Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Sky Sports: Warnock was on sky yesterday saying he had set

Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:26 pm

Sky Sports:

Warnock was on sky yesterday saying he had set the way for Mick McCarthy to get the job at Cardiff City :bluebird:
& Vincent Tan in the morning stated without saying Warnocks name(lol) that Mick had been highly recommended to them.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=220677 :bluebird: :bluebird:

Re: Sky Sports: Warnock was on sky yesterday saying he had

Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:12 pm

Warnock only says what he thinks people want to hear,ask your self why he has had so many clubs, could it be because the fans get used to him after a while and it goes flat, like it did here.

Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:23 pm

Bit weird how you’re trying to make a big thing of this, Annis?

Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:03 pm

Good on him if he did,don’t think Steve Gibson would be too pleased if we pip them for 6th place tho :laughing6:
Did he also recommend Neil Harris as was mentioned on here a while back?

Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:12 pm

I think that Warnock should focus on his own team, going by tonight's result.

He's part of our history. That's it. Not our present or future, but our history.

Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:00 am

I'm not sure Neil Warnock didn't play on words...

I understood he was getting at the point he was leading then 'Pensioners in Management Brigade' and not having actively recommended either man to their current clubs?

I'm sure Pearson will be nonplussed the he is now older than he even looks... :laughing6:

Certainly sounded a little 'Tongue's-in-cheek' and I agree with Ned that he is 'in the past' :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:54 am

I read one post, where he was described (warnock) as a legend, I have to say, I hate it when that word is just bandied around for the sake of it
Did he do great things whilst here? YES
Did he make mistakes whilst here? YES
is he our manager today? NO
We have moved on, he is and always will be a part of our HISTORY.No different to every manager, before & after him. :old: :bluebird:

Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:23 am

I have never known a manager except for maybe Mourinho who has to take credit for anything and everything even when it nothing to do with him.
Neil "me,me,me" Warnock left us when he realized the squad he assembled wasn't going to get him that record-increasing promotion he so coverts.

Phillip - nothing to do with him
Bennett - Trollope
Morrison - Ole
Flint - Warnock
Nelson - Warnock never played him

NG- Nothing to do with him
Vaulks -Warnock never played him
Pack - Warnock
Murphy- Warnock

Moore - Nothing to do with him
Wilson - Nothing to do with him

So out of our current team, 5 are his, of those, 2 he never played. So now he wants to take credit for a lad who cleaned his boots 40 years ago.

Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:53 am

It’s sickly that he feels the need to credit for everything. He left us with a poor squad. NH brought the quality and it’s his signings who are mostly the stand out players at present. People sucked in by his quotes such as my type of club etc.

I have said this in the “so once again we have NW to thank” thread and got absolutely shot down. It is irrelevant that he spoke to anyone about MM, the board employed and people talk and recommend all the time. He should focus on his own club. He could not get out quick enough, his choice as he knew he put together a bum squad. It wasn’t playing for him he knew it and bailed.

MM is working wonders with what he’s got and bringing youngsters through, something Warnock wouldn’t do. He had no interest in the academy which seems to be on the verge of providing a few players. I’d rather thank that person than a man who opted to take the easy route and leave.