BREAKING " MICK McCARTHY SIGNS NEW CONTRACT "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: BREAKING " MICK McCARTHY SIGNS NEW CONTRACT "

Postby Bluebina » Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:30 pm

Tarkimicallefslovechild wrote:Big mistake in my view. If he was signed up to protect the club in getting a fee from another club then that makes sense but if we did go up it will be a huge mistake keeping him in the job. We never learnt from Warnock and should have sacked him when we got promoted. His record shows his level otherwise he would have not been managing Ipswich. It’s easy to get in the bandwagon and say it’s great news but to avoid being a yo yo club we need to have a plan and philosophy for the future.

We were closer to yoyo-ing down to the first when he arrived, it is still unlikely we will be in the premiership next season, he's here for the full push next season anything else is a bonus!

If he should get us up he would definitely deserve a crack at the premiership!
Bluebina

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Two year extension for mick McCarthy

Postby bluesince62 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:36 pm

cardiff 74 wrote:The club has moved swiftly to secure mick McCarthy after his great start with us

Keep up at the back lol.already 3 threads qt least.
bluesince62

Postby DEANO » Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:38 pm

Excellent appointment. And well done to the club for reacting so swiftly
DEANO

Postby Tarkimicallefslovechild » Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:45 pm

Makes me laugh when people think McCarthy is the answer if we get to the prem. You look at Norwich, Southampton and Brentford with excellent recruitment and unknown managers who are very good. Why can’t we do the same. Don’t go up and I will guarantee the crowds will be at best average next season with MM in charge. MM is like Warnock in that he’s very good at a certain level. Right manager for now unquestionably but IF in prem no way.
Tarkimicallefslovechild

Postby maccydee » Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:48 pm

Tarkimicallefslovechild wrote:Makes me laugh when people think McCarthy is the answer if we get to the prem. You look at Norwich, Southampton and Brentford with excellent recruitment and unknown managers who are very good. Why can’t we do the same. Don’t go up and I will guarantee the crowds will be at best average next season with MM in charge. MM is like Warnock in that he’s very good at a certain level. Right manager for now unquestionably but IF in prem no way.

What’s the answer then dickhead? Give a few names?
maccydee

Postby Tarkimicallefslovechild » Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:49 pm

maccydee wrote:
Tarkimicallefslovechild wrote:Big mistake in my view. If he was signed up to protect the club in getting a fee from another club then that makes sense but if we did go up it will be a huge mistake keeping him in the job. We never learnt from Warnock and should have sacked him when we got promoted. His record shows his level otherwise he would have not been managing Ipswich. It’s easy to get in the bandwagon and say it’s great news but to avoid being a yo yo club we need to have a plan and philosophy for the future.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

My opinion is you are stupid.

Getting a few? Wtf? And other parts of your post.

[/Ask me if I’m stupid when season ticket sales drop next season with MM in charge
Tarkimicallefslovechild

Postby Tarkimicallefslovechild » Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:56 pm

maccydee wrote:
Tarkimicallefslovechild wrote:Makes me laugh when people think McCarthy is the answer if we get to the prem. You look at Norwich, Southampton and Brentford with excellent recruitment and unknown managers who are very good. Why can’t we do the same. Don’t go up and I will guarantee the crowds will be at best average next season with MM in charge. MM is like Warnock in that he’s very good at a certain level. Right manager for now unquestionably but IF in prem no way.

Love someone with a high IQ. Don’t like other opinions. Gaizka Garitano , Markus Weinzierl
Tarkimicallefslovechild

Postby Big Hill Blue » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:19 pm

Why? He's done nowt.

:lol:
Big Hill Blue

Postby Tarkimicallefslovechild » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:21 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
davids wrote:

Blimey - you're a happy chappy aren't you?

In fairness I can understand what you say about Warnock but it would have been exceedingly harsh on him having taken us from where we were when we arrived to the Premier League the next season!

I would actually feel a little more confident of Mick keeping us up if we were to get promoted than Warnock. I'm not sure why I feel that exactly but it's just a feeling that we actually look more solid now than we did when we went up under Warnock and I think the style of play we are slowly developing would give us a better chance of staying up.

So we dont give him a contract then what? Get some young inexperienced manager with dynamic ideas that will garauntee us nothing to learn how to run a championship club the hardest league in world to get out of! That is certainly a gamble with our status in championship undoubtedly..... MM as the knowledge and skills to keep us in premier league if got there certainly more than NW had because NW had history of failure there. Where's MM as been international manager with Ireland .. cannot please some people. :roll:

What has he proven in the last decade? Average manager. MM is not a prem manager. I was slated telling everyone after 6 games of this season to get shot of Harris as he’s out of his depth tactically . MM if he gets us up will be no better than NW. If you can tell me that Southampton, Brentford and Norwich are doing something wrong that we can’t learn from?
Tarkimicallefslovechild

Postby Big Hill Blue » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:26 pm

Average manager. Yet he has galvanised a great team and when we get promoted to the promised land we can hoof him out and get ourselves a tidy bloke in.

Someone like uuum....
Big Hill Blue

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:01 pm

Tarkimicallefslovechild wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
davids wrote:

Blimey - you're a happy chappy aren't you?

In fairness I can understand what you say about Warnock but it would have been exceedingly harsh on him having taken us from where we were when we arrived to the Premier League the next season!

I would actually feel a little more confident of Mick keeping us up if we were to get promoted than Warnock. I'm not sure why I feel that exactly but it's just a feeling that we actually look more solid now than we did when we went up under Warnock and I think the style of play we are slowly developing would give us a better chance of staying up.

So we dont give him a contract then what? Get some young inexperienced manager with dynamic ideas that will garauntee us nothing to learn how to run a championship club the hardest league in world to get out of! That is certainly a gamble with our status in championship undoubtedly..... MM as the knowledge and skills to keep us in premier league if got there certainly more than NW had because NW had history of failure there. Where's MM as been international manager with Ireland .. cannot please some people. :roll:

What has he proven in the last decade? Average manager. MM is not a prem manager. I was slated telling everyone after 6 games of this season to get shot of Harris as he’s out of his depth tactically . MM if he gets us up will be no better than NW. If you can tell me that Southampton, Brentford and Norwich are doing something wrong that we can’t learn from?

Not sure what Southampton as to do with anything ..... but Norwich promoted relegated promoted "probably" what can we learn from that? As for brentford done fck all except buy cheap sell big but no promotion to premier league while city have been their twice ! So not a lot to learn from them other than how to sell best players..... you forget MM as mostly been at clubs with no money like Ipswich! But as achieved promotion to premier league twice and took Ireland to a world cup! (You should research his career) So as your so clever at predicting how bad our managers are tell me who we can get in at end season that will get us promoted ?
pembroke allan

Postby worcester_ccfc » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:12 pm

maccydee wrote:

To be fair, he's got a point.

Only young managers do well in the Premier League and British managers struggle.

You only have to look at Nigel Pearson with Leicester, David Moyes this season, Chris Wilder's first season in that league, Warnock at Sheffield United, Allardyce at practically every club he's been at before this season...

As he says, only young foreign managers will do well in the Premier League.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby maccydee » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:34 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Only young managers do well in the Premier League and British managers struggle.

You only have to look at Nigel Pearson with Leicester, David Moyes this season, Chris Wilder's first season in that league, Warnock at Sheffield United, Allardyce at practically every club he's been at before this season...

If I met this guy he’d have a point. The point of my boot up his arse.
maccydee

Postby Tarkimicallefslovechild » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:36 pm

When did I say British managers struggle? Also I know where MM has managed and what he has and hasn’t done and he’s done nothing for nearly a decade. The clubs I mentioned are well run clubs that make huge amounts of money and have managers that play a style that generally works. Two things I do know is that MM is not a prem manager and if we stay in the championship next season with MM season ticket sales will drop. As I said before he’s the right manager until the summer but not if we are in the prem.
Tarkimicallefslovechild

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:39 pm

maccydee wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
maccydee wrote:

67 posts in 3.5 years and his is only anti MM poster in this thread makes you wonder a bit? :roll:
pembroke allan

Postby Tarkimicallefslovechild » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:39 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Always try and read what someone writes before writing something you decided to make up. Where did I say only young foreign managers do well in the prem?
Tarkimicallefslovechild

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:40 pm

Tarkimicallefslovechild wrote:When did I say British managers struggle? Also I know where MM has managed and what he has and hasn’t done and he’s done nothing for nearly a decade. The clubs I mentioned are well run clubs that make huge amounts of money and have managers that play a style that generally works. Two things I do know is that MM is not a prem manager and if we stay in the championship next season with MM season ticket sales will drop. As I said before he’s the right manager until the summer but not if we are in the prem.

Just asking, do you think he shouldn’t have been given a contract then? He needs to have done more?
bluebirdoct1962

Postby maccydee » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:41 pm

Tarkimicallefslovechild wrote:When did I say British managers struggle? Also I know where MM has managed and what he has and hasn’t done and he’s done nothing for nearly a decade. The clubs I mentioned are well run clubs that make huge amounts of money and have managers that play a style that generally works. Two things I do know is that MM is not a prem manager and if we stay in the championship next season with MM season ticket sales will drop. As I said before he’s the right manager until the summer but not if we are in the prem.

The season tickets always drop when we are in the championship. The only times they have gone up is when we had cup finals or possible promotion to the premier league.

If we are in the play offs and season tickets are put on sale and priced reasonably, and it looks like football is guaranteed to allow fans next year then we will sell many.
maccydee

Postby Tarkimicallefslovechild » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:42 pm

maccydee wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
maccydee wrote:

I’m frightened.Im calling the police.
Tarkimicallefslovechild

Postby Igovernor » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:43 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Ned, David Moyes westham 6th in the premier and he is no spring chicken :laughing5:
Igovernor

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:46 pm

maccydee wrote:

The season tickets always drop when we are in the championship. The only times they have gone up is when we had cup finals or possible promotion to the premier league.

If we are in the play offs and season tickets are put on sale and priced reasonably, and it looks like football is guaranteed to allow fans next year then we will sell many.

Actually if we are not promoted ST sales will be probably be better with giving MM a contract now just for what he as managed to do upto now..
pembroke allan

Postby Tarkimicallefslovechild » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:46 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
maccydee wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
maccydee wrote:

67 posts in 3.5 years and his is only anti MM poster in this thread makes you wonder a bit? :roll:
Tarkimicallefslovechild

Postby Ibby » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:55 pm

The club acted quickly and rightly so. He won this deal and I would have thought he would get a 1 year deal.
Last edited by Ibby on Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ibby

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:55 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
maccydee wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
maccydee wrote:

[/quo

Anyway that's end of my involvement in this debate cannot be arsed to debate with a WUM in thread pointless exercise..... :wave:
pembroke allan

Postby worcester_ccfc » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:57 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Always try and read what someone writes before writing something you decided to make up. Where did I say only young foreign managers do well in the prem?

You didn't say that, but your post certainly suggested it.

Nobody else seems to agree with what you're saying.

You should quit while your ahea... Well, you should quit anyway.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby Sven » Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:02 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
maccydee wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Yes, something not quite right; but not the obvious one... ;)
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby TopCat CCFC » Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:07 pm

Good News - I have been calling for the club to back MM and his backroom staff to start next season as manager :bluebird:
TopCat CCFC

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:08 pm

Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
maccydee wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Yes, something not quite right; but not the obvious one... ;)

No not him Chris but definitely a multi as his MO is very suspicious and very argumentative considering everyone is on board with MM contract generally ......i
pembroke allan

Postby skiprat » Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:25 pm

Brendan rogers doing good in the premier league so would mm/tc the new clough?Taylor
skiprat

Postby skidemin » Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:33 pm

Igovernor wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Ned, David Moyes westham 6th in the premier and he is no spring chicken :laughing5:

worcester is being sarcastic..
skidemin

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat