" Championship club appoint new manager "

Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:31 pm

Nigel Pearson has been appointed as the new manager of Bristol City

Re: " Championship club appoint new manager "

Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:24 pm

Good appointment imho

Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:42 pm

Hopped (excuse the pun) over to the Wurzels forum and boy are they fickle to the extreme. From their weekend relegation meltdown, they are now talking about a return to the 'glory days' with Europe now in their sights.

While I think it's a good appointment, I can't wait till we once again trigger their annual slide, as they are such a bunch of carrot-crunching wet farts. Worst fans in the leagues. Tossers. Oooaarrrgh.

Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:18 pm

Glory days lol.their history is worse than ours .

Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:23 pm

I’m pretty sure they’re away to Boro tomorrow so let’s hope they perform for the new man at the helm. :bluescarf:

Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:38 pm

Was wondering how long before a club came calling for NP - A fans Fav on here ;)

Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:56 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:I’m pretty sure they’re away to Boro tomorrow so let’s hope they perform for the new man at the helm. :bluescarf:

Lets hope for a short lived new manager boost as their next 3 games are Middlesboro Jacks and Bournemouth

Home before the postcards

Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:23 am

Given his recent track record I suspect Mr Pearson wont be as lucky as he was previously with Leicester.

He stormed out of Derby after being suspended.
He didnt get the Boro job (Monk did) he went to a Belgium B side - and was sacked within 18 months or do.
Went to Watford - did well - but was sacked after about 6 months

To me - this shows a very stubborn man, who tends to make enemies rather than make friends, build bridges etc.

Cant see it lasting based on the last 6 years of his managerial record.

Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:06 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Was wondering how long before a club came calling for NP - A fans Fav on here ;)

why he is a fans fav beats me....but that goes for a number of the big spending useless flops that seemed to be favourites...
but lets hope for now he gets a few results....

Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:55 pm

skidemin wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:Was wondering how long before a club came calling for NP - A fans Fav on here ;)

why he is a fans fav beats me....but that goes for a number of the big spending useless flops that seemed to be favourites...

GOOD Start - Middlesbrough 1 : 3 Bristol City ;)

Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:59 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:
skidemin wrote:

GOOD Start - Middlesbrough 1 : 3 Bristol City ;)

Good start indeed, people need to remember, we have had thag"new manager bounce" and so can others, but let's hope he can at leat draw the next 3 :lol: :thumbup: :old: :bluebird: