‘ Junior Hoilett ‘

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ Junior Hoilett ‘

Postby Brezza » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:22 pm

Embarrassing that he can’t get any game time at all. A very good servant to our club. Playing Bacuna and Williams wide before him is unbelievable
Brezza

‘ Junior Hoilett ‘

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Junior

Postby mugsy » Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:46 am

Brezza wrote:Embarrassing that he can’t get any game time at all. A very good servant to our club. Playing Bacuna and Williams wide before him is unbelievable

Couldnt agree more - you are spot on.
mugsy

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:57 am

Brezza wrote:Embarrassing that he can’t get any game time at all. A very good servant to our club. Playing Bacuna and Williams wide before him is unbelievable

Totally agree.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Re: ‘ Junior Hoilett ‘

Postby 103 Barmy Army » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:03 am

Totally agree with the OP and was thinking the exact same last night. :thumbup:

I mentioned on here a couple of weeks ago that he could be used as a LWB as well, similar to how Ashley Young and Antonio Valencia were utilised as forward thinking full backs by Man Utd during their later years and stick by this comment.
103 Barmy Army

Postby maccydee » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:05 am

Did you say the same when Bacuna was scoring two v Derby?

Personally I think Hoilett would be far better suited to left wing back than Ralls.
maccydee

Postby warnocksbarmyarmy » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:14 am

I think it’s a bit unfair to have a go at bacuna he has had some brilliant performances under mick. I agree that hoillett has to be given a go at left wing back and Perry ng has to come in on the right for the next game.
warnocksbarmyarmy

Postby moonboots » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:38 am

maccydee wrote:

Personally I think Hoilett would be far better suited to left wing back than Ralls.

Hoilett has a far better goals record than Bacuna but room in the team for both. I also think he could play the left wingback role. However, I'm sick of saying that our real problem is midfield...Ralls, Pack and Vaulks nowhere near good enough individually but put them all together and you get a slow, unimaginative midfield who cannot create enough for our front men and is boring to watch.
moonboots

Postby Aberbeeg Blues » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:05 am

Bacuna and brilliant should never be used in same sentence. Personally if Bacuna never pulls on a City shirt again I’ll be over the moon.
Absolute embarrassment to professional football.

As for Hoilett his legs have gone and he’s done zilch since our promotion season. Time to get rid of both
Aberbeeg Blues

Postby maccydee » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:02 am

warnocksbarmyarmy wrote:I think it’s a bit unfair to have a go at bacuna he has had some brilliant performances under mick. I agree that hoillett has to be given a go at left wing back and Perry ng has to come in on the right for the next game.

I’d quite like Sang to have a go centre mid.looks composed
maccydee

Postby sir ninian » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:12 am

Aberbeeg Blues wrote:Bacuna and brilliant should never be used in same sentence. Personally if Bacuna never pulls on a City shirt again I’ll be over the moon.
Absolute embarrassment to professional football.

As for Hoilett his legs have gone and he’s done zilch since our promotion season. Time to get rid of both

Spot on about Bacuna,he's garbage at best.What makes it worse is the fact he wears Peter Whittingham's no7 shirt.
sir ninian

Postby Winchmore Hill Bluebird » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:25 am

warnocksbarmyarmy wrote:I think it’s a bit unfair to have a go at bacuna he has had some brilliant performances under mick. I agree that hoillett has to be given a go at left wing back and Perry ng has to come in on the right for the next game.

I think NG must be carrying his injury still otherwise he’d be in the starting lineup. Maybe the same with Hoilett re. fitness.

Also, why only 8 subs yesterday?
Winchmore Hill Bluebird

Postby G3vans » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:44 am

Hmm, I've seen Hoilett get constant stick for his performances on this forum for years now, ever since our season in the Prem.

Different people commenting now? Or just another case of a player miraculously becoming better the longer he hasn't played?
G3vans

Postby maccydee » Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:28 am

G3vans wrote:Hmm, I've seen Hoilett get constant stick for his performances on this forum for years now, ever since our season in the Prem.

Different people commenting now? Or just another case of a player miraculously becoming better the longer he hasn't played?

When Murphy is picked and doesn’t play well Bacuna should be playing.

When Bacuna is picked and doesn’t play well Hoilett should be playing.

When Hoilett is picked and doesn’t play well he’s past it.

When Hoilett doesn’t play why is he not picked?

When Bennett wasn’t playing well he definitely shouldn’t get a contract.

When Ralls is picked we should play Pack.

When Pack is picked he shouldn’t play.

Flint is class and Mick is getting the best out of him.

Flint is rubbish and can’t believe he’s getting picked.

Morrison has had stick. Vaulks is getting stick. They were class during our run.

It’s good to have an old school manager picking the players in positions they need to be.

Mick is a dinosaur.

All the above is regularly said by the same posters.

It’s not criticism of players why I called them fickle, it’s because they change their mind like the wind.
maccydee

Postby valleymodeller » Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:31 am

Hoilett hasn't played League game since McCarthy has been manager. I think that says it all.
valleymodeller

Postby skidemin » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:05 am

valleymodeller wrote:Hoilett hasn't played League game since McCarthy has been manager. I think that says it all.

he started Micks first game at Barnsley
skidemin

Postby Crayfish » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:40 pm

No he hasn't. He had one very good game against Derby when everyone played well.Maybe another game when he was ok but he has been mostly dross since he has moved back to midfield. I used to rate him but his spell playing at full back seems to have caused him to lose any ability to play in midfield. He has been poor and deserves to be dropped.
Crayfish

Postby Crayfish » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:54 pm

One of the criticisms Ipswich fans made about McCarthy is he had his favourite players who he never seemed to drop while better players couldn't get in the team. Does anyone seriously think Bacuna and Williams are better than Wilson and Hoilett? Think we are starting to see a bit of that mentality creeping in already.

Can sort of understand not picking Hoilett if we had no chance of the playoffs as he is almost certainly leaving at the end of the season but not if we do and we just did until last night.
Crayfish

Postby Ponty Bluebird » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:04 pm

maccydee wrote:

This, most definitely
Ponty Bluebird

Postby Ponty Bluebird » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:07 pm

maccydee wrote:
G3vans wrote:Hmm, I've seen Hoilett get constant stick for his performances on this forum for years now, ever since our season in the Prem.

Morrison has had stick. Vaulks is getting stick. They were class during our run.

It’s good to have an old school manager picking the players in positions they need to be.

Mick is a dinosaur.

It’s not criticism of players why I called them fickle, it’s because they change their mind like the wind.

:thumbup: ;)
Ponty Bluebird

Postby nubbsy » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:38 am

Playing Bacuna in that position before: Ojo, Hoilett, Wilson & (on this seasons form) Murphy is embarrassing. :oops:
nubbsy

Postby Escott1927 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:16 am

nubbsy wrote:Playing Bacuna in that position before: Ojo, Hoilett, Wilson & (on this seasons form) Murphy is embarrassing. :oops:

Yes it is. Made worse as well that it wasnt changed until the 70th min and 5-0 down. We started the game with a keeper, 3 CBs, 6CMs and Moore. Then he comes out and says that the goals have dried up. No shit.
Escott1927

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:14 am

Yes I agree that NG should now slot into defence but I’m thinking Sang has done nothing wrong so could go into midfield.
Also think that one of the 3 forwards should be Murphy as he’s the only player that we have that can effectively make runs beyond the opposition back line. Make them think twice.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby MoodyBluebird » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:15 pm

maccydee wrote:

Mick is a dinosaur.

That's spot on. When we put in a bad performance, the first thing some fans do is search for scapegoats. I think it's been proven that we don't really have a strongest line-up. Most permutations have been tried. Sometimes they work,sometimes they don't.

I think the one thing we can agree on is that by and large the current crop of players are not good enough for a sustained promotion push and our midfield is the worst it's been for many, many years.
MoodyBluebird

Postby Bluebina » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:17 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Totally agree.

Triple agree what's he done wrong?
Bluebina

Postby moonboots » Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:45 pm

MoodyBluebird wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Mick is a dinosaur.

That's spot on. When we put in a bad performance, the first thing some fans do is search for scapegoats. I think it's been proven that we don't really have a strongest line-up. Most permutations have been tried. Sometimes they work,sometimes they don't.

I think the one thing we can agree on is that by and large the current crop of players are not good enough for a sustained promotion push and our midfield is the worst it's been for many, many years.

I think you summed it up nicely, especially your comment about our midfield :thumbup:
moonboots

Return to General Chat