Berjaya Corporation executive chairman Vincent Tan resigns

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby fred keenor » Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:53 am

KUALA LUMPUR, April 5 — Berjaya Corporation Bhd (BCorp) executive chairman Tan Sri Vincent Tan Chee Yioun will be resigning from his post effective today, and will remain on the board of directors as non-executive chairman.

The resignation is in line with Tan’s vision to transform the BCorp Group into an institutionalised corporation, managed by professionals, the group said in a statement today.

It said group chief executive officer Abdul Jalil Abdul Rasheed has been mandated to transform the group into a high performing organisation through streamlining the various group businesses, enhancing shareholders’ value, optimising financial and human resources, improving synergies and efficiency as well as enhancing corporate governance and transparency.

In the statement, Tan expressed confidence that with Jalil and executive deputy chairman Datuk Seri Robin Tan helming BCorp Group, the group is in capable hands and will be able to move towards greater heights.

“It is also important to give Jalil space and freedom to run Berjaya in his own style.

“I can now take a step back from active day-to-day involvement in the group’s businesses and devote more of my time and energy to promoting charitable initiatives and other interests,” he said.

Meanwhile, Jalil, who will be taking the first three months to do a strategic review of the BCorp Group, said he is currently working with Robin Tan and the BCorp board to kickstart the transformative process and bring Vincent Tan’s future vision for the Berjaya Group to fruition.

“BCorp is a very diversified group and I am meeting my new colleagues in the various businesses to identify core and non-core assets and clustering the group into consumer verticals, in line with our vision to become a diversified consumer group.

“We will engage with the public and investment community when we are ready to unveil our strategic plan,” he added. — Bernama
fred keenor

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Berjaya Corporation executive chairman Vincent Tan resig

Postby skidemin » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:38 am

fred keenor wrote:KUALA LUMPUR, April 5 — Berjaya Corporation Bhd (BCorp) executive chairman Tan Sri Vincent Tan Chee Yioun will be resigning from his post effective today, and will remain on the board of directors as non-executive chairman.

The resignation is in line with Tan’s vision to transform the BCorp Group into an institutionalised corporation, managed by professionals, the group said in a statement today.

It said group chief executive officer Abdul Jalil Abdul Rasheed has been mandated to transform the group into a high performing organisation through streamlining the various group businesses, enhancing shareholders’ value, optimising financial and human resources, improving synergies and efficiency as well as enhancing corporate governance and transparency.

In the statement, Tan expressed confidence that with Jalil and executive deputy chairman Datuk Seri Robin Tan helming BCorp Group, the group is in capable hands and will be able to move towards greater heights.

“It is also important to give Jalil space and freedom to run Berjaya in his own style.

“I can now take a step back from active day-to-day involvement in the group’s businesses and devote more of my time and energy to promoting charitable initiatives and other interests,” he said.

Meanwhile, Jalil, who will be taking the first three months to do a strategic review of the BCorp Group, said he is currently working with Robin Tan and the BCorp board to kickstart the transformative process and bring Vincent Tan’s future vision for the Berjaya Group to fruition.

“BCorp is a very diversified group and I am meeting my new colleagues in the various businesses to identify core and non-core assets and clustering the group into consumer verticals, in line with our vision to become a diversified consumer group.

“We will engage with the public and investment community when we are ready to unveil our strategic plan,” he added. — Bernama

i wonder how this impacts our club....
skidemin

Postby Ponty Bluebird » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:12 am

skidemin wrote:
fred keenor wrote:KUALA LUMPUR, April 5 — Berjaya Corporation Bhd (BCorp) executive chairman Tan Sri Vincent Tan Chee Yioun will be resigning from his post effective today, and will remain on the board of directors as non-executive chairman.

Hopefully in a positive way
Ponty Bluebird

Postby skidemin » Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:20 pm

Ponty Bluebird wrote:
skidemin wrote:

indeed...hopefully we fall into the other interests category and not the strategic review bit....
skidemin

Postby Ponty Bluebird » Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:43 pm

skidemin wrote:
Ponty Bluebird wrote:
skidemin wrote:

indeed...hopefully we fall into the other interests category and not the strategic review bit....

Fingers crossed
Ponty Bluebird

Postby Barclay1 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:02 pm

My thoughts on the Cardiff City board are well documented.

Without discussing the rights and wrongs, I hope, but also do believe this will lead to a change of ownership at our club as CCFC are certainly not his priority.

For me this is the right time for change too, allowing someone with a vision and passion to lead us forward.
1st Game 24th Nov 1973 City v Bolton 1-0 (Gil Reece)
Barclay1

Postby Ponty Bluebird » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:19 pm

Barclay1 wrote:My thoughts on the Cardiff City board are well documented.

Without discussing the rights and wrongs, I hope, but also do believe this will lead to a change of ownership at our club as CCFC are certainly not his priority.

For me this is the right time for change too, allowing someone with a vision and passion to lead us forward.

They are not exactly lining up to buy us
Ponty Bluebird

Postby Barclay1 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:27 pm

Ponty Bluebird wrote:

I'm not in the know, but I think you'd be surprised. Documented that there were three potential buyers over the last 18 months or so.
Barclay1

Postby Welshman in CA » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:28 pm

Barclay1 wrote:
Ponty Bluebird wrote:

I'm not in the know, but I think you'd be surprised. Documented that there were three potential buyers over the last 18 months or so.

The usual Tan bad, anyone else good mantra. Got it.
Welshman in CA

Postby Barclay1 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:48 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:
Ponty Bluebird wrote:

The usual Tan bad, anyone else good mantra. Got it.

Where have I said that? Are you saying this opinion not allowed?
Barclay1

Return to General Chat