Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Newport pitch? OMG

Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:57 pm

Shocking
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Newport pitch omg

Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:42 pm

Just saw it on sky takes me back to early 70s and baseball ground ect.... they need own ground the rugby is destroying it? either that or the whole pitch needs to be raised 2ft off the water plain that its standing on now... but there is a lot of pitches that are not as good as previous years its looking as if money is not being spent on pitch care.

Re: Newport pitch omg

Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:19 pm

A lot of clubs in the lower leagues share their grounds with other local sports teams.

Normally it's not an issue as clubs keep money spare to sort out the pitch mid-season.

That's just not financially possible this season due to Covid and other factors.

Re: Newport pitch? OMG

Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:59 am

Have you seen the Peterborough pitch - it looks worse than Newports

Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:06 pm

Pitch been an issue for years at Rodney parade. The recent bad weather and 3 teams playing on the surface wont help.

Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:32 pm

Fluctuating and high water table there, next to the tidal Usk. A lot of rain and nowhere for the water to go.
I remember a few years back, they were drilling exploratory boreholes in the basement of Thompson House. When they extracted the drill, water flew up to about 20ft..massive hydraulic pressure. It was also pissing in to the BBC basement, but I think they’ve finally managed to sort it out now..

Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:19 pm

Doesn't look like they've sorted it .looks like a swaamp

Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:34 pm

rumpo kid wrote:Fluctuating and high water table there, next to the tidal Usk. A lot of rain and nowhere for the water to go.
I remember a few years back, they were drilling exploratory boreholes in the basement of Thompson House. When they extracted the drill, water flew up to about 20ft..massive hydraulic pressure. It was also pissing in to the BBC basement, but I think they’ve finally managed to sort it out now..

They moved pitch because one part pitch was under water all the time..
They need to raise it 2ft all round to stop it being waterlogged after ajist a shower!

Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:57 pm

Looks alright to me used to play on pitches like that every week in my time in fact Newport pitch is a lot better than what we used to play on :laughing6: