“ It looks all over now “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:44 pm

This season’s play offs for City :cry:

ON THE POSITIVE SIDE, BIG MICK SAVED US FROM A RELEGATION FIGHT, TOOK US ON A FANTASTIC RUN OF GAMES / BEAT THE JACKS SENT THEM ON A TERRIBLE RUN & WE CAN CLEAR THE OVER PAID WASTERS OUT THIS SUMMER :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Last 6 Cardiff City games:

5 Points from 18 points

Live on Sky: 7:45pm Friday Mar 05 Huddersfield Town 0 Cardiff City 0 :bluebird:

Sat Mar 13 CARDIFF CITY 1 WATFORD 2 :cry: :cry:

7pm Tues Mar 16 CARDIFF CITY 0 STOKE CITY 0 :bluebird:

Live on Sky 5:30pm Sat Mar 20 Swansea City 0 Cardiff City 1 YES :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Fri Apr 02 CARDIFF CITY 0 NOTTINGHAM FOREST 1 :cry: :cry:

Live on Sky Easter Monday 5pm Apr 05 Sheffield Wednesday 5 Cardiff City 0 :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:bluebird: :bluebird: " REMAINING CARDIFF CITY FIXTURES " :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Apr 10 CARDIFF CITY v BLACKBURN ROVERS

Friday April 16th SKY Live 6pm Reading v Cardiff City

Tues 6pm SKY Live Apr 20 Brentford v Cardiff City

Sat Apr 24 CARDIFF CITY v WYCOMBE WANDERERS

Sat May 01 Birmingham City v Cardiff City

Sat May 08 CARDIFF CITY v ROTHERHAM UNITED
Attachments
88E9E102-42AF-4170-90D3-9759EFC6727B.jpeg
88E9E102-42AF-4170-90D3-9759EFC6727B.jpeg (341.21 KiB) Viewed 2802 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: “ It looks all over now “

Postby cardiff 74 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:49 pm

Annis I said this to you the other day even though we weren’t expecting a five nil drubbing today that we won’t finish in the play offs and we will know finish the season comfortable the forest result finished it for me I can understand if we had lost to reading and Brentford but to lose to forest and know Sheffield Wednesday who are poor teams at this stage of the season is poor
cardiff 74

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:51 pm

cardiff 74 wrote:Annis I said this to you the other day even though we weren’t expecting a five nil drubbing today that we won’t finish in the play offs and we will know finish the season comfortable the forest result finished it for me I can understand if we had lost to reading and Brentford but to lose to forest and know Sheffield Wednesday who are poor teams at this stage of the season is poor

Martin, you did and the Forest and Wednesday results were both very poor results v awful opposition.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Plymuff Bloobird » Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:55 pm

MM has kept us in the Championship.
He now has a proper summer and a transfer window to put his side together.
It wouldn't surprise me if we go on to beat both Reading and Brentford.
Plymuff Bloobird

Postby cardiff 74 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:01 pm

Annis all I hope we will finish the season on a high we will finish comfortable enough and we go again next season I think the club should have a bit longer to give mm a two year contract since he has got that it’s like everything has eased up a bit but grateful that he won at Swansea but The club should have hung on a bit longer to have given him that two year contract
cardiff 74

Postby Don Keydick » Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:08 pm

Back when we got rid of Harris we were 15th and looking over our shoulders at the bottom. We didn't think we'd be in this position then, the play-offs are gone and I have to say I'm not sorry. There's not one of our squad that you'd say would cut it in the Prem, and no way could we afford to buy a full team. So I hope MM takes the opportunity to give our promising youngsters a few games for the rest of the season, and build in the summer.
Don Keydick

Postby EastleighBlue » Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:11 pm

The fact we have even dabbled with the play off chase is credit to McCarthy. Peope criticising him tonight easily forget the position we were in. I have no doubt Harris would have taken us down. McCarthy saved us. There is something fundamentally wrong with this team regardless of whose in charge. We lack quality in midfield. We are awful with the ball. We also dont have a back up to Moore. Hes off form now and needs a break. Much to do this summer but I am feeling positive.
EastleighBlue

Postby cardiff 74 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:34 pm

I have said this in previous post I don’t think we would have been in a relegation battle even if Harris was still with us we still would have got enough wins to have avoided a relegation battle and finish comfortable enough we should have got rid of Harris earlier yes mick Macarthy has done a good job in a short space of time but things might have been different had we got rid of harries earlier mm again not my choice of manager but will be interesting to see how the season pans out and know he’s got a new two year contract it will also be interesting to know who he will bring in and let go and with a full pre season how we start the next season and will the club give him any money to spend
cardiff 74

Postby castleblue » Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:43 pm

Forever Blue wrote:This season’s play offs for City :cry:

ON THE POSITIVE SIDE, BIG MICK SAVED US FROM A RELEGATION FIGHT, TOOK US ON A FANTASTIC RUN OF GAMES / BEAT THE JACKS SENT THEM ON A TERRIBLE RUN & WE CAN CLEAR THE OVER PAID WASTERS OUT THIS SUMMER :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Last 6 Cardiff City games:

5 Points from 18 points

Live on Sky: 7:45pm Friday Mar 05 Huddersfield Town 0 Cardiff City 0 :bluebird:

Sat Mar 13 CARDIFF CITY 1 WATFORD 2 :cry: :cry:

7pm Tues Mar 16 CARDIFF CITY 0 STOKE CITY 0 :bluebird:

Live on Sky 5:30pm Sat Mar 20 Swansea City 0 Cardiff City 1 YES :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Fri Apr 02 CARDIFF CITY 0 NOTTINGHAM FOREST 1 :cry: :cry:

Live on Sky Easter Monday 5pm Apr 05 Sheffield Wednesday 5 Cardiff City 0 :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:bluebird: :bluebird: " REMAINING CARDIFF CITY FIXTURES " :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Apr 10 CARDIFF CITY v BLACKBURN ROVERS

Friday April 16th SKY Live 6pm Reading v Cardiff City

Tues 6pm SKY Live Apr 20 Brentford v Cardiff City

Sat Apr 24 CARDIFF CITY v WYCOMBE WANDERERS

Sat May 01 Birmingham City v Cardiff City

Sat May 08 CARDIFF CITY v ROTHERHAM UNITED

Annis we had just 29 points after 23 games and NO team has ever made the playoffs from there so for MM to get us anywhere near has been amazing. A combination of small squad, injuries and the relentless schedule has found us out together with waiting to long to get rid of Harris have caught up with us.

I hope the board now back MM with reshaping the squad to give him the best chance of making the playoffs next season.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf:
castleblue

Postby llan bluebird » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:21 pm

He has been about a bit (MM) so knows a thing or two. He would have learned a lot from that tonight.
llan bluebird

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:00 pm

Reply Twitter:
Attachments
5B05B1CF-FD76-4239-940E-575081E92216.jpeg
5B05B1CF-FD76-4239-940E-575081E92216.jpeg (223.85 KiB) Viewed 1960 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Ibby » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:38 pm

Its not over yet but its sad to see how odd results have happened. After a great start under the Gaffer.
Ibby

Postby TopCat CCFC » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:51 pm

Ibby wrote:Its not over yet but its sad to see how odd results have happened. After a great start under the Gaffer.

Agree and we are in the looking for favours from other clubs ...While going unbeaten to the end ...
And that still might not be enough ???
TopCat CCFC

Return to General Chat