Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ah well I’ve seen plenty of worse results etc supporting the

Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:13 pm

Ah well I’ve seen plenty of worse results etc supporting the city in the early 1970s ,win ,lose or draw always be a bluebirds C.C.F.C for Life :bluebird: :bluescarf:

Re: Ah well I’ve seen plenty of worse results etc supporting

Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:07 pm

Was gutted earlier but it's gone now ,your right if you have followed the city long enough it does your head in but when you look back it brings a smile to your face , especially when people say we should beat the bottom team easily,I say to people this is Cardiff your talking about :lol:

Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:40 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Ah well I’ve seen plenty of worse results etc supporting the city in the early 1970s ,win ,lose or draw always be a bluebirds C.C.F.C for Life :bluebird: :bluescarf:

Spot on Annis, remember Maidstone home around Christmas time one yesr we lost 5 nil then or something like that, or 4 nil up away at Peterboro and drawing 4-4 holding on for a point :D Once those results this afternoon were in I am sure our players lost a bit of heart but its no excuse for the way they played...Wednesday are bottom because their team have not performed but they do have some excellent individual players, give them a bit of confidence like an early goal and they can do what they didToday....saying all that our team selection was wrong from the start and not making a sub until 5 nil down made no sense to me...but hey ho we have had much much worse times

Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:39 pm

corky wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Ah well I’ve seen plenty of worse results etc supporting the city in the early 1970s ,win ,lose or draw always be a bluebirds C.C.F.C for Life :bluebird: :bluescarf:

Spot on Annis, remember Maidstone home around Christmas time one yesr we lost 5 nil then or something like that, or 4 nil up away at Peterboro and drawing 4-4 holding on for a point :D Once those results this afternoon were in I am sure our players lost a bit of heart but its no excuse for the way they played...Wednesday are bottom because their team have not performed but they do have some excellent individual players, give them a bit of confidence like an early goal and they can do what they didToday....saying all that our team selection was wrong from the start and not making a sub until 5 nil down made no sense to me...but hey ho we have had much much worse times

MAIDSTONE...5-0 NEW YEARS DAY..

i never thought id watch it again but here it is....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTDizsA1kyw

Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:00 am

ion wrote:Was gutted earlier but it's gone now ,your right if you have followed the city long enough it does your head in but when you look back it brings a smile to your face , especially when people say we should beat the bottom team easily,I say to people this is Cardiff your talking about :lol:

That’s how I at first feel so gutted I am going to say something stupid, calmed down now and you just have to take it on the chin. :bluebird: :bluebird: and be there for the next City game :bluebird: :bluescarf:

Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:04 am

corky wrote:

Exactly Corky :thumbright: :bluebird:

I was there at both of those games and that game at home to Maidstone was never expected in a million years.

I was at Luton about 40 yrs ago we lost 7-1 and just started jumping up and laughing when Luton scored the 6 & 7.

Seen us loose by 7 at home to Cambridge etc you’ve just got to account if you love your club :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

I went to Port Vale and we lost 6-1 and at the end we sang our goalies name George Wood , for about 5mins :lol: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:14 am

corky wrote:

I remember the 4-4 draw with Peterborough as I was driving from Wales back to Bury St Edmunds (where we lived at the time) with my family and contemplated taking them all to the game on route. When Peterborough equalised, I nearly had to ask my missus to drive. :lol:

Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:06 am

May not be the worst but after 50+ years of supporting the City that's got be up there somewhere. Maidstone was bad but we had a player sent off and Cambridge 7-2 at home can be partly excused because it was the last game of the season, we had just saved ourselves from relegation and it was our 5th game in 10 days and everything they hit went in.

I do remember as a very young lad us losing 9-0 at Preston.

Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:30 am

add 3 1 up at carlisle with 10 mins to go and we lost 4 3, billy rafferty hat trick

Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:17 pm

fred keenor wrote:add 3 1 up at carlisle with 10 mins to go and we lost 4 3, billy rafferty hat trick

God I remember that. 77?

Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:02 pm

3 nil up at Plymouth after about 70 mins.
Ended 3-3 with them getting 2 late goals

Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:16 pm

fred keenor wrote:add 3 1 up at carlisle with 10 mins to go and we lost 4 3, billy rafferty hat trick

made worse by chanting easy easy...

Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:22 pm

Preston away....say no more ....gutted for weeks after ...