Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Big Mick on his subs: ‘My message at half time was that I wa

Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:53 am

Big Mick on his subs:

“My message at half time was that I wanted to see a reaction from the team I picked, which I thought was the best team for the game. At 5-0 down, I made substitutions. I don’t think they’ve played badly. We’ve been done by goals that were almost unstoppable.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Big Mick on his subs: ‘My message at half time was that

Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:08 am

Yeah, a completely fatigued team that you refused to adapt or change before or during the game. Bacuna is not an attacking midfielder, you had 4 better options on the bench for that position. 5 cm's on the pitch and you can't work out a way to rest Moore when he's clearly being run into the ground. :oops:

Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:50 am

nubbsy wrote:Yeah, a completely fatigued team that you refused to adapt or change before or during the game. Bacuna is not an attacking midfielder, you had 4 better options on the bench for that position. 5 cm's on the pitch and you can't work out a way to rest Moore when he's clearly being run into the ground. :oops:

Before the game said needed change halftime if not going well.... but for some reason mick as thing about using moore as attacker and defender and is irreplaceable ...yet 2nd half he played 3 upfront but only moore ass recognised striker with 2 on bench? Leaving same 11 on pitch was not going to change anything that was reasonably obvious given the performance in 1st half..... mick is like most managers they've got their substitute time his is 70mins NW was 80+ mins my view a big failure yesterday to put on at least 2 subs half time particularly a striker! What's point in taking more off and putting watters on when surely having both on is far more beneficial to team.

Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:29 pm

Now he seems to be combining picking the wrong team to start with,not making subsistutions early enough with talking claptrap after the game. These are worrying signs. On the other hand good news for Wednesday they are that good they will escape relegation this season,win the championship next season and qualify for the champions league the season after probably winning a couple of cups along the way. Man City watch out.

Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:29 pm

Now he seems to be combining picking the wrong team to start with,not making subsistutions early enough with talking claptrap after the game. These are worrying signs. On the other hand good news for Wednesday they are that good they will escape relegation this season,win the championship next season and qualify for the champions league the season after probably winning a couple of cups along the way. Man City watch out.

Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:04 pm

Crayfish wrote:Now he seems to be combining picking the wrong team to start with,not making subsistutions early enough with talking claptrap after the game. These are worrying signs. On the other hand good news for Wednesday they are that good they will escape relegation this season,win the championship next season and qualify for the champions league the season after probably winning a couple of cups along the way. Man City watch out.

Fair play a good post and it seems to be the way it’s going.
To be fair, the way Wednesday played I hope they stay up!