Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

VAR WATCH!

Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:19 pm

Var at it again today! Steve Bruce wants it gone after poor var decision today and now in Chelsea wham game another stupid decision! Wham player gets to ball kicks it up the line the follow through catches Chelsea players shin var tells cavanha to look at it which means a red card , what was player suppose to do grab his leg to stop it moving forward? The game as been played in good spirit so red card totally unwarranted..... this decision is made by someone who has no clue how football is played.

Re: VAR WATCH!

Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:37 pm

I have no idea how a clearance is even a foul.....

Games gone mental

Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:43 pm

llan bluebird wrote:I have no idea how a clearance is even a foul.....

Games gone mental

Exactly hes in possession plays ball up the line momentum takes his foot onto the player running in... what was he supposed to do? And its var officials fault for asking cavahner to go look at it who In fact had clear sight 10yds away! Var should just said no foul playing ball because once ref goes review it you knew it was a red. Ridiculous decision again!

Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:49 pm

There was no problem with the decision to disallow Newcastle's goal earlier.

The letter of the law means that's the correct decision. It states that if the ball hits an attacking player on the hand, then it's handball. Doesn't matter whether they intended to handball it or not.

The ball hit Wilson's hand.

That's changing next season so goals like that will stand next season.

As for the Balbuena red card, I just think it's a shocking decision. It is impossible to make that clearance without his foot going where it went.

Really poor decision but I can't blame VAR for it, I blame the match referee. Chris Kavanagh went to the screen and decided it was a red card.

Really poor decision by him.

I expect that red card to be overturned but that decision alone could cost West Ham a place in the top four and millions in Champions League money.

Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:59 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:There was no problem with the decision to disallow Newcastle's goal earlier.

The letter of the law means that's the correct decision. It states that if the ball hits an attacking player on the hand, then it's handball. Doesn't matter whether they intended to handball it or not.

As for the Balbuena red card, I just think it's a shocking decision. It is impossible to make that clearance without his foot going where it went.

Really poor decision but I can't blame VAR for it, I blame the match referee. Chris Kavanagh went to the screen and decided it was a red card.

I expect that red card to be overturned but that decision alone could cost West Ham a place in the top four and millions in Champions League money.

Ned didn't see earlier var decision but obviously Bruce not happy! As for wham card whilst wasn't var but the var official he should have simply said no foul but once he told cavahner to look at it you knew it would be red! As I said and Moyes agreed the decision was made by someone who as never played football and doesn't have a clue also called it a rubbish decision.... they will appeal and win but little consolation to them.

Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:10 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:There was no problem with the decision to disallow Newcastle's goal earlier.

Ned didn't see earlier var decision but obviously Bruce not happy! As for wham card whilst wasn't var but the var official he should have simply said no foul but once he told cavahner to look at it you knew it would be red! As I said and Moyes agreed the decision was made by someone who as never played football and doesn't have a clue also called it a rubbish decision.... they will appeal and win but little consolation to them.

Fair point. Agree with all of that really.

Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:39 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

most refs have played football , maybe not at this level but do you need to have been a pro to understand he was clearing the ball and your leg doesnt hit an invisible wall and stop dead on contact with the ball.... ? and yes once your asked to take a 2nd look at your work like most of us would in our jobs , your already assuming youve been asked to look again because you have made a mistake.... its not technology at all..never was never will be its decision by committee watching things at a speed that does not reflect real time....

Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:49 pm

skidemin wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

most refs have played football , maybe not at this level but do you need to have been a pro to understand he was clearing the ball and your leg doesnt hit an invisible wall and stop dead on contact with the ball.... ? and yes once your asked to take a 2nd look at your work like most of us would in our jobs , your already assuming youve been asked to look again because you have made a mistake.... its not technology at all..never was never will be its decision by committee watching things at a speed that does not reflect real time....

Have alway said you get different perspective looking in super flow motion? Got to ask question why have
extra official making mistakes when 3 is enough? Var is obviously being used wrongly it should be ref asking var anything to look at not other way around.. as for it be a mistake only mistake mafecwas by var official and the ref... just like man u last week how can ref say no foul but be a foul 2 minutes later? Get var involved simples :D

Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:22 pm

They have got more Wrong than Right this season .

Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:45 am

The West Ham sending off is a farce. Normally I wouldn't give a shite about anything to do with West ham or Chelsea but I'd love to see West ham, Leicester and Everton bag the european spots. There was an almost identical incident a few minutes later which was ignored. The prick VAR referee who called it must know he's dropped a clanger.

Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:54 pm

Tonight had constant var looking at it comments from commentator on anything that remotely look suspect! Thought a referee
refed a football game not var?

Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:00 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Tonight had constant var looking at it comments from commentator on anything that remotely look suspect! Thought a referee

I think they were desperately looking for a way to deny Iheanacho's winner. Would have been ridiculous if they'd ruled it out for a high foot, when the defenders attempted header was at chest height.

Graham Scott was the referee tonight and had a good game. Not sure why VAR seemed to be looking at almost everything.

Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:50 pm

Isawgarystevensscoreagoal wrote:The West Ham sending off is a farce. Normally I wouldn't give a shite about anything to do with West ham or Chelsea but I'd love to see West ham, Leicester and Everton bag the european spots. There was an almost identical incident a few minutes later which was ignored. The prick VAR referee who called it must know he's dropped a clanger.

Spot On .

Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:22 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Tonight had constant var looking at it comments from commentator on anything that remotely look suspect! Thought a referee

I think they were desperately looking for a way to deny Iheanacho's winner. Would have been ridiculous if they'd ruled it out for a high foot, when the defenders attempted header was at chest height.

Graham Scott was the referee tonight and had a good game. Not sure why VAR seemed to be looking at almost everything.

Ned if we persist with var it will go way of tmo in rugby ...... that started with try was ball grounded in touch now its things that happened a minute or so earlier like offside forward pass knock on... in football other things will be brought in by stealth like a foul in midfield? Where in protocol is a foul catered for other than in penalty area? But var is giving them that now even though ref didn't give foul like man u game recently ?

Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:51 pm

Nobody will be surprised to hear that Balbuena's red card has been overturned.

Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:57 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Nobody will be surprised to hear that Balbuena's red card has been overturned.

Thats several recently been overturned surely that should tell old man riley refs dont know what they're doing?

Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:00 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Nobody will be surprised to hear that Balbuena's red card has been overturned.

Thats several recently been overturned surely that should tell old man riley refs dont know what they're doing?

Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:38 pm

Why oh why cant var spot simple cheating? Arsenal got pen after pepe ran through and stuck his leg out for defender to touch it? Clear as day what happened yet var did SFA ..... said before players are conning officials and var is letting them get away with it no wonder diving and cheating is rife in football if officials keep giving pens. :o

Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:15 pm

Oh dear! Vestergaard for Southampton makes a slight mistake recovers on edge pen area as vardy runs in he pokes ball back to goalie but catches vardy on ankle with follow through (sounds familiar) ref gives red card without reference to var "NUTS"

Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:20 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Oh dear! Vestergaard for Southampton makes a slight mistake recovers on edge pen area as vardy runs in he pokes ball back to goalie but catches vardy on ankle with follow through (sounds familiar) ref gives red card without reference to var "NUTS"

I'm going to disagree here.

He did get the ball, yes.

But when you see where his foot connects with Vardy, it's a dangerous challenge and would be classed as serious foul play.

He could have given Vardy a serious injury.

But it's a hard one to call and you can make a case for either side of the argument on this one.

VAR probably told him in his ear that they agreed the decision.

Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:21 pm

Seriously thinking of binning Sky Sports.. not paying to watch this nonsense.

Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:21 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Oh dear! Vestergaard for Southampton makes a slight mistake recovers on edge pen area as vardy runs in he pokes ball back to goalie but catches vardy on ankle with follow through (sounds familiar) ref gives red card without reference to var "NUTS"

"UPDATE " sent off for denying goal scoring opportunity how the ref can say that without reference to var is hard to understand as it wasn't cut dried he get ball before keeper?

Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:23 pm

You could also argue Vardy has a responsibility not to place his leg in the way when he’s not getting to the ball first.

Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:26 pm

rumpo kid wrote:You could also argue Vardy has a responsibility not to place his leg in the way when he’s not getting to the ball first.

That as been my argument for quite awhile players deliberately putting leg in front of defender to gain pen or fouls.. but in this case as I've pointed out was for denying goal scoring opportunity with out reference it appears from var :o
Inexperienced referee tonight could explain why gave it ...

Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:33 pm

VAR could as easily advise a red card is given to Vardy for inadvertently endangering himself. Makes more sense than carding the Southampton guy..

Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:36 pm

rumpo kid wrote:VAR could as easily advise a red card is given to Vardy for inadvertently endangering himself. Makes more sense than carding the Southampton guy..

Silly woman on bbc say it was a nasty foul? :o but the question is how can you deny a goalscoring opportunity by playing the ball 1st? Be hard pressed to say vardy had a goalscoring opportunity...

Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:45 pm

Now cannot tell the time vardy injured for just over 4mins plus 1 Southampton sub so ref says 3mins added time? :laughing5:

Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:16 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
rumpo kid wrote:VAR could as easily advise a red card is given to Vardy for inadvertently endangering himself. Makes more sense than carding the Southampton guy..

Silly woman on bbc say it was a nasty foul? :o but the question is how can you deny a goalscoring opportunity by playing the ball 1st? Be hard pressed to say vardy had a goalscoring opportunity...

She's still saying was a sending off at halftime and was a shocking tackle ? Ffs shouldn't they be telling her to watch game and know what shes talking about instead of talking crap! :|

Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:21 pm

Var confirms handball against Leicester pen and 1-0 Southampton

Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:45 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:

I'm going to disagree here.

He did get the ball, yes.

But when you see where his foot connects with Vardy, it's a dangerous challenge and would be classed as serious foul play.

He could have given Vardy a serious injury.

But it's a hard one to call and you can make a case for either side of the argument on this one.

VAR probably told him in his ear that they agreed the decision.

sent off for denying a goal scoring opportunity....not for dangerous play....