A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 02/02/21

Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:34 pm

UPDATED: Tuesday 2nd February 2021

UK

9,646,715 Mill Total Vaccines :thumbright:

Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:11 pm

montyblue wrote:We will be chasing our tails with new variants for ever until we stop all flights all over the world for 2/3 months
apart from freight no holidays no buisness meetings they can all be done without face to face meetings every country deals with there own variants
rather than flying them around the world
If we had no aeroplanes flying the disease would not have left china .

If you believe that you are told the truth about "new variants", essentially your Government can lock, unlock and lock again at their will.

I believe at the moment they are treading a fine line......because furlough cannot go on for ever. I have already been told by many of my Clients, I run a payroll business, that they have earmarked so many reduntancies when furlough stops. At present they are just keeping employees on and taking a relatively small hit on Employer NI & Employer Pension contributions. They are doing this because they care about the employees, even though they know they will have no job to go back to.

Already noises are coming out about the actual vaccine effacacy against new variants! At some stage we will have to bite the bullet and face up to economic reality. :bluebird:

Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:10 am

TheHangedMan wrote:
montyblue wrote:We will be chasing our tails with new variants for ever until we stop all flights all over the world for 2/3 months
apart from freight no holidays no buisness meetings they can all be done without face to face meetings every country deals with there own variants
rather than flying them around the world
If we had no aeroplanes flying the disease would not have left china .

If you believe that you are told the truth about "new variants", essentially your Government can lock, unlock and lock again at their will.

I believe at the moment they are treading a fine line......because furlough cannot go on for ever. I have already been told by many of my Clients, I run a payroll business, that they have earmarked so many reduntancies when furlough stops. At present they are just keeping employees on and taking a relatively small hit on Employer NI & Employer Pension contributions. They are doing this because they care about the employees, even though they know they will have no job to go back to.

Already noises are coming out about the actual vaccine effacacy against new variants! At some stage we will have to bite the bullet and face up to economic reality. :bluebird:

Good post fella.

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 03/02/21

Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:22 pm

UPDATED: Wednesday 3rd February 2021

UK

10,021,71 Mill Vaccinated :thumbright: :thumbright:

New deaths 1,322

19,202 New positives

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 04/02/21

Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:08 am

Covid: UK 'past this peak' but infections still 'alarmingly high' -

The UK is "past the peak" of the current wave of the pandemic but infection rates are still high, England's chief medical officer says.

Prof Chris Whitty said the number of cases, hospitalisations and deaths were on a "downward slope" but that did not mean there would not be another peak.

Boris Johnson praised the "colossal" effort to vaccinate 10 million people, including 90% of those aged over 75.

But the NHS was still under "huge pressure", the prime minister said.

Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:48 pm

UPDATED: Thursday 4th February 2021

UK

TOTAL VACCINATED 10,490,487 MILL :thumbright: :thumbright:

Coronavirus Cases:

Total Deaths:

Total Recovered:

Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:33 pm

Forever Blue wrote:UPDATED: Thursday 4th February 2021

UK

Coronavirus Cases:

Total Deaths:

Total Recovered:

I'll ask the question again as it was not answered on my last request......where are these figures coming from?

It would be quite easy for me to type out figures.....but I would soon be asked "What is your source?"

A simple mathematical equation looking at the figures above would tell me that out of the total "reported" cases, sadly there have been 110,250 deaths ("with covid").

But more worringly nearly 2,000,000 people have caught the virus and have not recovered! Are they expected to die or survive?

Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:02 am

TheHangedMan wrote:

UK

Coronavirus Cases:

Total Deaths:

Total Recovered:

I'll ask the question again as it was not answered on my last request......where are these figures coming from?

It would be quite easy for me to type out figures.....but I would soon be asked "What is your source?"

A simple mathematical equation looking at the figures above would tell me that out of the total "reported" cases, sadly there have been 110,250 deaths ("with covid").

But more worringly nearly 2,000,000 people have caught the virus and have not recovered! Are they expected to die or survive?

im guessing a bit here... the worldometers site has been giving numbers of recovered out since last March along with cases, deaths etc.....for most countries but not the UK...ours were missing the recovered numbers until quire recently but are there now... assume its from that site ?
recovered .... you roll up for a test not because your feeling ill but because your wife has covid... your positive so isolate for the required amount of time ... who comes around to see if youve recovered from not being ill ? its an educated guess mate... your not dead, not in hospital so after x amount of time your moved onto the recovered list..

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 05/02/21

Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:05 am

Covid: UK hotel quarantine to start on 15 February -

UK residents returning from coronavirus hotspots abroad will have to quarantine in hotels from 15 February, the government has confirmed.

Hotel owners will be asked to provide rooms for more than 1,000 new people every day, documents suggest.

Passengers will have to stay in their rooms for 10 nights, with security guards accompanying if they go outside.

Labour called the measures "too little, too late" to deal properly with new overseas strains of Covid.

"It is beyond comprehension that these measures won't even start until 15 February," said shadow home secretary Nick Thomas-Symonds.

The rules will apply to UK nationals and residents returning to the country from 30 "red list" Covid-19 hotspots - including several South American and African countries where new Covid variants have been detected in large numbers of people - and passengers will be expected to pay for the cost of the accommodation.

Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:19 pm

UPDATED: Friday 5th February 2021

UK

10,971,047 Mill people vaccinated :thumbright: :thumbright:

New deaths 1,014

Total deaths 111,264

Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:55 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:

UK

Coronavirus Cases:

Total Deaths:

Total Recovered:

I have asked the same question several times,only to be met with silence,we certainly were not recording them until recently,or they most definitely were not being published?? As you say, are there 2m people walking around with the virus somewhere as the figures are showing?

Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:34 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:

UK

Coronavirus Cases:

Total Deaths:

Total Recovered:

I have asked the same question several times,only to be met with silence,we certainly were not recording them until recently,or they most definitely were not being published?? As you say, are there 2m people walking around with the virus somewhere as the figures are showing?

its a bullshit figure, nobody is checking which not ill positives have recovered....pretty obvious this is the case in most countries looking at the figures since March.. no there are nor 2.060,000 million people in hospital... there are 50k the other 2mill have either recovered or at home isolating ,some ill some not so,,but not needing hospitalisation...

Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:28 pm

Covid: All over-50s in UK to be offered vaccine by May -

All adults aged 50 and over should have been offered a coronavirus vaccine by May, Downing Street has confirmed.

Previously ministers had said it was their "ambition" to vaccinate the first nine priority groups by the spring.

The UK had given a first jab to nearly 11 million people as of Thursday and is aiming to reach 15 million vaccinations by 15 February.

Health Secretary Matt Hancock said a lot of things would "have to go right" to hit the May target for all over-50s.

He said supply was the "most difficult" limiting factor in the roll out.

But he said the government was on track to vaccinate the first four priority groups by the middle of the month, these include the over-70s, frontline health and care workers and the clinically extremely vulnerable.

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 06/02/21

Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:21 pm

UPDATED: Saturday 6th February 2021

UK

Coronavirus Cases:

Deaths:

Recovered:

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 07/02/21

Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:06 am

Covid vaccinations: Wales leads the UK on first vaccine dose rate -

Wales has overtaken England to lead the UK on the rate of the population getting a first dose of Covid vaccine.

More than 550,000 people in the top priority groups have been given their first doses of Covid vaccines in Wales.

It means 17.7% of the Welsh population has been vaccinated, compared to 17.5 % of the population in England, 14.4% in Scotland and 15.3% in Northern Ireland.

There had been criticism that the vaccination rollout in Wales had faced a slower start than the rest of the UK.

But it is now vaccinating more people per head of population than other UK nations, based on a daily rolling average of first doses.

Wales' aim is to ensure just under 750,000 people - including health workers and people aged over 70 - get a first dose by mid-February.

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 08/02/21

Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:04 am

Covid: More than 12 million in UK have had first jab -

More than 12 million people in the UK have now had at least one dose of a Covid vaccine, after 550,000 first jabs were given out on Saturday.

The government is aiming to offer first doses to 15 million people in the top four priority groups by 15 February.

At the current rate, about 16 million people would receive a first jab by that date.

The UK's daily Covid cases continue to fall, but remain high - with another 15,845 reported on Sunday.

Another 373 people in the UK have died within 28 days of a positive Covid test, the data also showed. Fewer deaths tend to be reported on Sundays, due to a reporting lag over the weekend.

The update on vaccine progress comes as scientists say early trials suggest Oxford-AstraZeneca's jab offers "minimal protection" against mild disease from the South Africa variant.

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 08/02/21

Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:15 pm

UPDATED: Monday 8th February 2021

UK

TOTAL VACCINATIONS 12,294,006 MILLION :thumbright: :thumbright:

14,104 New cases of the virus

New deaths 333

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 09/02/21

Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:04 am

Covid: Boris Johnson 'very confident' in vaccines being used in UK -

Boris Johnson says he is "very confident" in the Covid vaccines being used in the UK, amid concerns about the Oxford-AstraZeneca jab's effectiveness against the South Africa variant.

The vaccines are effective in delivering a high degree of protection against serious illness, the PM said.

A small study found the Oxford jab gave "minimal protection" against mild disease from the South Africa variant.

But scientists are confident it will protect against serious disease.

Some 147 cases of the South Africa variant have been found in the UK.

However, the Oxford vaccine has shown to provide good protection against the so-called Kent variant, which remains the dominant strain in the UK.

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 10/02/21

Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:26 am

Covid-19: Travellers face £1,750 cost for England quarantine hotels -

Travellers having to stay in quarantine hotels in England will be charged £1,750 for their stay, Health Secretary Matt Hancock has announced.

The measures, which come into force on Monday, apply to UK and Irish residents returning from 33 red list countries.

Those who fail to quarantine in a government-sanctioned hotel for 10 days face fines of up to £10,000.

Meanwhile, all travellers arriving into Scotland from abroad by air will have to go into quarantine hotels.

People travelling from red list countries to Wales and Northern Ireland will be required to book and pay for quarantine in England, as neither destination currently has any direct international flights.

Travellers arriving into England who lie on their passenger locator forms about visiting a red list country face a fine of £10,000 or up to 10 years in jail.

Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:22 am

Does anyone on here remember in olden times when we were told that the arrival of vaccines and their roll-out would herald the slow but steady return to normal life.

Since then UK Governments have ramped up restrictions, dismissed earlier comments regarding relaxation of control measures, started a campaign to inform the masses of every single variant of COVID and the threats they bring - partly due to the vaccine's 'not protecting against them', issuing 10 year prison sentences for lying about which Country you have arrived from - sentences heavier that are given to someone who knifes another person to death. There was even a S.A.G.E. 'doctor' on the TV yesterday who said we will never 'return to normal' because COVID will always be here, and 'preventative measures such as wearing face masks and social distancing will become our way of life''.

I think most folk would say at some time 'enough's enough , let's just get on with life.' Seems the Doctors and Government have other ideas..

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 07/02/21

Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:03 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Covid vaccinations: Wales leads the UK on first vaccine dose rate -

Wales has overtaken England to lead the UK on the rate of the population getting a first dose of Covid vaccine.

More than 550,000 people in the top priority groups have been given their first doses of Covid vaccines in Wales.

It means 17.7% of the Welsh population has been vaccinated, compared to 17.5 % of the population in England, 14.4% in Scotland and 15.3% in Northern Ireland.

There had been criticism that the vaccination rollout in Wales had faced a slower start than the rest of the UK.

But it is now vaccinating more people per head of population than other UK nations, based on a daily rolling average of first doses.

Wales' aim is to ensure just under 750,000 people - including health workers and people aged over 70 - get a first dose by mid-February.

I'm not over 70 but had a letter last week to get a vaccine jab Monday. When I went the queue was huge but fast moving. Well impressed with efficiency of the nurses, army and volunteers who kept the throughput high.

Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:21 pm

I'm nowhere near 70 years 9ld but have a few underlying health issues and I'm getting my mind control jab tomorrow

Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:59 pm

UPDATED: Wednesday 10th February 2021

UK

Over 13 Million have now received Vaccination :thumbright: :thumbright:

Total Deaths 114,851

1,001 New Deaths

13,013 New Cases

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 11/02/21

Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:01 am

Covid: Wales first UK nation to vaccinate 20% of population -

Wales is the first UK nation to vaccinate more than 20% of its population from Covid, the first minister has said.

Mark Drakeford tweeted that it is also "one of the first countries in the world to do so".

More than 655,000 people in the top priority groups have been given their first doses of Covid vaccines.

That is 20.8% of Wales' population and compares to 19.7% in England, 18% in Scotland and 17.6% in Northern Ireland.

On Saturday, Wales overtook the other UK nations for the first time in the percentage of the population getting a first dose of the vaccine.

There had previously been criticism that the vaccination rollout in Wales had faced a slower start than the rest of the UK.

Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:35 pm

I've heard of a few instances of people in Cardiff under age 65 having been vaccinated this week.
They simply phoned the main vaccination centre line and said they had received an 'alert' on their mobile to contact the number for the jab.(no check of this was done)
On contacting the vaccination centre, they confirmed their name, date of birth and name of next of kin and booked them in for a jab the following day.
Seemed to me a little unethical on the basis that many older people in groups 1 to 5 (age 65+), or others with health issues in group 6 hadn't been contacted to date.
Shows how desperate and perhaps selfish some people are to queue jump for the jab.

Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:26 pm

UPDATED: Thursday 11th February 2021

UK

Vaccinated so far 13,509,108 MILL :thumbright: :thumbright:

678 New deaths

13,394 New virus

Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:16 am

Covid: Wales first in UK to reach February vaccine target -

Wales will be the first UK nation to have offered the top four priority groups a Covid jab, the Welsh Government has said.

Within hours, officials say, all over 70s including care home residents, will have been offered a first dose.

Wales and the other UK nations have aimed to hit the target by mid-February.

First Minister Mark Drakeford thanked "everyone who had been working around the clock to reach this point".

The news follows a warning that vaccine supplies will fall in the coming weeks.

The UK Government's Welsh Secretary Simon Hart said Wales' milestone was a testament to the continued effort made by NHS and military staff.

The country currently leads the UK in the percentage of the population that has received a first jab - at least 684,097 doses have been given out.

Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:14 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Covid: Wales first in UK to reach February vaccine target -

Wales will be the first UK nation to have offered the top four priority groups a Covid jab, the Welsh Government has said.

Within hours, officials say, all over 70s including care home residents, will have been offered a first dose.

Wales and the other UK nations have aimed to hit the target by mid-February.

First Minister Mark Drakeford thanked "everyone who had been working around the clock to reach this point".

The news follows a warning that vaccine supplies will fall in the coming weeks.

The UK Government's Welsh Secretary Simon Hart said Wales' milestone was a testament to the continued effort made by NHS and military staff.

I think the praise for the Welsh roll out has been a tad over the top. Wales is roughly a twentieth of England's population. It's far easier to manage a smaller operation - though what it says for Scotland's efforts is another thing.
The country currently leads the UK in the percentage of the population that has received a first jab - at least 684,097 doses have been given out.

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 12/02/21

Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:06 pm

UPDATED: Friday 12th February 2021

UK

Total Vaccinated so far 14,012,224 :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:

15,144 New Cases

758 New deaths

116,287 Total Deaths

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 13/02/21

Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:42 am

Covid: Virus cases are going down across the UK -

Levels of Covid are going down in all nations of the UK, figures from the Office for National Statistics show.

The data is more evidence lockdown is controlling the virus, even with the more infectious variants circulating - although the health secretary said there is "still a long way to go".

The latest R number, estimated to be between 0.7 and 0.9, also suggests infection numbers are shrinking.

This is the first time since July that R has been this low.

It means, on average, every 10 people infected pass it on to between seven and nine other people.

Experts warn that infection levels remain high, however.