Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Mick McCarthy: " Kieffer Moore is Knackered "

Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:13 pm

Kieffer Moore, is he looking weary?

Mick McCarthy:

I think he looks knackered! That’s slightly more than weary!

But we don’t have a replacement for him.

He is our main focal point up front and we have no one to replace him. The other strikers are not Kieffer Moore.

They have all got their own skillset. But they are not Kieffer.

McCarthy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' Kieffer Moore is Knackered '

Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:15 pm

Game management for Kieffer Moore, is that something you have to look at?

Mick McCarthy:

Of course. It’s just been one of those things, when we didn’t manage to get anyone else in the transfer window.

It was always going to leave Kieffer as an isolated target man.

It’s not been possible.

McCarthy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:17 pm

MICK McCARTHY:

He has Euros in front of him too?

He has, but he has that to look forward to. I’ve been there with that. It’ll be next season.

I remember playing at Celtic, the best year of my life when we won the double, then we went to the Euros and it was brilliant.

I came back to pre-season and I felt brilliant, then I ran out of juice completely!

We were all running on empty. It was the best pre-season I’d ever felt, then it was like someone pulled the plug out of me!

So that would concern me. But we can plan for that.

McCarthy

Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:17 pm

My view is that once he's as knackered as he seems to be then he is no longer the same person anyway. A thoroughbred once too knackered to race anymore becomes a carthorse & that is where we seem to be with him at the best.

Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:53 pm

Cardiff City boss Mick McCarthy admitted that Kieffer Moore has looked "knackered" after a gruelling season and hinted that it might inform his transfer plans this summer.

The Wales international has been tasked with an incredibly physical remit while leading the line for City this season, having played 36 of Cardiff's 40 league games.

The physical toil has taken its toll, though, and he has looked tiresome in the last few outings. He has not scored for the last six matches, but McCarthy has little option but to use him at every opportunity, given he is the only striker in situ who can carry out Cardiff's game plan effectively.

And when asked about his physical state at present, McCarthy did not pull any punches.

"I think he looks knackered!" McCarthy said. "That’s slightly more than weary!

"But we haven't got a replacement for him. We tried that (in January).

Re: Mick McCarthy: " Kieffer Moore is Knackered "

Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:45 pm

He was knackered after the Derby game, don't tell there is no plan B. He should have been rested.

Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:38 pm

When we mathematically can't qualify for the play-offs, which I imagine will happen somewhere around the last 3ish games of the season, I sincerely hope Kieffer is allowed a break before the Euros.

He's been run into the ground this season, and it will damage both Wales in the short term and us in the long term if he isn't granted a few weeks rest when we have nothing to play for. Not to mention it gives other players a much needed chance to show their worth.

Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:40 pm

FOOTSOLDIER wrote:He was knackered after the Derby game, don't tell there is no plan B. He should have been rested.

Its micks fault he as the power to take him off at halftime or put on watters/harris to help him? But he says hes to valuable in defence to take him off....what balderdash from him because if he had lessened his playing time several games ago we may not have had the results we've Had recently.... its the managers job to look after his players he as not done that with moore :old:

Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:04 pm

He jas been knackered for an age! The one thing that gets my goat, is MM openly said when letting glatzel go,he "would have no worries,in putting watters/harris/colwell etc,and doesn't?? I said(and a few others) at the time, that I hope letting glatzel go wouldnt come back and bite us on the arse! Imho, glatzel is much better than any choice after moore,and it seems MM doesn't have any plan other than A!which hasnt been working for last 6 games.

Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:30 pm

The short term benefit of playing Moore all the time means we have suffered long term. He has looked knackered for a long time now and his form has completely dropped off as have the results.

We are probably worse off with an ineffective Moore as we would be playing without him.

Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:58 pm

This is Micks admittance that he is unwilling and/or incapable of adapting our team to play without a "target man". His recent comments are worrying to be honest and I wouldn't be suprised to see Moore pull up with an Injury soon.

Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:43 am

bluesince62 wrote:He jas been knackered for an age! The one thing that gets my goat, is MM openly said when letting glatzel go,he "would have no worries,in putting watters/harris/colwell etc,and doesn't?? I said(and a few others) at the time, that I hope letting glatzel go wouldnt come back and bite us on the arse! Imho, glatzel is much better than any choice after moore,and it seems MM doesn't have any plan other than A!which hasnt been working for last 6 games.

I agree with this mate and it proves that a lot of what comes out of his gob is bullshit.

Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:41 am

I think he’s been so crucial to the way we play that it is scary to not play him. I think his tiredness has contributed to our downturn in results but we have no one similar so mick persists with him. I think he tried in January but couldn’t get anything done. Biggest thing for us this summer is getting another target man