Premier League Clubs interested in Cardiff player

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:47 pm

My View: The Committee want these young players to be in the match day squads and noticed out there, so they can try and cash in on them, this Summer if City are not promoted, just my strong view.

Newcastle, West Brom, Sheff U and Burnley are all actively monitoring Cardiff City prospect Kieron Evans.
Club rate him very highly, though, and he has been named in three senior match-day squads since mid-December.

Evans regularly players for Cardiff City’s U23’s

Wales under-19 international Evans, who can play as an attacking midfielder or out on the wing, is one beneficiary of the club's renewed commitment to promoting from within, having featured in three match-day squads since the middle of December.

And the 19-year-old has caught the eye of top-flight suitors such as Newcastle United, West Brom, Burnley and Sheffield United, with a goal and assist in last week's win over Millwall serving only to intensify interest in recent days.

It is understood Evans is thought of very highly by academy figureheads at Cardiff, and indeed those working within the first team, and there is no desire to see him leave.

Cardiff would want a significant amount of money if any offers were forthcoming.
Attachments
5401CC81-9A31-4DB7-B805-1D45E11691FF.jpeg
5401CC81-9A31-4DB7-B805-1D45E11691FF.jpeg (29.1 KiB) Viewed 6646 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Premier League Clubs interested in Cardiff player

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:05 pm

Reply FB:
Attachments
C310B0D3-D29D-4B91-BA62-571E9FB8AAC6.png
C310B0D3-D29D-4B91-BA62-571E9FB8AAC6.png (1.01 MiB) Viewed 6357 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Escott1927 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:28 pm

Would like to see us hang onto our better youngsters. If they are good enough, I want to see them in a city shirt.

With little money available i can see the temptation in selling. But on the flipside, with little money we should be promoting from within.

Either way, this is a good sign if our academy products are (apparently) attracting interest from prem clubs.
Escott1927

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:10 pm

Reply FB:
Attachments
2F42B7B9-B2EA-4D9F-BDA6-E9E78208698A.png
2F42B7B9-B2EA-4D9F-BDA6-E9E78208698A.png (626.07 KiB) Viewed 5901 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby BC-CB » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:19 pm

Put a big enough price on his head to deter all suitors, and get him in the first xi asap.
BC-CB

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:00 pm

Why go to clubs that could be in championship next season? Burnley only ones safe! Besides let's not do what other clubs do and sell their assets we need continuity after years of swapping changing players of reputed quality? Time for us to enjoy home grown talent
pembroke allan

Postby stickywicket » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:38 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Why go to clubs that could be in championship next season? Burnley only ones safe! Besides let's not do what other clubs do and sell their assets we need continuity after years of swapping changing players of reputed quality? Time for us to enjoy home grown talent

As Meatloaf said "You took the words right out of my mouth".
stickywicket

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:50 pm

stickywicket wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Why go to clubs that could be in championship next season? Burnley only ones safe! Besides let's not do what other clubs do and sell their assets we need continuity after years of swapping changing players of reputed quality? Time for us to enjoy home grown talent

Like meatloaf! But I dont understand logic of producing young talent to sell them? Can understand crewe ect doing it but selling for 10m would mean saving couple of million if used to get couple of players in.....pay fee and wages probably double or treble his is that a benefit to city?
pembroke allan

Postby bluesince62 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:12 am

pembroke allan wrote:
stickywicket wrote:

Like meatloaf! But I dont understand logic of producing young talent to sell them? Can understand crewe ect doing it but selling for 10m would mean saving couple of million if used to get couple of players in.....pay fee and wages probably double or treble his is that a benefit to city?

The true is because of his age, wouldn't we just get compensation for him, IF he goes anywhere?

I really hope he is kept,and fingers crossed he will, as didn't tan say he wanted more young players coming through the ranks?
Well here is one we need to keep Vincent :thumbup: :old: :bluebird:
bluesince62

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:42 am

I remember a poster on this MB tipping Kieron Evans as one to watch about 2 years ago. I can't remember who it was but fair play they seem to have been proved right :thumbup:
Tony Blue Williams

Postby llan bluebird » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:22 am

To me, it's just the club promoting "the future". We have a poor media and commercial team and it looks like they have started to do their job.

It was only three weeks ago that most of us were happy to survive in the championship and bring a few of our kids through next season, regroup and have another attempt at promotion in the coming seasons.

Two only signed their first pro contract last week.

We all knew about that Ramsey kid coming through the academy about 12 years ago. He wasn't worth £5 mill cash then, he was worth it after he played 16 first team games. One has had 2 mins.

It's great that we have them on the horizon, I doubt any are good enough or at least ready to be starting in the Championship next season. So i guess they'll be sent out on loan to get proper mens matches. But at least they are ours.

I used to keep an eye on Yeovil results when we were in the Malky premier season to see how Ralls was getting on, it would be great to know they are setting L2 alight :ayatollah:
llan bluebird

Postby skidemin » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:38 pm

been hearing and reading similar for 50 years....most recently Cameron Coxe..

although things have changed quite a bit lately regarding academies as Brexit means its much more difficult for clubs to bring in foreign youngsters / players ..so those with category 1 academies are now going to be looking much harder at academies like ours to pinch players from...
skidemin

Postby montyblue » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:56 pm

I thought we where hoping to build up the academy and use to build a team out of the academy rather than use to build funds to buy
has beens
at the moment we are putting players on the bench and would like to see 1 or 2 thrown in when its safe to do so i thought 4 nil up against preston we could have given more a run out
but not the end of the world if they don' t get on but its about time we keep the good prospect and lets use them rather than sell.
montyblue

Postby skidemin » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:05 pm

montyblue wrote:I thought we where hoping to build up the academy and use to build a team out of the academy rather than use to build funds to buy
has beens
at the moment we are putting players on the bench and would like to see 1 or 2 thrown in when its safe to do so i thought 4 nil up against preston we could have given more a run out
but not the end of the world if they don' t get on but its about time we keep the good prospect and lets use them rather than sell.

are we not putting them on the bench because there is no one else though...?
skidemin

Postby worcester_ccfc » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:18 pm

[quote="pembroke allan"][quote="stickywicket"][quote="pembroke allan"]Why go to clubs that could be in championship next season? Burnley only ones safe! Besides let's not do what other clubs do and sell their assets we need continuity after years of swapping changing players of reputed quality? Time for us to enjoy home grown talent[/quote]
As Meatloaf said "You took the words right out of my mouth".[/quote]

Like meatloaf! But I dont understand logic of producing young talent to sell them? Can understand crewe ect doing it but selling for 10m would mean saving couple of million if used to get couple of players in.....pay fee and wages probably double or treble his is that a benefit to city?[/quote]

The bottom line is that every single club is a selling club - other than the very few elite clubs.

To be at an academy at an established Premier League team is an enticing offer for young players.

If I were to be unbiased then I would say that if any of our young players had the chance to go to an established Premier League development team such as Burnley, Brighton, Crystal Palace etc then they would jump at the chance.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby skidemin » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:06 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
stickywicket wrote:

The bottom line is that every single club is a selling club - other than the very few elite clubs.

To be at an academy at an established Premier League team is an enticing offer for young players.

If I were to be unbiased then I would say that if any of our young players had the chance to go to an established Premier League development team such as Burnley, Brighton, Crystal Palace etc then they would jump at the chance.

even worse is the fact that any stand out academy talent can be taken for peanuts long before they reach the first team... and as i said in the earlier post Brexit will see a lot more scouting at clubs like ours from the bigger clubs
skidemin

Postby Escott1927 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:37 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
stickywicket wrote:

You've answered your own question there allan. The idea is that you sell a player for a decent sum of money and then use that money to bring in 2 or 3 players to strengthen the team without adding debt owed to owner. There aren't many clubs, even in the prem, that arnt selling clubs and Cardiff are no different - especially now we don't have parachute money coming in.

Personally, I'd rather take a gamble, see our youth players playing league football and potentially sell on for much bigger sums at a later date. Rather than sell for a small fee now. Brum sold Bellingham for 20mill after giving him a run in the first team.
Escott1927

Postby bluesince62 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:42 pm

We would get peanuts comp for him, if sold now,he isnt an established squad player even. Keep him and loan him to a lge 1 or 2 team,and see how he progresses.
bluesince62

Postby Blueberry Jam » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:53 pm

If our club has any ambition at all then we must keep our younger players and bring them into the first team. It is the only way we will end up with quality players in our team. If we sell them what are we going to get in as replacements, obviously poorer quality.
Tan wanted young players to come through, hopefully it wasn't with the idea of selling them off but for gaining promotion.
Blueberry Jam

Postby bluesince62 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:50 pm

Blueberry Jam wrote:If our club has any ambition at all then we must keep our younger players and bring them into the first team. It is the only way we will end up with quality players in our team. If we sell them what are we going to get in as replacements, obviously poorer quality.
Tan wanted young players to come through, hopefully it wasn't with the idea of selling them off but for gaining promotion.

Its also part of the "self sustaining" strategy tan has alluded to,lets hope a few more start coming through to the 1st team CCFC!
bluesince62

Return to General Chat