Mark Drakeford coming out party

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby ReesWestonSuperMare » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:10 am

Apparently he will announce his coming out this morning - he is now self identifying as a Politician....... which we all know is practically impossible
ReesWestonSuperMare

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Mark Drakeford coming out party

Postby skidemin » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:40 am

ReesWestonSuperMare wrote:Apparently he will announce his coming out this morning - he is now self identifying as a Politician....... which we all know is practically impossible

apparently he will not be leader much longer.... i wonder who they have lined up to replace him
skidemin

Postby davids » Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:23 pm

Read the topic heading and thought that his son was being released early.
davids

Postby Bluebina » Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:04 pm

ReesWestonSuperMare wrote:Apparently he will announce his coming out this morning - he is now self identifying as a Politician....... which we all know is practically impossible

He said they will have invited everyone of the nine vulnerable groups by next week, which sounds ok, but will have only vaccinated 75% of them, why not say they've done 75%!

If they've only done 75%, they won't have vaccinated all the nine vulnerable groups by 15th April.
Bluebina

Postby Bluebina » Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:05 pm

skidemin wrote:

apparently he will not be leader much longer.... i wonder who they have lined up to replace him

They couldn't find anyone worse surely?
Bluebina

Postby worcester_ccfc » Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:40 pm

Bluebina wrote:
skidemin wrote:

You all said that when Carwyn Jones was FM.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby rumpo kid » Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:50 pm

Even God wasn’t aware that such a clot existed..
rumpo kid

Postby HarriRhys22 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:10 pm

Bluebina wrote:
skidemin wrote:

r

He’s much more sensible than Boris the Buffoon!
HarriRhys22

Postby Borders Blue » Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:18 pm

Drakeford, Boris, Sturgeon, Starmer - the four horses of the apocalypse. Yet we all obey these idiots with regard to lockdown. Why on earth do the majority still have faith in government?? As a rational human being, I find this baffling.
Borders Blue

April Fool

Postby ReesWestonSuperMare » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:35 pm

I thought Id post it as an April Fool, there's no way Drakeford can identify as a politician, or much else really other than a village idiot.

I listened to him speak earlier and he talks as if he's talking to a 5 year old trying to explain the global pandemic and how is the best in world at basically eveything. Hiowhe ever got anywhere near that job is a mystery.

All the charisma of a low grade bank clerk and an ill fitting suit
ReesWestonSuperMare

Re: April Fool

Postby skidemin » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:49 pm

ReesWestonSuperMare wrote:I thought Id post it as an April Fool, there's no way Drakeford can identify as a politician, or much else really other than a village idiot.

I listened to him speak earlier and he talks as if he's talking to a 5 year old trying to explain the global pandemic and how is the best in world at basically eveything. Hiowhe ever got anywhere near that job is a mystery.

unelectable but elected never the less... of course he is going to talk to those who elected him as if they are 5 year olds...
skidemin

Postby ReesWestonSuperMare » Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:55 pm

skidemin wrote:
ReesWestonSuperMare wrote:I thought Id post it as an April Fool, there's no way Drakeford can identify as a politician, or much else really other than a village idiot.

unelectable but elected never the less... of course he is going to talk to those who elected him as if they are 5 year olds...

I dont think Drakeford was ever elected by the public was he ? , the Welsh Labour party choose him to be their 'Leader' in 2018 - the previous Assembly elections were in 2016

Drakeford is doing the same trick by saying he wont do a full term if Labour win in May. The same trick as Carwyn did
ReesWestonSuperMare

Postby skidemin » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:45 pm

ReesWestonSuperMare wrote:
skidemin wrote:

I dont think Drakeford was ever elected by the public was he ? , the Welsh Labour party choose him to be their 'Leader' in 2018 - the previous Assembly elections were in 2016

Drakeford is doing the same trick by saying he wont do a full term if Labour win in May. The same trick as Carwyn did

your correct , not as leader but elected as part of a labour government never the less.....we are a one party state which cant be anything other than unhealthy...
skidemin

Postby aber blue » Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:45 am

skidemin wrote:
ReesWestonSuperMare wrote:
skidemin wrote:

your correct , not as leader but elected as part of a labour government never the less.....we are a one party state which cant be anything other than unhealthy...

Totally agree with one party state, Wales will always be labour because “my father/grandfather “ always voted labour!!
What has labour done for Wales in the last 29 years?
This drakeford is a joke, why isn’t hospitality not opening up the same time as England?
He just doesn’t care about the economy just wants to be seen as doing things differently to Westminster.
aber blue

Postby WestCoastBlue » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:27 am

I think some people need to brush up on what a One Party State actually is. There are currently only 7 "One Party States" in the world and it basically boils down to all opposing parties are either outlawed or only allowed to take a controlled participation in elections. The list of 7 is as follows:
China
Cuba
Eritrea
Laos
North Korea
Western Sahara
Vietnam
WestCoastBlue

Postby aber blue » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:44 am

WestCoastBlue wrote:I think some people need to brush up on what a One Party State actually is. There are currently only 7 "One Party States" in the world and it basically boils down to all opposing parties are either outlawed or only allowed to take a controlled participation in elections. The list of 7 is as follows:
China
Cuba
Eritrea
Laos
North Korea
Western Sahara
Vietnam

So a bit like Wales, other parties can participate in elections but I can guarantee even though labour have done nothing
for Wales in the last 20 years they’ll still be in charge come may 6th.
aber blue

Postby WestCoastBlue » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:05 am

aber blue wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:I think some people need to brush up on what a One Party State actually is. There are currently only 7 "One Party States" in the world and it basically boils down to all opposing parties are either outlawed or only allowed to take a controlled participation in elections. The list of 7 is as follows:
China
Cuba
Eritrea
Laos
North Korea
Western Sahara
Vietnam

So a bit like Wales, other parties can participate in elections but I can guarantee even though labour have done nothing
for Wales in the last 20 years they’ll still be in charge come may 6th.

No, absolutely literally nothing like Wales.
Have you seen any Conservative adverts or leaflets? How about Plaid Cymru? Or Abolish? Opposing parties are not outlawed in Wales, they are allowed to openly oppose and criticise the ruling party and the citizens are allowed to vote for them and oust the ruling party if they so wish.

The whole idea of a one party state is that the ruling party argue that the existence of separate parties counters national unity. Separate parties cause division and delays in moving forward as one singular state. The CCP has been in power for 71 years in China and Xi Jinping has removed term limits to allow him to remain President for life. In North Korea the Worker's Party has ruled the country for 75 years and the title of Leader is passed down through the family.

Whether or not Labour remain in charge isn't because they're an Authoritarian/Totalitarian regime, it will be because they get voted in democratically in an election. Just because you may disagree with the wider population and how they vote does not in any way shape or form make Wales a One Party State.

Wow. I'm actually stunned you think they're comparable.
WestCoastBlue

Postby Sven » Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:09 pm

skidemin wrote:

Not aimed at you; just a good post to respond to... :thumbup:

Drakeford said in his pre-leader speeches that he would only do one full term in that role if he won, so no big surprise.

That was seen as a good thing by those in the Party, as it meant they could look at who the natural successor to Carwyn should be over a longer period (although I'm always baffled as to why that wasn't already being done)

The obvious replacement is the odious (just my humble opinion having met and seen him action) Vaughan Gething and that would see a move to even more 'sit one the fence and see where the votes are falling first' politics in Wales

There are some fantastic AM's at WAG; but they are few and far between because they put themselves and their personal ambitions first, last and foremost

Ban the bloody lot, I say; just waste of time, money and energy that could be directed to where it is actually needed

Cue the Taffia 'nationalists' who think Wales could/should cope on it own... :roll:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby skidemin » Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:10 pm

China
Cuba
Eritrea
Laos
North Korea
Western Sahara
Vietnam

the means of election might differ to those...the end result not so much...20 odd years of doing what ever they wish .ignoring public opinion , ignoring independent inquiries they themselves sanctioned knowing full well there will be no consequences at the ballot box . the amount of people i know who slag of one thing after another that this lot have done but will openly tell you its impossible for them to vote against labour is mind blowing...
skidemin

Postby WestCoastBlue » Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:15 pm

skidemin wrote:
China
Cuba
Eritrea
Laos
North Korea
Western Sahara
Vietnam

the means of election might differ to those...the end result not so much...20 odd years of doing what ever they wish .ignoring public opinion , ignoring independent inquiries they themselves sanctioned knowing full well there will be no consequences at the ballot box . the amount of people i know who slag of one thing after another that this lot have done but will openly tell you its impossible for them to vote against labour is mind blowing...

It just isn't comparable though no matter how you spin it. If Labour has been so ruinous for Wales and ignorant to the will of the people but still look like remaining in power then it's up to the opposition parties to get this point across to the electorate. Unlike one party states they have the power to spread their views via every conceivable medium possible. Radio, TV, billboards, leaflets, emails, canvassing, public forums, the side of a bus, etc. If the issue is voting mindsets based on past events then it's up to the opposition to change those opinions, just because the electorate is too staunch in their views or too apathetic to vote for change doesn't mean Wales is a one party state, not even close to it.

Labour don't have unlimited power free from consequence, if there were detainment camps for Muslims in Wales or if there were armed soldiers waiting to shoot anyone trying to cross to border, Drakeford and co wouldn't just be voted out they'd be arrested and tried for crimes against humanity.

At the next General Election the Conservatives will have been in power for 14 and a half years and with the way they're polling it would take a cock up of massive proportions for them to lose the 2024 election. At that point we will be looking at 19.5 years of a Conservative Government. This doesn't mean the UK is now a one party state, it just means the opposition parties have failed in their election attempt.

In the current Senedd makeup Labour aren't even the sole party in power, they didn't get the required 31 seats so had to form a coalition with the Lib Dems and and Independent candidate. How on earth they've managed to make Wales a one party state with 3 parties in power and 8 different parties (and 3 independents) represented in the Senedd is quite the feat.

More parties in the Senedd than braincells between your ears if you think Wales is even close to a one party state :?
WestCoastBlue

Postby skidemin » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:10 pm

WestCoastBlue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
China
Cuba
Eritrea
Laos
North Korea
Western Sahara
Vietnam

It just isn't comparable though no matter how you spin it. If Labour has been so ruinous for Wales and ignorant to the will of the people but still look like remaining in power then it's up to the opposition parties to get this point across to the electorate. Unlike one party states they have the power to spread their views via every conceivable medium possible. Radio, TV, billboards, leaflets, emails, canvassing, public forums, the side of a bus, etc. If the issue is voting mindsets based on past events then it's up to the opposition to change those opinions, just because the electorate is too staunch in their views or too apathetic to vote for change doesn't mean Wales is a one party state, not even close to it.

Labour don't have unlimited power free from consequence, if there were detainment camps for Muslims in Wales or if there were armed soldiers waiting to shoot anyone trying to cross to border, Drakeford and co wouldn't just be voted out they'd be arrested and tried for crimes against humanity.

At the next General Election the Conservatives will have been in power for 14 and a half years and with the way they're polling it would take a cock up of massive proportions for them to lose the 2024 election. At that point we will be looking at 19.5 years of a Conservative Government. This doesn't mean the UK is now a one party state, it just means the opposition parties have failed in their election attempt.

In the current Senedd makeup Labour aren't even the sole party in power, they didn't get the required 31 seats so had to form a coalition with the Lib Dems and and Independent candidate. How on earth they've managed to make Wales a one party state with 3 parties in power and 8 different parties (and 3 independents) represented in the Senedd is quite the feat.

More parties in the Senedd than braincells between your ears if you think Wales is even close to a one party state :?

detainment camps and muslims.....jesus...
skidemin

Postby WestCoastBlue » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:22 pm

skidemin wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
China
Cuba
Eritrea
Laos
North Korea
Western Sahara
Vietnam

Yes, a truly disturbing modern day holocaust which is currently happening unopposed in a one party state, China.

Over the past few years up to 1 million Uighur Muslims have been detained and sent to camps. First it was denied by the Chinese government but they've since claimed the camps are "re-education centres" in an effort to combat extremism and terrorism. Many detainees are being used as forced labour and in some instances woman have been forcibly sterilised en masse to to suppress the population. It's horrific some of the things that have come out of these camps.
WestCoastBlue

Postby skidemin » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:44 pm

WestCoastBlue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
China
Cuba
Eritrea
Laos
North Korea
Western Sahara
Vietnam

Yes, a truly disturbing modern day holocaust which is currently happening unopposed in a one party state, China.

Over the past few years up to 1 million Uighur Muslims have been detained and sent to camps. First it was denied by the Chinese government but they've since claimed the camps are "re-education centres" in an effort to combat extremism and terrorism. Many detainees are being used as forced labour and in some instances woman have been forcibly sterilised en masse to to suppress the population. It's horrific some of the things that have come out of these camps.

are you real ? its not China ffs and a one party states does not include mandatory death camps :? ...... try not getting carried away and doing google searches to dig deeper holes about China , Uighurs etc
and try to concentrate on the topic without going off on a world cruise......you know... blue crayon = sky/.//green = grass etc....
skidemin

Postby WestCoastBlue » Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:52 pm

skidemin wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
China
Cuba
Eritrea
Laos
North Korea
Western Sahara
Vietnam

are you real ? its not China ffs and a one party states does not include mandatory death camps :? ...... try not getting carried away and doing google searches to dig deeper holes about China , Uighurs etc
and try to concentrate on the topic without going off on a world cruise......you know... blue crayon = sky/.//green = grass etc....

Yes it's a real situation that's been widely reported and confirmed and condemned by multiple world governments, there's plenty of places you can read up about it. And yes I know we're not China, we're also not a one party state where Drakeford and Labour have total power and zero consequences despite what you and others seem to think.

I'm not sure where I've deviated from the topic? The conversation was about Wales being likened to a one party state, my whole reply was based around that. Not sure what crayons have to do with anything here though?

And no, you are correct. Whilst one party states don't automatically mean death camps, all 7 of the above countries aren't exactly squeaky clean when it comes to human rights. The list of Freedom Indices are a set of criteria used to judge various freedoms a country and it's citizens have. They're compiled by several multinational NGO's so national/governmental biases are limited. Makes for some pretty interesting reading when compared to the UK. There's actually some pretty interesting stuff looking into it. (Interesting to me anyways, I've always enjoyed stats and tables and all that nonsense)
Attachments
Freedom Indices Comparison.png
Freedom Indices Comparison.png (76.44 KiB) Viewed 3564 times
WestCoastBlue

Postby skidemin » Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:13 pm

WestCoastBlue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
China
Cuba
Eritrea
Laos
North Korea
Western Sahara
Vietnam

Yes it's a real situation that's been widely reported and confirmed and condemned by multiple world governments, there's plenty of places you can read up about it. And yes I know we're not China, we're also not a one party state where Drakeford and Labour have total power and zero consequences despite what you and others seem to think.

I'm not sure where I've deviated from the topic? The conversation was about Wales being likened to a one party state, my whole reply was based around that. Not sure what crayons have to do with anything here though?

And no, you are correct. Whilst one party states don't automatically mean death camps, all 7 of the above countries aren't exactly squeaky clean when it comes to human rights. The list of Freedom Indices are a set of criteria used to judge various freedoms a country and it's citizens have. They're compiled by several multinational NGO's so national/governmental biases are limited. Makes for some pretty interesting reading when compared to the UK. There's actually some pretty interesting stuff looking into it. (Interesting to me anyways, I've always enjoyed stats and tables and all that nonsense)

I know mate...your not sure how putting tables up about countries thousands of miles away , talking about concentration camps , China and the plight of the uigurs is deviating from a thread named...MARK DRAKEFORD COMING OUT PARTY... no doubt if you found knitting interesting we would be treated to a few graphs and stats about ages of knitters.. coloured wools preferred in different nations and a google article about the age old are they pullovers or jumpers debate....
skidemin

Postby WestCoastBlue » Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:11 pm

skidemin wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
China
Cuba
Eritrea
Laos
North Korea
Western Sahara
Vietnam

I know mate...your not sure how putting tables up about countries thousands of miles away , talking about concentration camps , China and the plight of the uigurs is deviating from a thread named...MARK DRAKEFORD COMING OUT PARTY... no doubt if you found knitting interesting we would be treated to a few graphs and stats about ages of knitters.. coloured wools preferred in different nations and a google article about the age old are they pullovers or jumpers debate....

It's really not that complicated, all 7 countries are one party states. A term that you originally mentioned on this thread and a second user then followed up your comment again talking about one party states. I was actually the 3rd person to mention the term "one party state" so I think it's fair to say I stuck to the topic that was being discussed at the time.

China and the Uighur Muslims is linked to the discussion as an example of how a one party state operates free from consequence, that was a link to your comment about Labour having no consequences for their actions. I was showing that a similar scenario in Wales would have much more drastic consequences for those in power.

As for the graph... you were the one who brought crayons up so I thought some pretty colours might make you happy.
WestCoastBlue

Postby Scoularite » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:53 pm

by Bluebina » Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:04 pm

He said they will have invited everyone of the nine vulnerable groups by next week, which sounds ok, but will have only vaccinated 75% of them, why not say they've done 75%!

If they've only done 75%, they won't have vaccinated all the nine vulnerable groups by 15th April.

Firstly, I am certainly no supporter of Mark Drakeford, but to be fair on this one the percentage is probably because so many people just failed to turn up. My son got a call on Saturday inviting him to attend a couple of weeks earlier than scheduled because so many people had failed to turn up again. I've now had both my jabs and people had clearly not turned up, as I arrived early each time but just whizzed through as they were clearly just waiting for people to turn up.
Scoularite

Postby rumpo kid » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:02 pm

That must have been one of the most lacklustre and feeble election broadcasts ever broadcast. Put Beavis and Butthead up, and they’d get in here. Unfortunately, we have the real ones..
rumpo kid

Postby Bluebina » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:45 am

Bluebina wrote:

And it turns out they haven't even offered all over 50's a vaccine !!!
Bluebina

Return to General Chat