Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“I feel for Gareth, because he’s done a great job in getting

Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:41 pm

“I feel for Gareth Ainsworth , because he’s done a great job in getting them up and scrapping almost until the very end. I can empathise with him, but we wanted to win the game, and that’s what we managed to do."

Re: “I feel for Gareth, because he’s done a great job in get

Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:48 pm

Forever Blue wrote:“I feel for Gareth Ainsworth , because he’s done a great job in getting them up and scrapping almost until the very end. I can empathise with him, but we wanted to win the game, and that’s what we managed to do."

Wycombe Wanderers gave me one of my most surreal football memories. A football special of them being marched up Nolton Street for an FA Trophy game against Bridgend Town in the late 70's. They were always pretty well supported at that level.

Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:16 pm

epping blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:“I feel for Gareth Ainsworth , because he’s done a great job in getting them up and scrapping almost until the very end. I can empathise with him, but we wanted to win the game, and that’s what we managed to do."

Wycombe Wanderers gave me one of my most surreal football memories. A football special of them being marched up Nolton Street for an FA Trophy game against Bridgend Town in the late 70's. They were always pretty well supported at that level.

We played them in the fa cup when they where a non league side they brought a few that day

Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:42 pm

cardiff 74 wrote:
epping blue wrote:

We played them in the fa cup when they where a non league side they brought a few that day

Not sure we ever did, maybe Wokingham Town 1982/83 and we won in the replay?