Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff players “Smoke blown up your backsides”

Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:00 pm

Mick McCarthy says Cardiff's lack of goals is a 'concern' and suggests teams have worked out how to nullify their threats, which looks to be the case to me.
Also tells players to get back down to earth sharpish after all the 'smoke blown up our backsides' #ccfc
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Cardiff players “Smoke blown up your backsides”

Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:16 pm

In fairness relying on ralls and sang for our width is mind boggling .we could and should have gone with Hoilett and ojo.i would have expected Harris to pick that team last night disappointed mick went with it

Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:25 pm

DEANO wrote:In fairness relying on ralls and sang for our width is mind boggling .we could and should have gone with Hoilett and ojo.i would have expected Harris to pick that team last night disappointed mick went with it

What football fan would ever want to be in the soulless premier league again would rather watch city play Hereford shrewsbury Bristol roves and city leyton orient etc

Its now a racket like anything else its pretend and we all inside know it.

Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:10 pm

robjohn wrote:
DEANO wrote:In fairness relying on ralls and sang for our width is mind boggling .we could and should have gone with Hoilett and ojo.i would have expected Harris to pick that team last night disappointed mick went with it

What football fan would ever want to be in the soulless premier league again would rather watch city play Hereford shrewsbury Bristol roves and city leyton orient etc

Zzzzz if I ever have to endure any of that lower league shite football again god forbid.give me the soul less premier league anyday rather than the soul destroying lower leagues.

Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:38 pm

robjohn wrote:

the answer of course is the huge majority...its why crowds get bigger in promotion season , and sales for prem league STs are much much bigger despite knowing we are favs to go down...

Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:20 pm

Then many say that majority are plastic.. think the latter half of our last season was pretty grim fayre, apart from some fine football by the opposition. And it is a racket.

Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:27 pm

Bad as Harris was I don't actually think he would have picked a team as bad as last nights.

Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:47 pm

rumpo kid wrote:Then many say that majority are plastic.. think the latter half of our last season was pretty grim fayre, apart from some fine football by the opposition. And it is a racket.

yep less frequent fans will attend more and buy STs...but so will the die hards continue watching. it doesnt put people off.....cant get my head around anyone in any division not wanting to finish one place higher let alone not want a promotion... as for plastics , todays plastic is tomorrows die hard... dont understand that one either , normally a word thats popoular with people that claim to have been going 60 years but clearly have not...

Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:35 am

why can't he except full responsibility for the team he picked and not resting key players? Moore was our main source of goals and he's being run into the ground, and he has Bacuna supporting him!? How much further do you need to look...

Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:38 am

The issues is he's continued to play the same formation even though the players aren't there to do it!!

Leaving NG on the bench is mind boggling though.

Yes on our winning run 5-3-2 suited us but that was with 2 players at wingback who could get up and support from wide areas.

Without this we rely on set peice and a lucky bounces from a long balls or throwings.

We're like a boxer with one hand tied behind his back.

A good coach plays the best shape to suit what he has available

Or finds players who can come in to play his chosen shape.

It's clear to everyone in the last 5 games that these make fit players aren't good enough.

Two options try a new shape or try someone different in these positions who are more forward thinking (Hoilett etc.)

Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:44 pm

What’s p****d me off more than anything is not one member of the team or management has actually apologised to the fans for the performance.

Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:05 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Mick McCarthy says Cardiff's lack of goals is a 'concern' and suggests teams have worked out how to nullify their threats, which looks to be the case to me.
Also tells players to get back down to earth sharpish after all the 'smoke blown up our backsides' #ccfc

Opposition teams have sussed out our corners crosses and long throws, they are part zonal marking and picking up the dead balls, we are still a threat because we have some decent headers but the goals are drastically reducing of late. We look far less dangerous than a month or so ago when I felt we were going to score from every ball into the box.

That's modern football, teams will watch and learn how to stop you, you need to be smart and quick to adapt some new ideas.

Over to you Mick, we need a few more options up front and Morrison and NG back asap to stop us leaking like a sieve!