The 'ridiculous' Will Vaulks decision that's left Cardiff C

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:04 pm

The 'ridiculous' Will Vaulks decision that's left Cardiff City's Marlon Pack baffled as he reveals banter from whole squad

Sunday 4th April 2021

By Glen Williams

The Wales international was left out of the last camp despite showing some of his best form in a Cardiff City shirt in the months leading up to the squad announcement

Cardiff City's Marlon Pack has branded Wales' decision to leave Will Vaulks out of the recent camp "ridiculous", but said the Welshman has not escaped some training-ground ribbing because of it.

Bluebirds midfielder Vaulks had arguably played some of his best football in the lead-up to the Wales squad announcement for their World Cup qualifiers against Belgium and Czech Republic, as well as a friendly against Mexico, and looked a shoo-in to be included.

However, to the dismay of many City supporters who had watched him since Mick McCarthy took the reins, Vaulks was left out of the squad. He subsequently let his disappointment known in typically-candid fashion.

And it is fair to say that those within the Bluebirds camp agreed with the notion that it was a particularly harsh decision to leave Vaulks out of the squad, with Pack making his view known in no uncertain terms.

MARLON PACK:

"If you watch the way he plays he’s 100 per cent full throttle every game," Pack said. "We have a bit of friendly banter with him about not getting in the Wales squad.

"Me being an Englishman, I can come out and say I think it’s ridiculous he wasn’t in there with the form he’s been on and in a side that’s doing well in the Championship. That’s just my opinion.

"I think he’s right to feel hard done by. It’s the nature of football. Sometimes managers like certain players and don’t like others.

"All credit to Will, he’s got his head down and at the minute he’s doing his best for Cardiff City. We’re reaping the rewards of that and hopefully he continues his good form and he’ll have a real opportunity to go to the Euros.

"I’m speaking as a friend here and I think he should be going there, but all Will can do is continue to perform as he has done for Cardiff and if it’s not meant to be, it’s not to be.

"He can have a clear conscience he’s been playing well enough."

While there is clear disappointment from Vaulks, he has been the subject of some good-natured ribbing over the last few weeks.

But, thankfully, Pack said he had taken it all in good spirits.

"He takes it in his stride and quite well in all fairness," Pack added.

"All banter aside it can’t be nice, especially when other lads from our team are leaving to go there.

"Credit to Will – he does take a good joke and it’s not just me, it’s the whole squad giving it to him."

Like Pack, many Bluebirds fans believe he should be heading to the Euros with Wales this summer.

With seven games remaining, and potentially three more if City do reach the play-off final, he will doubtless leave everything out on the pitch to convince stand-in Wales manager Rob Page that he is deserving of that spot - even if there are thousands in the Welsh capital who believe he has done enough already.
Attachments
0_JS230971646.jpg
0_JS230971646.jpg (68.8 KiB) Viewed 4666 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: The 'ridiculous' Will Vaulks decision that's left Cardif

Postby bluebirdrob » Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:26 pm

He may look good and put the effort in every game(which City fans expect) .But he cant pass to the level of an international.
He wins the ball then kicks it away to the other team more often than not .
Effort good :clap:
skill level poor
bluebirdrob

Postby skidemin » Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:46 pm

bluebirdrob wrote:He may look good and put the effort in every game(which City fans expect) .But he cant pass to the level of an international.
He wins the ball then kicks it away to the other team more often than not .
Effort good :clap:
skill level poor

international level is based on who you have to choose from... in this case someone from newport , someone that cant get in a poor luton team.... someone who managed to get in charltons team 3 times . and someone down the pecking order at out club....
skidemin

Postby Bluesince72 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:56 am

Skill Level Poor!!!!! please google his goals for Cardiff City, goal of the season last year, and that wasn't the one from inside his own half.
Bluesince72

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:59 am

bluebirdrob wrote:skill level poor

Bit harsh that Rob. Who in the Wales set-up being selected ahead of him has been scoring goals like this of late?

Morrell? Sheehan? Levitt? Lawrence? Smith? WIlliams?

I'm just a wine drinking monkey that has a penchant for fine bannanas. You can check out my human alter-ego singing and speaking nonsense on the you tube if you like @ https://www.youtube.com/user/sibaronimusic
ealing_ayatollah

Postby skidemin » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:25 am

ealing_ayatollah wrote:

Bit harsh that Rob. Who in the Wales set-up being selected ahead of him has been scoring goals like this of late?

goals / assists at Rotherham ....
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=wi ... &FORM=VIRE

really not bad for skill level poor.... :?
skidemin

Postby Bluebina » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:27 am

skidemin wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:

:laughing6:

Some fantastic goals there to be fair, a very underrated player :thumbup:
Bluebina

Postby skidemin » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:42 am

Bluebina wrote:
skidemin wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:

:laughing6:

Some fantastic goals there to be fair, a very underrated player :thumbup:

mate , if those being picked ahead of him were regulars at prem clubs fair enough.. but some are not regs at lge1 and can only dream of having a you tube highlights clip like Will has.... its a joke...
skidemin

Postby llan bluebird » Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:26 pm

Giggs/Page version of football is the polar opposite of ours. Vaulks suits our all guts and glory style but he also has at least two dodgy decisions (not application) in him every game. At international level they get murdered.

But, seeing as we are a small nation it nuts that he is not in the squad. He is probably a decent shout at centre half where i doubt he is going to met many Kiefers but can run/walk out with the ball better than any of our centre halfs.

The Wales management seem to play "the right way" with loads of horizontal pointless passing whereas Vaulks is alway looking forward and if its not "on" whack it over the full back. I would love him (and Ralls) to remove the Warnock mindset of super safe first and try to play a bit because i am sure he is better than Morrell and i am not 100% convinced that Ampadu has progress how we all envisaged either.
llan bluebird

Postby skidemin » Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:46 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Giggs/Page version of football is the polar opposite of ours. Vaulks suits our all guts and glory style but he also has at least two dodgy decisions (not application) in him every game. At international level they get murdered.

But, seeing as we are a small nation it nuts that he is not in the squad. He is probably a decent shout at centre half where i doubt he is going to met many Kiefers but can run/walk out with the ball better than any of our centre halfs.

The Wales management seem to play "the right way" with loads of horizontal pointless passing whereas Vaulks is alway looking forward and if its not "on" whack it over the full back. I would love him (and Ralls) to remove the Warnock mindset of super safe first and try to play a bit because i am sure he is better than Morrell and i am not 100% convinced that Ampadu has progress how we all envisaged either.

tbh mate i read a few posts prior to our last game re Vaulks which were half decent points.... then i watched the game... early long direct balls aimed at semi midgets.. and a fella taking long throws that were not long.... the game plan suited WV and KM far more than those selected... add to that Wales are not prolific and Will does have a few goals in his locker... if we had 3 Aaron Ramseys and 3 Joe Allens i dont think anyone would be making any sort of case... but we dont..
skidemin

Postby Isawgarystevensscoreagoal » Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:46 pm

In a Beckenbauer role? Vaulkes?
Isawgarystevensscoreagoal

Return to General Chat