advertisement/ Sponsors/ merchandise / Sky money and parachute payments, they were told No theyve not included them.

So the reply was then we are not losing £3mill a month, Dalman declined to answer.

Vince has put on Facebook he said losing £1.5 million a month and that Tan had sent a cheque for £3 million.

I have read and Vince, Neil has only put up some of the questions and answers and when Dalman was asked what about the income , he would not reply and then Choo admitted the income covered the outgoings for this season.

I have seen the video of it all and Vince has not put up all
of it including Dalman very rude to Vince.

Plus much much more.

Vince has only put 25% of what was said out.

No mention of being turned down by high profile manager.

The money that’s come into the club hasn’t been mentioned parachute money season ticket money sponsors tv income none of that has been mentioned and was at the meeting.

I have heard and read and seen much more.
Not a very comfortable meeting.

Neil Dalman even asked if they could scrub away a lot that was said.

Vince has also put out Cardiff could go bankrupt if we lose Sala case, well I thought we had already put that money aside???

Below is one of the main Trust member & Supporters Organiser both posting after they had been involved in yesterdays meeting.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:44 pm

Massive backlash over this meeting, particularly aimed at Dalman. He Hasnt come across well at all.

Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:51 pm

thomasblue wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:"I want bigger things and a bigger club...... more ambitious than the club"

A damning statement of what we've become.

Question: should we match a managers ambition if it is higher than the club's ambition?

Or the guy in question has overly inflated opinion of himself and sees himself as being better than he is. I'm assuming its Eddie Howe, funny how he's not had a job in the premier league since leaving. He will end up in Scotland then on the merry go round with the others

100% agree.

Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:43 pm

Paul Keevil wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Apparently Vincent Tan / CCFC are involved in 3 serious Court Cases, could cost Cardiff City £50million and the words the cases have turned nasty was used and City could lose all 3 cases.

If Michael Isaacs values his 2% stake in the club at £10m (which I guess is his right?) - would this suggest he values the club at £500m ???

I am not sure I share his valuation

thats the whole point of his claim..... his stake was 10% , which has been diluted to 2% and therefore not worth what it was or should be worth...

Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:49 pm

"The offer made to Vincent Tan was genuine and acceptable (to him) one that met his pre-conditions. However, the circumstances surrounding that specific bid were not to Tan's liking, so he pulled the plug"

Maybe he didn't believe the prospective buyers had the best interests of the club at heart or felt that they didn't have a realistic chance of meeting the league's "fit and proper person" criteria (Hammam ?).

The truth is none of us know, or are ever likely to know, the full details and therefore have to accept that decision.

My feeling is that there are a number of people previously involved in the club who are angling to get back in and Tan just will not countenance that (a position that I would agree with on the face of it).

I'm not sure how speculating and guessing will assist on this matter.

Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:55 pm

piledriver64 wrote:"The offer made to Vincent Tan was genuine and acceptable (to him) one that met his pre-conditions. However, the circumstances surrounding that specific bid were not to Tan's liking, so he pulled the plug"

Maybe he didn't believe the prospective buyers had the best interests of the club at heart or felt that they didn't have a realistic chance of meeting the league's "fit and proper person" criteria (Hammam ?).

The truth is none of us know, or are ever likely to know, the full details and therefore have to accept that decision.

My feeling is that there are a number of people previously involved in the club who are angling to get back in and Tan just will not countenance that (a position that I would agree with on the face of it).

I told everyone all this many times on here, about the club and sale and sold virtually, but no one believed and now its finally come out.

I can tell you for a fact Tan did not do it for the best interests of our club, he puled out because it was personal.

We were sold twice, the other time to an American group all agreed until they found out more on our debts/finances and they pulled out.

And who said Sam????

Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:56 pm

piledriver64 wrote:"The offer made to Vincent Tan was genuine and acceptable (to him) one that met his pre-conditions. However, the circumstances surrounding that specific bid were not to Tan's liking, so he pulled the plug"

why are you assuming that Sam would not be considered fit and proper ?
that is speculating....
im not pro or anti Sam ....but people say things like you just have regular as if its a given and everyone knows...but never with any meat on the bones....

Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:16 pm

If he's reluctant or unable to fund the club sufficiently to develop it then it might be a good idea to sell up.

The contradiction here is plain as day. If you owned a business that was draining your funds, why wouldn't you sell it ? Cut your losses.

If his investments are fuelled solely by his love for the club , the city and its people, why the **** does he trample all over its identity and not engage in any way whatsoever with its supporters ?

I think, and this is only judging him on his actions, that he wants to own the club outright, have complete control, get it into the premier league and gain great notoriety back in Malaysia and around the world.

The problem is with such singleminded people, they will never be put off and will never be swayed from attaining their goal. Even when it is clear to everyone else that they lack the know-how to achieve this goal.

I think he has the means to keep the club bumbling along. But he will never build anything because he doesn't understand how to build something like this. He doesn't understand football, the people or the club. And neither does Mehmet for that matter.

Just to be clear , we are not talking about dishing out money, we are talking about running a football club.

Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:18 pm

The way the Club is run really leaves much to be desired.

So a, 'meeting,' was deemed needful with the Club's fans. I wonder what prompted this vital transformation in thinking from those in the corridors of power. It couldn't be a WoL article, could it? Secondly, what were the qualifications to deem those invited worthy of admittance to this meeting?

Clearly the worthy are of far more importance in the eyes of the Club than Shareholders of the Club who are ignored. I'd write to the Club but there's no point. I'm still waiting a reply to a letter I sent 5 yrs ago.

Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:24 pm

So Vinny had a "good" offer to sell the club but didn't budge?

It would be really interesting and helpful if it were revealed why he did not sell.

Is it a) because he wants a "great" offer and a "good" offer falls way short? (If so, he's inhabiting cloud cuckoo land once again, just like he did with his whacko red idea!)

Or, b) because he's still got some sort of weird and wonderful plan to hoist Cardiff into a top top club on a shoestring budget and with a dearth of good personnel at the helm?

Or, c) is he indulging some deep rooted Freudian obsession?

Whichever way he doesn't feel inclined to share the big picture with us mere fans. Are we all just stuck in limbo with him and his inner demons?

Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:56 pm

skidemin wrote:

that is speculating....
im not pro or anti Sam ....but people say things like you just have regular as if its a given and everyone knows...but never with any meat on the bones....

Wimbledon is good enough reason that makes him not fit or proper ask their fans! Langston us another! Would you trust a guy who made club lose ground for profit council didn't
trust him.... and a guy who is suing club? Langston=sam, as for others well we know nothing about them for anyone to form opinion ...

Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:01 pm

:sleepy2:
pembroke allan wrote:
skidemin wrote:

that is speculating....

Wimbledon is good enough reason that makes him not fit or proper ask their fans! Langston us another! Would you trust a guy who made club lose ground for profit council didn't
trust him.... and a guy who is suing club? Langston=sam, as for others well we know nothing about them for anyone to form opinion ...

Allan,

Wimbledon never ever relegated under Sam , 4 promotions , stayed in Prem and always midd table on crowds of 6,000-9,000.

Beat Liverpool FA Cup Final
Sam had actually sold to Norwegians when it all went wrong.

But who said it’s Sam????

Langston beat Tan your hero in court.
As did DJ, Ole, Riddler etc etc

And now more court cases

Allan, you must hate it now the truth is starting to come out about your Red leader Tan and Dalman :lol: :lol:

How come under your hero we are always in court and always lose costing our Club millions????

Now Dalman is sting we will go bankrupt if we lose Sala case???
I thought we already had the money???

Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:12 pm

If Tan's reluctant or unable to fund the club sufficiently to develop it then it might be a good idea to sell up.

Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:14 pm

If Dalman is saying all this, then how the f**k have we ended up in all this trouble, court cases, costs, not selling to a good offer, f*cking hell.
No wonder the clubs going backwards, for fucks sake :evil:

Apparently Vincent Tan / CCFC are involved in 3 serious Court Cases, could cost Cardiff City £50million and the words the cases have turned nasty was used and City could lose all 3 cases.

Emiliano Sala case could end up costing CCFC up to £25mill

Langston suing for up to £15mill for an agreement Tan signed with them and has not been resolved.

Tan had a offer to sell the club, but turned it down, hmmm.
They actually said it was a good offer as well.

Dalman received this question with a degree of impatience. He stated that VT had received offers to buy the club, one of which he considered to be generous but was turned down by VT.

Chairman Dalman and another CCFC representative had to go to France just before Xmas to make a statement to the Police over Emiliano Sala.

The senior partner from the law firm (Capital Law) acting for the club in the dispute between CCFC and Nantes was at the meeting and said that they were continuing to build up evidence in support of the club’s defence against the Nantes claim for Emiliano Sala transfer fee.

Vincent Tan Conversion of Debt to Equity

The issue of the five-year deadline for the promised conversion of debt to equity will be in February 2021. The meeting recognised that Tan had taken significant steps towards this goal had been made. However, Choo confirmed that no further conversions had been made since the last set of accounts.

Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:22 pm

Ninian27 wrote:The way the Club is run really leaves much to be desired.

So a, 'meeting,' was deemed needful with the Club's fans. I wonder what prompted this vital transformation in thinking from those in the corridors of power. It couldn't be a WoL article, could it? Secondly, what were the qualifications to deem those invited worthy of admittance to this meeting?

Clearly the worthy are of far more importance in the eyes of the Club than Shareholders of the Club who are ignored. I'd write to the Club but there's no point. I'm still waiting a reply to a letter I sent 5 yrs ago.

Hello, Ninian27,

It was so kind of you to re-post my message, taken from Mike Morris' message board (date/time of posting: 25/01/21 ... 20:55) under your name on here. It is courtesy to ask permission first and/or note the name of the original poster's name when doing so. Thank-you.

StT.
<><

Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:22 pm

BBC

18TH JULY 2013

Cardiff City FC will soon be 'debt-free' says owner Vincent Tan

Cardiff City owner Vincent Tan says he is "days away from Cardiff City debt free."

We eventually ended up nearly £200mill in debt due to how our club has been run and in 2021 we are still £78mill in debt.

Yet 2 promotions / merchandise / sponsorship brought in nearly £400mill.