Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Jason Koumas -

Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:11 am

Jason Koumas - Wrexham-born Koumas had 2 stints with the Bluebirds where he netted 14 goals in 67 appearances. Koumas won 27 Man-of-the-match awards whilst at Cardiff City and was voted Cardiff City’s best ever loanee.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Jason Koumas -

Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:30 am

A brilliant player who never quite fulfilled his obvious potential.

Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:33 am

Didn’t realise he played that many times for us.

Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:50 am

He was brilliant during his first spell here. Second time he didn't look interested at all.

Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:42 am

Escott1927 wrote:He was brilliant during his first spell here. Second time he didn't look interested at all.

no idea what happened during the 2nd loan but ill never forget Doncaster away towards the end of it.... a game we needed to win , were drawing 1-1 and tbh had been 2nd best in... on comes JK in the 87th minute...and he scores twice....but what really struck me was the first a free kick... we have whitts and bellamy out there ,JKs been on like 3 minutes ,hardly played and not scored for a year he picks the ball up and there is no argument or discussion.. places it and scores.. how good must you be for those 2 to just let you get on with it , especially in those circumstances ..didnt even come off the bench a few days later at Sheffield after that he made a few apps as sub ,did nothing special... was bizarre....

Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:53 am

skidemin wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:He was brilliant during his first spell here. Second time he didn't look interested at all.

no idea what happened during the 2nd loan but ill never forget Doncaster away towards the end of it.... a game we needed to win , were drawing 1-1 and tbh had been 2nd best in... on comes JK in the 87th minute...and he scores twice....but what really struck me was the first a free kick... we have whitts and bellamy out there ,JKs been on like 3 minutes ,hardly played and not scored for a year he picks the ball up and there is no argument or discussion.. places it and scores.. how good must you be for those 2 to just let you get on with it , especially in those circumstances ..didnt even come off the bench a few days later at Sheffield after that he made a few apps as sub ,did nothing special... was bizarre....

Yeah you don't get any better free kick than that and right in front of us all.

Koumas was injured for most of his second spell with us. I was surprised he came on and it felt like a last throw of the dice. It worked but we never saw him again after that.

Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:02 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Yeah you don't get any better free kick than that and right in front of us all.

Koumas was injured for most of his second spell with us. I was surprised he came on and it felt like a last throw of the dice. It worked but we never saw him again after that.

he did play again mate, including coming on after 30 minutes against Boro { the game we lost 3 nil } other than that game there were not too many minutes... but that day in Doncaster just waw.... 2 goals in a 6 minute appearance and just couldnt believe it was him taking that free kick...

Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:04 pm

Fantastic player during his first spell with us and I remember Sam trying to bully West Brom into selling him to us on the cheap but their chairman was having none of it.

I think they only wanted £500,000 for him and there was talk if I remember of a group of businessmen trying to come up with the money to buy him but that never came to anything.

I think by then Sam either wouldn't or couldn't find the cash and we missed out on seeing more of one of the most talented players I've ever seen in a City shirt.

The goal to win the game against the Scum in his first match was brilliant and he scored some absolute sublime goals including the free kick against Doncaster mentioned above.

Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:23 pm

Wales online did an excellent article a while back titled something along the lines of "finding jason koumas" apprently he had no love for football, it was simply a career to him, he doesnt like talking about football and doesnt do interviews. he was an absolute magician on the ball mind.

Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:56 pm

davids wrote:Fantastic player during his first spell with us and I remember Sam trying to bully West Brom into selling him to us on the cheap but their chairman was having none of it.

I think they only wanted £500,000 for him and there was talk if I remember of a group of businessmen trying to come up with the money to buy him but that never came to anything.

I think by then Sam either wouldn't or couldn't find the cash and we missed out on seeing more of one of the most talented players I've ever seen in a City shirt.

The goal to win the game against the Scum in his first match was brilliant and he scored some absolute sublime goals including the free kick against Doncaster mentioned above.

I thought it was a case of Sam wanted to buy for £1m (as agreed fee prior to loan by their then chairman Jeremy Peace?) and Ridsdale stepped in and ‘advised’ Sam not to as we really couldn’t afford it.

Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:40 pm

Good player - Up there with Rambo on the loan front :bluebird:

Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:54 am

First spell was class, second spell was crass...

Defo a
Bluebird legend for that first spell but not the disappointing second, at which point I always felt he was going though the motions and stealing a wage (cue Blue £agoon)

Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:37 pm

Sven wrote:First spell was class, second spell was crass...

Defo a
Bluebird legend for that first spell but not the disappointing second, at which point I always felt he was going though the motions and stealing a wage (cue Blue £agoon)

was pretty much done... not sure if it was lack of interest or injured { both been mentioned } but those 2 goals in Doncaster were his last in the Championship... he then didnt play for 2 years making a comeback with Tranmere... one of many footballers whose careers should have amounted to more than they did...

Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:07 pm

He was injured most of the season and had he not been we would have walked the league- we should have anyway.
The most talented and exiting side I have ever seen at the City.

That season we had in our midfield- not all at the same time, Ramsey, Koumas, Whittingham, Drinkwater and Olifanjana,

Upfront we had Bellamy, Chopra, Burke, Boothroyd and possibly McCormak.

How on earth didn't we go up?