Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

UPDATED: ‘ VINCENT TAN TODAY '

Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:08 pm

Wow Guess what Vincent Tan just had an interview :lol: :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=220677 :bluebird:

12pm on the radio today:

Tan should of been honest and said it was Neil Warnock who got them Mick McCarthy.

Also Tan was originally against the appointment of Big Mick.

Many City fans were also against it as well.

UPDATED:

VINCENT TAN:

"I am very happy, very happy, Mick McCarthy has done a great job in a short while, we are very happy, hopefully we can do better."

"Mick has done well and all his boys, i prey we do it this time to the Premier, We are blessed, everyone wants to be promoted."

"Mick came highly recommended, so we thought we give him a chance."

"Last season our former manager Neil Harris did well and got us in the play-offs, this season he did not so well, so we had to make a change."

"Of course (this needs) everybody's co-operation and the team have stepped up very well under Mick's leadership.”

"Hopefully we can do better, hopefully we can get into the play-offs."

Presenter Jim White then interjected, saying: "That is what you want, you want to get to the Premier League, don't you Vincent?"

"Of course we pray we will be able to get there," Tan responded.

"You never know. For example, last season we were also in the play-offs, Neil Harris, our former manager did a great job last season.

"Unfortunately this season he didn't do too well so we had to do a change, and I believe I feel good, that Mick is doing a great job and I believe we have a good chance to get into the play-offs.

"If we are blessed, we hope to be promoted, I'm sure everyone would like to be promoted."

"A lot of negativity from our fans when we appointed Mick, but now they are supporting him, so i thank you all."

"I prey we get promoted."

talkSPORT pundit Simon Jordan agrees, and believes McCarthy is well placed to replicate fellow Yorkshireman Neil Warnock's success in getting the Bluebirds back into the Premier League. :bluebird: :bluebird:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=220677 :bluebird: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' VINCENT TAN TODAY '

Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:31 pm

Reply FB:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:33 pm

Tan should of been honest and said it was Neil Warnock who got them Mick McCarthy :bluebird:

Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:36 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Reply FB:

He's not wrong; I certainly did... :lol:

Positive sentiment from Vincent Tan, who clearly sees progression since he made the right call re Neil Harris no matter whether he wanted to make that call or not

I'm not sure the 'non-acceptance' was as broad as suggested but the majority of those people have surely changed now anyway? :thumbright:

Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:44 pm

Sven wrote:

Positive sentiment from Vincent Tan, who clearly sees progression since he made the right call re Neil Harris no matter whether he wanted to make that call or not

I'm not sure the 'non-acceptance' was as broad as suggested but the majority of those people have surely changed now anyway? :thumbright:

Chris,

I give every manager a chance and owners for the sake off our club :thumbright: :bluebird:

12 games usually.

Big Mick was not on my list, but I backed him from day one :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:42 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Sven wrote:

Chris,

I give every manager a chance and owners for the sake off our club :thumbright: :bluebird:

12 games usually.

Big Mick was not on my list, but I backed him from day one :ayatollah: :bluebird:

So you would of gave Gary Monk 12 games then Annis? :lol: :laughing6: :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:48 pm

ThomasC wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Sven wrote:

Chris,

12 games usually.

So you would of gave Gary Monk 12 games then Annis? :lol: :laughing6: :ayatollah:

:lol: :lol:

Thomas , Monk actually despises us and really takes the piss out of us when he can, thankfully I can never see me having to comment on it :lol: :lol:

Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:06 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Sven wrote:

Chris,

12 games usually.

Same for me Annis,and I will ALWAYS back our manager,regardless of who it is(perhaps with the exeption of monk the skunhk!) A quarter of a season is usually when I think of how well(or not) they are doing.MM didnt even enter my head at the time tbf,but cannot be anything other than impressed to date.

Certainly wasnt expecting an exiting end of the season if I'm honest,but it is now!! CCFC.

Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:09 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Sven wrote:

Chris,

12 games usually.

Same for me Annis,and I will ALWAYS back our manager,regardless of who it is(perhaps with the exeption of monk the skunhk!) A quarter of a season is usually when I think of how well(or not) they are doing.MM didnt even enter my head at the time tbf,but cannot be anything other than impressed to date.

Certainly wasnt expecting an exiting end of the season if I'm honest,but it is now!! CCFC.

Paul, with you all the way on both points :lol: :thumbright: :bluebird:

Just an amazing time once again watching City :bluebird: :bluebird:

Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:29 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Sven wrote:

Chris,

12 games usually.

To be fair Annis most of our fans will get behind a new manager after the initial disappointment of an appointment few wanted.
Real fans will always back a manager or player and give them time. To me, that’s what supporters do.

All except the clowns that call him a prick from day one!

Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:47 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Sven wrote:

Chris,

12 games usually.

To be fair Annis most of our fans will get behind a new manager after the initial disappointment of an appointment few wanted.
Real fans will always back a manager or player and give them time. To me, that’s what supporters do.

All except the clowns that call him a prick from day one!

Very true Paul :thumbright: :occasion5: :bluebird:

Re: UPDATED: ‘ VINCENT TAN TODAY '

Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:05 pm

UPDATED:

VINCENT TAN:

"Of course (this needs) everybody's co-operation and the team have stepped up very well under Mick's leadership.

"Hopefully we can do better, hopefully we can get into the play-offs."

Presenter Jim White then interjected, saying: "That is what you want, you want to get to the Premier League, don't you Vincent?"

"Of course we pray we will be able to get there," Tan responded.

"You never know. For example, last season we were also in the play-offs, Neil Harris, our former manager did a great job last season.

"Unfortunately this season he didn't do too well so we had to do a change, and I believe I feel good, that Mick is doing a great job and I believe we have a good chance to get into the play-offs.

"If we are blessed, we hope to be promoted, I'm sure everyone would like to be promoted."

Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:06 pm

Tan should of been honest and said it was Neil Warnock who got them Mick McCarthy

Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:22 pm

When will Tan realise that he needs more than to be "blessed" to be a successful owner of a football club.

He had the chance to sell the club but didn't because he didn't like the proposed buyer.

When he made that decision not to sell the club, he should have also made a decision to do what he could to make the club as successful as possible. He's not doing that.

By the way, aren't we supposed to be debt-free by the end of this month? That's what he promised but it won't happen.

Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:30 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:When will Tan realise that he needs more than to be "blessed" to be a successful owner of a football club.

He had the chance to sell the club but didn't because he didn't like the proposed buyer.

When he made that decision not to sell the club, he should have also made a decision to do what he could to make the club as successful as possible. He's not doing that.

By the way, aren't we supposed to be debt-free by the end of this month? That's what he promised but it won't happen.

Exactly Ned, so now NO more excuses from him.

Yes Debt free as promised, Tan also said that when he first come in, with in 5 yrs then yrs later changed to now.

Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:39 pm

talkSPORT pundit Simon Jordan agrees, and believes McCarthy is well placed to replicate fellow Yorkshireman Neil Warnock's success in getting the Bluebirds back into the Premier League.

Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:16 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:When will Tan realise that he needs more than to be "blessed" to be a successful owner of a football club.

He is not the guy to take us that step further. The bet we are going to get is a crack at the Premier with him. I don't think he is the guy to make us established there.

Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:21 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Sven wrote:

Chris,

12 games usually.

100% agree :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:38 pm

Hes the most successful owner we've ever had

Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:00 pm

wez1927 wrote:

When he made that decision not to sell the club, he should have also made a decision to do what he could to make the club as successful as possible. He's not doing made us a la

Wez,

Tan divided our fans. Turned fan against fan and evil and so sad. Stripped us of our identity and to me that is everything and made us a laughing stock around the world. Success means nothing compared to that .

I detest the current badge.

Our debt is higher.

Two relegations.

4 yrs of real heartache for me never will I like or respect Tan. :bluescarf:

Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:02 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Sven wrote:

Chris,

12 games usually.

I’d also ruled out an exciting end to the season, but thought if it was to materialise, it would have been much, much later due to how many points we were off the playoffs when MM took over. Results aside, I’m really enjoying watching us press from the front with intent and play to the obvious strengths of our players.

Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:31 pm

wez1927 wrote:

Spot on Wez :thumbright:

Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:41 pm

Ponty Bluebird wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Two twin comedians with no respect for our club or identity, premier league at all costs , we could be called Mickey Mouse and as long as successful, glory hunters

Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:59 pm

Always City wrote:
Ponty Bluebird wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Two twin comedians with no respect for our club or identity, premier league at all costs , we could be called Mickey Mouse and as long as successful, glory hunters

Two twin comedians? Does that mean that’s 4 comedians?? Now to answer your somewhat stupid statement. Firstly, these so called comedians are keeping us afloat to the tune of approximately £1m per month so I wouldn’t exactly say they are disrespectful or even don’t give a toss about our great club. :shock:
Secondly, no respect for our identity?? I was one of the fans that despised the rebrand and I hated Tan for that but he, (or whoever), seen sense and changed us back to our rightful colours. We all make mistakes. Be very careful what you wish for unless of course you know something that no one else knows.
Conclusion: Tan IS our most successful owner and you can never take that away from him. :thumbup:
Better the devil you know :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:07 pm

THIS 100%

Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:12 pm

Barclay1 wrote:He had the chance to sell the club but didn't because he didn't like the proposed buyer.

THIS 100%

I also agree with your statement, but at the end of the day it’s his club and he can do what he likes with it including liquidating us if he wishes but instead he’s keeping us afloat.

THIS 100%

Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:40 pm

Ponty Bluebird wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:He had the chance to sell the club but didn't because he didn't like the proposed buyer.

THIS 100%

I also agree with your statement, but at the end of the day it’s his club and he can do what he likes with it including liquidating us if he wishes but instead he’s keeping us afloat.

THIS 100%

Cannot disagree with your comment because it is fact. Tan holds all the aces, which to some is a worrying thought, but to others a comfort.

Football about different opinions, and yours is respected.

BTW, the comment I agreed with wasn't mine but Worcesters!

Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:44 pm

THIS 100%

Your Spot on Jonny :thumbright: :bluebird:

Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:46 pm

Ponty Bluebird wrote:

THIS 100%

THIS 100%

No he has not been, the parachute payments are.

Next season he will have to if we are not promoted.

Then we would see??

Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:14 pm

Spot on Wez.