Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Teams outside the top six

Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:14 pm

Barnsley with 1 game in hand, seem in a good place and have an easier run in. Boro also will be a threat.

Re: Teams outside the top six

Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:38 pm

just looked and their run in does look easier doesnt it ?

i thought beat Bournemouth and its then in our hands but we would need Barnsley to drop points as well...

Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:40 pm

I think it’s more than possible that both Bournemouth and Reading may slip out of the top six

Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:04 am

There still are a few teams in with a shout - Loads of points still to play for :bluebird:

Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:26 am

I think Bournemouth are the target for the chasing pack. I honestly can't see Reading dropping out of the top six - whenever I've seen them on Sky, they've looked very good.

Everyone will drop points between now and the end of the season.

Barnsley have a good run-in but they also had a fairly lengthy run in the FA Cup and that could catch up with them by the end of the season in terms of tiredness. Like us recently, they tend to select mostly the same starting eleven.

The big test for us is these next three games.

Bournemouth and Middlesbrough will both be tough games. Derby have been rejuvenated recently.

If we are still within three points of the top six after these three, we will have done very well.

Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:39 am

Haven t Reading lost their last 3 home games Ned?

Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:37 am

kimble wrote:Haven t Reading lost their last 3 home games Ned?

your correct mate...and they havent won in February...
infact they had a flying start over the first 2 months but been going slowly but surely backwards ever since and if the league was based on the 22 games since the end of october we would be 10 points above them despite having that run of defeats ourselves

Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:42 pm

kimble wrote:Haven t Reading lost their last 3 home games Ned?

As I said, everyone will drop points. They had a big gap over 7th as well.

I think they'll find form again and stay around where they are.

Look at Brentford, they've lost their last few games but I'm sure they'll pick up again as well.

Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:43 pm

Personally,if we get results at bournemouth & boro,I think we could well nick 5th place!! Remember forest cocking it up last year??

Come on the mighty bloobirds!!CCFC.

Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:12 pm

QPR are flying too they've just beat Brentford, Bournemouth and Watford............

https://www.soccerstats.com/formtable.a ... e=england2

Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:14 pm

bluesince62 wrote:Personally,if we get results at bournemouth & boro,I think we could well nick 5th place!! Remember forest cocking it up last year??

Come on the mighty bloobirds!!CCFC.

Bournemouth and Boro 14th and 15thon recent form :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

https://www.soccerstats.com/formtable.a ... e=england2

Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:47 pm

skidemin wrote:just looked and their run in does look easier doesnt it ?

i thought beat Bournemouth and its then in our hands but we would need Barnsley to drop points as well...

The plus point with this league is easy games on paper doesn’t always reflect reality. The way we are going I don’t fear anyone but the next 2 are big games and taking a point a piece would be no disaster. However, I think we are capable of at least 1 win and a draw. Fair play to MM it has turned out to be a gem of a signing (regardless of who we have to thank) but whatever he’s done to the squad is working, and he is getting the best out the players.

Putting a difference of opinion aside on other threads the beauty of the championship is there are no easy games and we are in form. Bodes well at the minute.

Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:05 pm

Mr Potato wrote:

The plus point with this league is easy games on paper doesn’t always reflect reality. The way we are going I don’t fear anyone but the next 2 are big games and taking a point a piece would be no disaster. However, I think we are capable of at least 1 win and a draw. Fair play to MM it has turned out to be a gem of a signing (regardless of who we have to thank) but whatever he’s done to the squad is working, and he is getting the best out the players.

Putting a difference of opinion aside on other threads the beauty of the championship is there are no easy games and we are in form. Bodes well at the minute.

im of the same opinion regarding not fearing anyone mate and have my fingers crossed
i think the next 2 will give us a better idea of where we are though.. 2 tough games and a hell of a lot of travelling.. and agree 2 points wouldnt be the end of the world or even 1 win 1 defeat ..

Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:35 pm

skidemin wrote:
Mr Potato wrote:

im of the same opinion regarding not fearing anyone mate and have my fingers crossed
i think the next 2 will give us a better idea of where we are though.. 2 tough games and a hell of a lot of travelling.. and agree 2 points wouldnt be the end of the world or even 1 win 1 defeat ..

We will lose at some point but I genuinely believe we will win at least one of these although weirdly 2 draws might suit us better over 1 win one loss.