Cardiff City Boss Mick McCarthy Admits:

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:58 am

Cardiff City Boss Mick McCarthy Admits: “I’ve Never Started Any Job This Well Before”

Sunday 21st February 2021

By Paul Jones

Mick McCarthy has declared his first month in charge of Cardiff City as the best fresh start he has ever enjoyed in his career.

The Bluebirds boss remains unbeaten after seeing his side thrash Preston 4-0 at home to move within three points of the Championship play-off places.

It was McCarthy’s fifth successive win and another away victory at Bournemouth next Wednesday could see them replace the managerless Cherries in the top six.

That would complete an incredible transformation under McCarthy whose team were in danger of getting involved in a relegation scrap when he replaced the sacked Neil Harris.

MICK McCARTHY:

The former Republic of Ireland manager said: “Seven games unbeaten, five wins – it’s the best start I’ve ever had, let me tell you!

“When I came in I looked at the squad and thought we could get a good team together, that we could get a tune out of these guys.

“I think it would have been beyond my wildest dreams or expectations to draw the first two and win the next five.

“But there’s been no silver bullet here. The players have done all the hard work, the grafting, and credit to the players.”

“Are the play-offs, possible now? Yes, a top six finish is possible if we keep winning games. I keep saying, it’s much better that people are asking about the play-offs than when we were down the other end and people were asking about other clubs pecking away at our backsides.

“But at soon as start thinking about it, then you let your guard down and we don’t want that to happen.”

Kieffer Moore’s early penalty and second-half strikes from Josh Murphy, Marlon Pack and substitute Mark Harris earned the Bluebirds a convincing win to leave them three points behind Bournemouth.

Cardiff goalkeeper Dillon Phillips crucially saved two penalties in two minutes to deny the visitors a route back into the game and condemn them to a fourth defeat in five matches.
Attachments
Mick-McCarthy-5.jpg
Mick-McCarthy-5.jpg (196.9 KiB) Viewed 981 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Return to General Chat