Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Harry Wilson VT sign him up

Postby TopCat CCFC » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:49 pm

:thumbup:
TopCat CCFC

Postby maccydee » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:20 pm

Sadly a number of reasons why not.

Mainly his price tag which we couldn’t afford in the championship but also the fact I doubt he would come to us permanently in the championship.
maccydee

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:35 pm

Big Hill Blue wrote:No brainer.

Only a possibility if we go up and even then I’m not sure.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Sam ReaN » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:41 pm

Unfortunately a handful of clubs are already in line to buy him so i guess our chances are very slim if we want him permanently.
Also On The Sam ReaN YouTube Channel
Cardiff City Highlights On Bits From The Action
The ReaN Show Series 1-6
CardiffFanTV / On Facebook & YouTube
Vlogging Adventures
Video Games
SUBSCRIBE IN 2024
Sam ReaN

Postby Crayfish » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:43 pm

Only way we would get him is if we are promoted to the premier this season and not neccasary even if that happens.
Crayfish

Postby worcester_ccfc » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:44 pm

Good goal for him tonight and caused Luton a few problems.

But for the money he'd cost and his wages, he's just not worth it.

I know some of our fans think the sun shines out of his arse because he's Welsh, but the move doesn't make sense financially.

He still has two years left on his Liverpool contract. Last year they wanted £20m for him.

Even if that was halved to £10m, it wouldn't be a good deal for a player that has been very inconsistent this season.

People seem to only remember his good moment for us this season, but they've been few and far between.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:47 pm

If we went up would be in the realms of possibility. We spent £11M on Murphy and I think we would get him at around a similar price tag.

Its a bloody big if though.
I'm just a wine drinking monkey that has a penchant for fine bannanas. You can check out my human alter-ego singing and speaking nonsense on the you tube if you like @ https://www.youtube.com/user/sibaronimusic
ealing_ayatollah

Postby boyo1927 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:47 pm

[quote="worcester_ccfc"]Good goal for him tonight and caused Luton a few problems.

I know some of our fans think the sun shines out of his arse because he's Welsh, but the move doesn't make sense financially.

He still has two years left on his Liverpool contract. Last year they wanted £20m for him.

Even if that was halved to £10m, it wouldn't be a good deal for a player that has been very inconsistent this season.

People seem to only remember his good moment for us this season, but they've been few and far between.[/quote]

Absolute rubbish mate sorry but 10m for Wilson is a bargain....we only have a chance if we get promoted though....
boyo1927

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:48 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Good goal for him tonight and caused Luton a few problems.

People seem to only remember his good moment for us this season, but they've been few and far between.

I do see what you mean but my thinking would be that we would still adapt a very physical approach based on set pieces etc and his dead ball delivery could be key.
£20m I’d say no way but I’d take a chance on £8-10
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Ponty Bluebird » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:49 pm

boyo1927 wrote:

Absolute rubbish mate sorry but 10m for Wilson is a bargain....we only have a chance if we get promoted though....

You beat me to it fella :thumbup:
Ponty Bluebird

Postby Pulisnewport » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:56 pm

If we went up? He wouldn’t be as much as everyone keeps stating! He’d be a far better player in the PL for any club. Let’s just wait, he’s here, playing for us and if things went our way, who knows. I know one thing if we went up the club would want to keep him. :ayatollah:
Pulisnewport

Postby worcester_ccfc » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:57 pm

boyo1927 wrote:

It's not a fair price, he's not worth that amount of money.

People act as if he's been tearing up the league all season, but he hasn't.

In fact, he's been mostly poor this season.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

Postby worcester_ccfc » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:59 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

I do see what you mean but my thinking would be that we would still adapt a very physical approach based on set pieces etc and his dead ball delivery could be key.

I just think a lot of our fans have rose-tinted glasses on when it comes to Wilson, purely down to the fact that he's Welsh.

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

Postby HarriRhys22 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:23 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

I just think a lot of our fans have rose-tinted glasses on when it comes to Wilson, purely down to the fact that he's Welsh.

Because we’re a Welsh club he picked us over many other clubs who wanted him! If we were promoted it would be a no brainer to sign Wilson and Ojo at the right price?
HarriRhys22

Postby englishbluebird » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:27 pm

He nearly went to Burnley but Liverpool were really stubborn with the high price tag. I agree with Worcester to be honest, i dont think he has been great this season at all. Excellent goal tonight mind. :bluescarf:
"Like we give a f**k about the Carling Cup"-6Bysedd
englishbluebird

Postby boyo1927 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:33 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
boyo1927 wrote:

No rose tinted glasses mate most people are clearly able to see how good Wilson is....he was terrible under harris but was part of an overall team that was performing poorly. At times you could see he is on another level of football thinking and his premiership ability is plainly obvious. 10m would be a.must signing if we go up
boyo1927

Postby TopCat CCFC » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:37 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:If we went up would be in the realms of possibility. We spent £11M on Murphy and I think we would get him at around a similar price tag.

Its a bloody big if though.

David Brooks went for the same sort of money in 2018 .
TopCat CCFC

Postby worcester_ccfc » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:06 am

HarriRhys22 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Because we’re a Welsh club he picked us over many other clubs who wanted him! If we were promoted it would be a no brainer to sign Wilson and Ojo at the right price?

I don't think those other clubs will be that bothered they missed out on him, given his performances this season.

I'll be surprised if he is available for anything less than £10m. That wouldn't be the right price.

Sheyi Ojo would cost far less. If he continues to play well and contribute goals/assists as he has done, that may be a good signing.

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

Postby worcester_ccfc » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:08 am

boyo1927 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
boyo1927 wrote:

No rose tinted glasses mate most people are clearly able to see how good Wilson is....he was terrible under harris but was part of an overall team that was performing poorly. At times you could see he is on another level of football thinking and his premiership ability is plainly obvious. 10m would be a.must signing if we go up

To be honest, I don't agree with that.

Good players in poor teams (or poor management) stick out like a sore thumb. Wilson didn't.

When the going got tough, a lot of the time he didn't look interested. It was the same at Bournemouth last season - which is why as the season went on, he hardly started.

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

Postby Sven » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:20 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Only a possibility if we go up and even then I’m not sure.

There's whisper of a deal in place, if we were to be promoted? :?
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Danny Says » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:43 am

Some people just can’t help themselves getting carried away :roll:
Danny Says

Postby Big Hill Blue » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:28 am

Danny Says wrote:

Some people just can’t help themselves getting carried away :roll:

I like getting carried away, over optimistic and excited when talking about the team I love. :bluescarf: :bluebird:

:D
Big Hill Blue

Postby bluebird04 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:28 pm

did he really pick us over other clubs, from what i remember, it was us and swansea in for him, (i know our club have said we dont pay his wage) but swansea dropped out of the deal due to the fact they couldnt afford either the fee or the wage.

secondly, its feb now. and it looks like its ONLY now he's actually enjoying playing. if i was him, would i really want to come and play at cardiff. if big mick does well, he'll get the job for 2 years tops, things will go bad, he'll get the sack, and we'll hire another dinosaur who plays lump it football because as dalman has said "we've tried with young managers and it failed" (btw i am happy with mick, before anyone says im anti-mick)

if i was harry, and i was serious about playing football, it would be a lower end premier league team. if none come in for him, then swansea would be the best place for his development (as much as i hate to say it)
bluebird04

Postby skidemin » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:46 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
boyo1927 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
boyo1927 wrote:

To be honest, I don't agree with that.

Good players in poor teams (or poor management) stick out like a sore thumb. Wilson didn't.

When the going got tough, a lot of the time he didn't look interested. It was the same at Bournemouth last season - which is why as the season went on, he hardly started.

well that worked out well for them....
skidemin

Postby piledriver64 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:58 pm

I can’t believe people are questioning Wilson’s value. Well worth £10-12m, that type of money buys you the type of goal we saw last night !

His work rate is also well worth noting.

It’s difficult in the Championship for this type of player but I’d wager that if we do find our way to the playoffs Wilson will have played a major part in getting us there.
piledriver64

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:03 pm

Of course Wilson is a very good player.

Last night he was anonymous for most of the game and he rarely lights up, controls or really stands out in our matches.

A lot of the time we still play with the ball flying up in the air and lumping it from defence.

For me he would excel in a team that plays controlled, possession and a fast flowing style of football.

Saying that, I would love him to sign for us but that would be virtually impossible.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby Wiggy » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:49 am

In reply to Worcester.
No he hasn't been at his best. Why? Stuckout on the right wing, by a complete
joke of a manager. So obvious he needs to play in a central role threading balls through,
picking up on Moore's pieces.
If the money is there I would sign him yesterday. Lots more to come from Harry I'm sure,
with he right man in charge. :ayatollah:
Wiggy

Postby Big Hill Blue » Sat May 01, 2021 2:53 pm

Apparently, and I have this from zero reliable sources, Harry has asked his agent to secure a permanent move to us.

Jurgen has agreed to a few quid as he knows the strong pull of Harry's desire to play for us.

:thumbup: :bluebird: :D
Big Hill Blue

Postby FOOTSOLDIER » Sat May 01, 2021 3:52 pm

Funny old thing he scores a hatrick today, hmmm.
FOOTSOLDIER

Next

Return to General Chat