IS THE HONEYMOON OVER

A forum for all things Cardiff City

IS THE HONEYMOON OVER

Postby kimble » Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:54 am

Is the Honeymoon period for MICK over..we now seem to be reverting back to type.. finding it difficult to score at home
making poor decisions at the back and lapses giving goals away and unable to break teams down
Friday and the games against Huddersfield and stoke were e bit of deja vu under Harris.
I dont believe this squad is good enough to go up but would love to be proved wrong
I believe this squad needs a good overhaul particularly in midfield and give it a good go next season

there seems to be a mindset amongst this squad that needs changing
kimble

IS THE HONEYMOON OVER

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: IS THE hONEYMOON OVER

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:02 am

Not for this season at least! Always playing catch up so later results was going to slip after good start.... think he believes we can get 6th spot hence his reluctance to change things even though
some players are feeling strain of do many games!
but next season is the test of what he as planned if we're still in championship.
pembroke allan

Postby Sven » Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:05 am

kimble wrote:Is the Honeymoon period for MICK over..we now seem to be reverting back to type.. finding it difficult to score at home
making poor decisions at the back and lapses giving goals away and unable to break teams down
Friday and the games against Huddersfield and stoke were e bit of deja vu under Harris.
I dont believe this squad is good enough to go up but would love to be proved wrong
I believe this squad needs a good overhaul particularly in midfield and give it a good go next season

I've been waiting for this and credit to you fir putting your head above the proverbial parapet :clap:

My personal opinion is no, we have just had the inevitablr 'blip' after such a great start under Mick McCarthy, some of the players look a little jaded after some Hurculean efforts and we missed Sean Morrison on Friday

Hopefully, we can get back on track v Sheffield Wednesday on Monday before a series of games where we need fear no one

One thing of note is that I did say we didn't need to rush into new contracts for the management team, as the incentive would have remained to do well

Still think he's the right man for this squad of players and I am looking forward to the remainder of this season and beyond
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby worcester_ccfc » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:00 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Not for this season at least! Always playing catch up so later results was going to slip after good start.... think he believes we can get 6th spot hence his reluctance to change things even though
some players are feeling strain of do many games!
but next season is the test of what he as planned if we're still in championship.

Agree with this.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby skidemin » Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:06 pm

kimble wrote:Is the Honeymoon period for MICK over..we now seem to be reverting back to type.. finding it difficult to score at home

not for me....and the mindset of the squad ? apart from the last 2/3 games under Harris we have always looked the stronger of 2 teams and most likely to score in 2nd halves... league tables based on points in the 2nd halves had us up the top... those are not signs of poor effort or mindset....our squad was too small at the start and injuries have caught up with us... Friday 3 of our first choice back 5 were missing and all 3 were a huge part of our attacking strength when we were winning as well...
anyway..i feared a relegation battle prior to when Mick arrived... and thought 46 points from 22 games would be a minor miracle...so its job done as far as im concerned...overhaul ... maybe ,but with no parachute payments its likely to be a downgrade ..
skidemin

Re: IS THE HONEYMOON OVER

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:04 pm

Agree with most of this.
Not good enough for play offs or promotion.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby 65Blue » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:15 pm

The only time he can be judged when he has his own team, at present he is getting a tune out of players he has not recruited
65Blue

Postby bluesince62 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:04 pm

65Blue wrote:The only time he can be judged when he has his own team, at present he is getting a tune out of players he has not recruited

What tune were they playing today then?
bluesince62

Postby epping blue » Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:16 pm

Having followed the deteriorating relationship he had with the Ipswich fans, I didn't want him here. He's really pig headed and I'm worried we're about to go through a similar very toxic and worsening relationship. Worse news for me today was finding out we'd extended his contract. I was busy telling my son all the way through not to worry, he's here til the summer.
epping blue

Return to General Chat