UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 29/10/22

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 23/03/21

Postby bluesince62 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:06 pm

pembroke allan wrote:No deaths in Wales past to days! :o

Means f@ck all anymore allan! Dripford will find a reason to keep us penned up!!
bluesince62

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:19 pm

bluesince62 wrote:

Means f@ck all anymore allan! Dripford will find a reason to keep us penned up!!

I kno havevyou read my two posts yesterday? They dont gave a clue what they are doing or saying but the believe people thi k they are the bees knees over this pandemic but ask the tifhr6 people and get a far different story? Got 70/80 year olds fed up of things and having no end in sight or plans! just the possibility of lifting of restrictions.
pembroke allan

Postby TheHangedMan » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:31 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:

I kno havevyou read my two posts yesterday? They dont gave a clue what they are doing or saying but the believe people thi k they are the bees knees over this pandemic but ask the tifhr6 people and get a far different story? Got 70/80 year olds fed up of things and having no end in sight or plans! just the possibility of lifting of restrictions.

Hopefully the chickens will come home to roost. This idiots total disregard for his own people (and I use that term lightly) may actually cost him his own seat, never mind control of the Senedd.

https://www.itv.com/news/wales/2021-03- ... poll-shows
Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious........
TheHangedMan

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:41 am

TheHangedMan wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:

Hopefully the chickens will come home to roost. This idiots total disregard for his own people (and I use that term lightly) may actually cost him his own seat, never mind control of the Senedd.

https://www.itv.com/news/wales/2021-03- ... poll-shows

Unfortunately we will still be stuck with a labour gvmnt? Never know Cardiff might get rid of labour because the two go hand in hand with incompetence and wasting money.. :old:
pembroke allan

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 24/03/21

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:56 am

Covid: Wales deaths lowest since October -

The number of deaths involving Covid-19 has fallen for the eighth week in a row in Wales.

There were 68 deaths involving the virus, accounting for just under 10% of all deaths, according to the Office for National Statistics (ONS).

This was 35 fewer deaths for the week ending 12 March than in the previous week, the lowest since 23 October.

There were no registered Covid deaths at all in Swansea, Newport, Blaenau Gwent and Ceredigion.
TopCat CCFC

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 24/03/21

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:16 pm

UPDATED: Wednesday 24th March 2021

UK

TOTAL VACCINATED (1st dose ) 28,653,523 MILLION :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:

Total vaccinated (2nd dose ) 2,532,839 Million :thumbright:

New virus 5,605

New deaths 98

Total deaths 126,382
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 25/03/21

Postby TopCat CCFC » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:21 am

Covid: Welsh tourism businesses make preparations to reopen -

Tourism businesses in Wales have said they are making plans to reopen ahead of Friday's lockdown review.

Welsh government ministers and health officials are expected to discuss on Thursday whether travel restrictions can be eased to allow limited tourism in Wales over Easter.

Safe-catered accommodation could reopen from 27 March and outdoor hospitality will be considered for 22 April.

Businesses said they were "champing at the bit" to get back.

At the last lockdown review hairdressers, garden centres and some non-essential retail were given their dates to open.

The first minister also announced tourism could start to reopen by Easter if case rates stayed low, but he warned a decision would not be made until "the last moment" and that tourism openings would come to a halt "if bookings were made from outside Wales".

People in England cannot go on holiday elsewhere in the UK until 12 April.
TopCat CCFC

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 25/03/21

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:42 pm

UPDATED: Thursday 25th March 2021

UK

Coronavirus Cases:

Deaths:

Recovered:

Forever Blue
Admin

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 26/03/21

Postby TopCat CCFC » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:33 am

Covid: 'Stay-local' rule in Wales to end from Saturday ---

"Stay-local" rules will lift in Wales from Saturday and unrestricted travel within its borders will be allowed.

It means Wales will be the first UK nation to scrap travel restrictions within country boundaries since lockdowns were re-imposed in winter.

Self-contained tourist accommodation - including many hotels and cottages - will also be able to open on Saturday.

But non-essential travel to and from other UK nations will be banned for at least two weeks.

The move by the Welsh government will also see rules on the number of people who can meet outdoors - including in private gardens - eased.

Six people from two households will be able to meet up, an increase from the current four-person limit.
TopCat CCFC

Postby blueben33 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:24 pm

is it ok to travel from spain to cardiff if you need to go to england? need to go back for vaccine but english rules are too much for a few days trip.
blueben33

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:36 pm

UPDATED: Friday 26th March 2021

UK

TOTAL VACCINATED ( 1st dose ) 29,316,13 MILLION :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:

Total Vaccinated (2nd dose ) 3,009,863 Million :thumbright: :thumbright:

New Virus: 6,187

New deaths: 70

Total deaths: 126,515

Forever Blue
Admin

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 27/03/21

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:34 am

Over-70s could get booster Covid jab from September - vaccines minister -

People aged over 70 could start receiving Covid booster jabs from September to protect them from new variants, the vaccines minister has said.

Nadhim Zahawi told the Daily Telegraph the first booster doses will go to the over-70s, health and social care staff and the clinically vulnerable.

Scientists have been developing booster jabs to combat new Covid variants.

More than 29 million people in the UK have now had a first dose of a vaccine.

Revealing details of the plan to the newspaper, Mr Zahawi said the "most likely date" for booster jabs to begin would be September.

He said deputy chief medical officer Jonathan Van-Tam thought "that if we are going to see a requirement for a booster jab to protect the most vulnerable, [it] would be around September".

The first booster jabs will be given to those in the top four priority groups of the vaccine rollout - which include the over-70s, health and social care workers and the clinically extremely vulnerable.
TopCat CCFC

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 28/03/21

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:05 pm

Covid: Vaccine passports could help reopen society - Dowden

Vaccine passports could be a "tool in the short term" to reopen theatres and sports stadiums, Culture Secretary Oliver Dowden has said.

The government needs to "look at all options" to "make areas of our national life viable", he said, but no decisions have yet been made.

And he insisted the roadmap for lifting restrictions in England was on track.

Wales' First Minister Mark Drakeford said there were "prizes to be won" with vaccine passports.

Under the government's four-step plan to ease England's lockdown, all legal limits on social contact could be lifted by 21 June, if strict conditions are met.

While most social gathering rules are due to be fully lifted outside on 17 May, social distancing rules and limits on capacity will remain indoors for at least a further five weeks for venues like cinemas, museums and theatres, and for sporting events.

The prime minister has suggested pub goers could be asked to provide a vaccine certificate as part of a wider review that could report in May. But he said vaccine passports would not be considered until everyone has been offered a jab, which is due to be by the end of July.
TopCat CCFC

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:20 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Covid: Vaccine passports could help reopen society - Dowden

Vaccine passports could be a "tool in the short term" to reopen theatres and sports stadiums, Culture Secretary Oliver Dowden has said.

The government needs to "look at all options" to "make areas of our national life viable", he said, but no decisions have yet been made.

And he insisted the roadmap for lifting restrictions in England was on track.

Wales' First Minister Mark Drakeford said there were "prizes to be won" with vaccine passports.

Under the government's four-step plan to ease England's lockdown, all legal limits on social contact could be lifted by 21 June, if strict conditions are met.

While most social gathering rules are due to be fully lifted outside on 17 May, social distancing rules and limits on capacity will remain indoors for at least a further five weeks for venues like cinemas, museums and theatres, and for sporting events.

The prime minister has suggested pub goers could be asked to provide a vaccine certificate as part of a wider review that could report in May. But he said vaccine passports would not be considered until everyone has been offered a jab, which is due to be by the end of July.

No deaths in Wales... :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby TheHangedMan » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:10 pm

Just trying to get my head around this vaccine passport freedom theft, either way, it does not make sense. I'm sure there are far more intelligent people on this forum who can explain why I am confused.

The reason for being vaccinated is that you are protected right? So why worry about somebody who is not?

The only reason to worry is if you do not believe the vaccine works, but if that is the case why would you take it in the first place? It's just weird.

It's like a football Captain winning the toss and saying we'll play towards that goal but we want to take the kick off as welll!......can't have it both ways........ :bluebird:
Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious........
TheHangedMan

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:25 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:Just trying to get my head around this vaccine passport freedom theft, either way, it does not make sense. I'm sure there are far more intelligent people on this forum who can explain why I am confused.

The reason for being vaccinated is that you are protected right? So why worry about somebody who is not?

The only reason to worry is if you do not believe the vaccine works, but if that is the case why would you take it in the first place? It's just weird.

It's like a football Captain winning the toss and saying we'll play towards that goal but we want to take the kick off as welll!......can't have it both ways........ :bluebird:

Well vaccination does not stop you getting covid it just illiminates serious effects of it and hopefully preventing hospitalisation.....passports should be temporary to facilitate opening of events like football.... theatre..... concerts without need for social distancing masks ...... if people dont want take vaccine thats their prerogative and their risk but shouldn't complain if they find their ability to go places is restricted by not having vaccine!
pembroke allan

Postby TheHangedMan » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:40 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:Just trying to get my head around this vaccine passport freedom theft, either way, it does not make sense. I'm sure there are far more intelligent people on this forum who can explain why I am confused.

Well vaccination does not stop you getting covid it just illiminates serious effects of it and hopefully preventing hospitalisation.....passports should be temporary to facilitate opening of events like football.... theatre..... concerts without need for social distancing masks ...... if people dont want take vaccine thats their prerogative and their risk but shouldn't complain if they find their ability to go places is restricted by not having vaccine!

Interesting Al......but please tell me why they shouldn't complain? I've never been stopped from going into a place asking if I am HIV free, or influenza free, or any other disease you may wish to mention........so why this one?......think before you speak....especially in light of your guesstimation that the vaccine does not stop you getting the disease, essentially my point. :bluebird:
TheHangedMan

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:08 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Interesting Al......but please tell me why they shouldn't complain? I've never been stopped from going into a place asking if I am HIV free, or influenza free, or any other disease you may wish to mention........so why this one?......think before you speak....especially in light of your guesstimation that the vaccine does not stop you getting the disease, essentially my point. :bluebird:

We have already seen buisnesses cruise lines airlines ect putting in place some sort of passport on covid? Whilst there are laws in place to protect people who genuinely cannot have vaccine, companies have the right to refuse travel/entry ect if people dont comply with companies policies.... not having vaccine because dont trust it is not a reason in law to take company to court for refusal of entry or travel... people will know policy when booking you cannot complain if they dont allow you to travel ect.... if you think I'm wrong no problem but as example yellow fever vaccine certificate is mandatory in some countries if dont have
certificate you dont get in!

Ps it's not guesstimation vaccine does not stop you getting covid look it up. :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby skidemin » Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:06 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

We have already seen buisnesses cruise lines airlines ect putting in place some sort of passport on covid? Whilst there are laws in place to protect people who genuinely cannot have vaccine, companies have the right to refuse travel/entry ect if people dont comply with companies policies.... not having vaccine because dont trust it is not a reason in law to take company to court for refusal of entry or travel... people will know policy when booking you cannot complain if they dont allow you to travel ect.... if you think I'm wrong no problem but as example yellow fever vaccine certificate is mandatory in some countries if dont have
certificate you dont get in!

Ps it's not guesstimation vaccine does not stop you getting covid look it up. :thumbup:

no vaccine is 100% so its not a case of ...does not stop...its what percentage it stops..
skidemin

Postby bluesince62 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:43 am

pembroke allan wrote:

So what about the likes of myself, and countless thousands of others, who for varying reasons, cannot have the jab? There was boxing fans at the Whyte fight in Gibraltar, and they all had to mask up, but I guess that was indoors, so is different, anyway I digress Allan, what about us? :ayatollah: :old: :bluebird:
bluesince62

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:03 am

bluesince62 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

So what about the likes of myself, and countless thousands of others, who for varying reasons, cannot have the jab? There was boxing fans at the Whyte fight in Gibraltar, and they all had to mask up, but I guess that was indoors, so is different, anyway I digress Allan, what about us? :ayatollah: :old: :bluebird:

Obviously as I stated people excempt for bona fifa reasons are covered in law but not having it because you dont like or or scared because what you've heared in news is not an acceptable reason hence ..... my point is people cannot complain if refused entry just because cant be bothered to get vaccine..... personally I cannot wear a mask for medical reasons but to fly I need a letter from my GP to prove it I'm flying with virgin later this year ( they are trialling vaccine passport
on their usa flights along with various other travel companies) if not wearing mask I have disabilities lanyard to this effect and proof if asked by police... anyway these vaccine passports are temporary so come next year be irrelevant probably unless you need yellow fever vaccine.. :old:
pembroke allan

Postby skidemin » Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:27 am

pembroke allan wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Obviously as I stated people excempt for bona fifa reasons are covered in law but not having it because you dont like or or scared because what you've heared in news is not an acceptable reason hence ..... my point is people cannot complain if refused entry just because cant be bothered to get vaccine..... personally I cannot wear a mask for medical reasons but to fly I need a letter from my GP to prove it I'm flying with virgin later this year ( they are trialling vaccine passport
on their usa flights along with various other travel companies) if not wearing mask I have disabilities lanyard to this effect and proof if asked by police... anyway these vaccine passports are temporary so come next year be irrelevant probably unless you need yellow fever vaccine.. :old:

everything starts off as temporary ... test the water so to speak, in this case there is obviously next to none confidence in the vaccines by those who have received them , they are still in scared stiff mode and therefore support the passports... so once introduced there will be no going back....
as for the effectiveness of the vaccines you can find studies from different countries giving results quite wide of each other.. its far too early to conclude anything. but anyone that thought a partially trialed vaccine was ever going to be 100% were living in cuckoo land to begin with...
skidemin

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 29/03/21

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:30 pm

UPDATED: Monday 29th March 2021

UK

VACCINATED (1st Dose) 30,444,829 MILLION :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:

Vaccinated (2nd Dose ) 3,674,266 Million :thumbright:

New Virus 4,654

New Deaths 23

Forever Blue
Admin

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 30/03/21

Postby TopCat CCFC » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:45 pm

What's been happening in the UK -

Boris Johnson has urged the nation to remain cautious while enjoying a slight easing of lockdown rules in England which includes allowing six people or two households to meet outside

The UK does not know "exactly how strong" its defences against another wave of Covid will be despite the "impressive" vaccine rollout, the PM says

He announced up to 60 million doses of coronavirus jab Novavax will be made in the UK in the North East of England

People living with those who have weakened immune systems should be able to get their Covid jab, says the UK's official vaccination body

Secret filming by BBC Panorama at one of the biggest UK Covid testing labs has found evidence of potential contamination which means some people may have received the wrong result

Next month's FA Cup semi-finals at Wembley will be among the pilot events to trial the return of large crowds to UK venues.
TopCat CCFC

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:12 pm

UPDATED: Tuesday 30th March 2021

UK

TOTAL VACCINATED 30.68 MILLION :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:

New Covid cases 4,040

New deaths 56

Total deaths 126,670

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby TopCat CCFC » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:07 pm

Covid vaccines: Probe as hundreds fail to attend appointments -

People are being urged to attend vaccine appointments after hundreds failed to show up for their jabs.

In the Swansea Bay area almost 500 people did not attend on Monday.

At a mass vaccination centre in Bangor, in Gwynedd, almost 200 people failed to show up over a three-day period.

The Welsh government said it was investigating after reports of "people not attending their vaccine appointments".

As of Monday, 1,413,710 had received their first dose of the vaccine in Wales, the equivalent of 44.8% of the Welsh population, according to Public Health Wales.

A further 7,016 people received a second vaccination, taking the total number of people who are now fully vaccinated to 424,016, which is 13.4% of the population.
TopCat CCFC

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 31/03/21

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:19 pm

UPDATED: Wednesday 31st March 2021

UK

TOTAL VACCINATED (1st dose ) 30,905,538 MILLION :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:

Total Vaccinated (2nd dose) 4,108,536 Million :thumbright:

New virus cases 4,052

New deaths 43

Total Deaths 126,713

Forever Blue
Admin

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 01/04/21

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:26 pm

Covid: Wales' pubs and restaurants could reopen indoors in May -

Pubs and restaurants in Wales could reopen indoors in time for the Spring Bank Holiday at the end of May.

The Welsh government also said two households could meet indoors from 10 May, if Covid cases remained low.

The government has given more detailed plans for the easing of lockdown restrictions in the coming weeks after earlier saying hospitality could reopen outdoors from 26 April.

From 3 May, wedding receptions with up to 30 people can take place outdoors.

Gyms, leisure centres and fitness facilities will also be able to reopen from 10 May. This will include individual or one-to-one training, but not exercise classes.

Both the Welsh Conservatives and Plaid Cymru said gyms should be allowed to reopen immediately.

Spring Bank Holiday Monday is 31 May, but the Welsh government has not specified a date for reopening hospitality indoors.

It said after 17 May it would "consider enabling indoor hospitality and remaining visitor accommodation to reopen in advance of the Spring Bank Holiday".
TopCat CCFC

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 01/04/21

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:25 pm

UPDATED: Thursday 1st April 2021

Cases have declined
The average number of new daily cases in the UK has fallen substantially since the start of the year, but has been levelling off in recent days.
A further 4,479 confirmed cases across the UK were announced by the government on Thursday. This compares with 6,397 new cases reported a week ago.

Forever Blue
Admin

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 02/04/21

Postby TopCat CCFC » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:36 pm

First Minister Mark Drakeford hopes to watch live sport in summer -

First Minister Mark Drakeford says he hopes to watch live sport in Wales over the summer with pilot events planned.

A "potential stadia event" is being considered by the Welsh Government as part of a pilot scheme for the return of crowds to sporting events in Wales.

Wales' first minister says the test events have been scheduled for May.

"We all look forward to be able to be back watching sport," he said at his press briefing. "We're going to have some pilot events here in May."

The government has given more detailed plans for the easing of lockdown restrictions in the coming weeks.

It says a small number of outdoor pilot events of between 200 and 1,000 people are being planned.

The Football Association of Wales and Glamorgan Cricket have both volunteered to stage pilot events.
TopCat CCFC

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat