Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WHO SAID MICK McCARTHY PLAYS NEGATIVE FOOTBALL?

Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:41 pm

WHO SAID MICK McCARTHY PLAYS NEGATIVE FOOTBALL?

EVERY GAME HAS GOT BETTER & MORE EXCITING TO WATCH :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

GOALS EVERY GAME :bluebird: :bluebird:

7 GAMES / 5 CONSECUTIVE WINS & 2 DRAWS :bluebird: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: WHO SAID MICK MAcCARTHY PLAYS NEGATIVE FOOTBALL?

Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:42 pm

:bluebird: :bluebird: " NEW MANAGER MICK McCARTHY " :bluebird: :bluebird:

7pm Wed Jan 27th Barnsley 2 Cardiff City 2 :bluebird:

Sat Jan 30 CARDIFF CITY 1 MILLWALL 1 :bluebird:

Sat Feb 06 Bristol City 0 Cardiff City 2 :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Tue Feb 9. Rotherham 1 Cardiff City 2 :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Feb 13 CARDIFF CITY 3 COVENTRY CITY 1 :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Tue Feb 16 Luton Town 0 Cardiff City 2 :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Feb 20 CARDIFF CITY 4 PRESTON NORTH END 0 :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:45 pm

Handbrake off!!!! :)

Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:06 pm

Same players....different formation...different approach..different coach...different results

Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:09 pm

I'm sure Mick said (effectively) "Horses for courses..." and I honestly believe him when he said he was shocked at the quality of player he has at his disposal succeeding another manager :clap:

Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:24 pm

He played some great football at Sunderland and Wolves, the people with short memories forget that. Ipswich played some good stuff at times too, but needs must at times. Ipswich had eaten itself and he did well to even stay in the division. You can keep a turd but you can't polish it. The 'young and hungry manager, play out from the back' experts, funnily enough are quieter if you win.

Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:57 pm

It's like watching a totally different team. To come from behind and secure a point in the first two games since the change of manager was nice to see that we still had a bit of fight in us. But equally we have managed 3 clean sheets in 7 game since big Mick arrived which is a brilliant stat. He has sorted our defence out by changing up the formation and clearly understands how to play to our players strengths. Murphy for one is like a top new signing. Long may it continue but things can change fast and it's a tough year with everyone scrapping for the playoffs and I think Mick has shown that he can do a job so I just hope our fans don't turn on him when a couple of results don't go our way. The fact that we're right up there again, playing some good stuff and in with a chance though has made football exciting again.

Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:03 pm

Where does everyone rate this squad?

I’ve heard extremes from it’s a class squad to its a pile of shite league one squad.

Personally I think it’s a play off squad.

We certainly wouldn’t be embarrassed by Norwich now I don’t think or the Jacks.

Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:22 pm

I've always thought we were a playoff quality team. We've got some good players who were being exposed by poor systems and then more and more silly errors were creeping in once everyones head was down cause Harris lost the dressing room. I'll never forgive him for selling Pato though, loved that guy. I know people say the trade off was Moore, but honestly for the price we sold him for he was worth way much more to us for his energy, versatility and general uplifting attitude, was a leader, chipped in with goals and would bleed for the team if he had to and he went for absolute peanuts at the end of the day. As a fan that really wound me up and Wednesday got an absolute steal there, I bet big Mick would have loved him. I'm getting sidetracked now but point is we do have a very capable team - I think most teams are looking at us now and sweating whereas it used to be a walk in the park under Harris. :D

Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:24 pm

maccydee wrote:Where does everyone rate this squad?

I’ve heard extremes from it’s a class squad to its a pile of shite league one squad.

I might kick myself for saying this but Swansea ain’t as good as they think they are and wouldn’t be surprised if their decline starts now.

Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:34 pm

All round performance from everyone in blue today .. work ethic,decision making, and goals. Flint has been excellent since he's been back and Murphy is like a new signing.. defence solid some excellent interplay in the final third..and Phillips saves were outstanding for the penalties..we are on the up and the jacks demise started today .happy days

Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:26 pm

I thought we were a playoff side at the start of the season and have been baffled by how bad we got under Harris. I think Micik was probably amazed at how good a squad he inherited. He has done a brilliant job both finding the right tactical system and getting good performances from every single player. Had thought that we had fallen too far behind to make the playoffs but obviously not now now.

We are starting to resemble Fulham in our promotion season under Warnock. Two tough games to come if we get through them with four points or more playoffs are definitely on. Only thing I could see ruining our season is Moore getting injured. Once we get a few of the injured players back I would not be worried about anyone else getting injured.Cant recall a season when one player has been so integral to our fortunes

Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:17 pm

:bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:38 am

For me 2nd automatic promotion place at least. An amazing squad.